Egypt's president will pick a woman and a Christian VP

Iraq had a Christian Prime Minister before we invaded them, Tariq Aziz, Lebanon also had Christian Presidents, but you are right in this case I will believe it when I see it.

Those were puppet Governments also wheres your proof?

Proof of what? you don't believe Tariq Aziz was a Christian?:confused:

No i just didn't know who he was until i looked him up but yeah it says hes catholic but the thing is he was only in during Saddam Hussein presidency and it widely known that he was more tolerate then others in regard to religion.

Those were puppet Governments also wheres your proof?

No i just didn't know who he was until i looked him up but yeah it says hes catholic but the thing is he was only in during Saddam Hussein presidency and it widely known that he was more tolerate then others in regard to religion.

Saddam Hussein was an evil son of a bitch but he was no Islamist, in fact he hated radical Muslims and had them killed routinely, he had Moqtada Al Sadrs father killed in 1999.

"For the first time in Egyptian history -- not just modern but in all Egyptian history -- a woman will take that position," Deif told CNN's Christiane Amanpour on Monday, referring to one of the vice presidency slots. "And it's not just a vice president who will represent a certain agenda and sect, but a vice president who is powerful and empowered, and will be taking care of critical advising within the presidential Cabinet."

Egypt's new president to pick woman, Christian VPs - CNN.com

:lol: CNN's Christiane Amanpour was attacked in Egypt :lol:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl55LbBFolU"]Christiane Amanpour[/ame]

Those Egyptians were looking at her like a piece of meat, they don't know how to act around women.

Cairo (CNN) -- Egypt's first ever democratically elected president, Mohamed Morsi, will make history in another way: by appointing a woman as vice president, his policy adviser told CNN.

He will also choose another vice president who is Christian, Ahmed Deif said.

The news came as the man Morsi beat for the presidency, Ahmed Shafik, left Egypt on a trip to Abu Dhabi, and as Cairo's administrative court overturned a rule that allowed the military to arrest people without a warrant.

"For the first time in Egyptian history -- not just modern but in all Egyptian history -- a woman will take that position," Deif told CNN's Christiane Amanpour on Monday, referring to one of the vice presidency slots. "And it's not just a vice president who will represent a certain agenda and sect, but a vice president who is powerful and empowered, and will be taking care of critical advising within the presidential Cabinet."

So his adviser saying this is headline news?

Egypt has women in their military and have had female Pharaohs. So this isn't that big of a deal.

The christian? A coptic minority christian?

yeah, I'll be happy when it's proved beyond any doubt.

Any word on the number of Jewish advisers?

Cairo (CNN) -- Egypt's first ever democratically elected president, Mohamed Morsi, will make history in another way: by appointing a woman as vice president, his policy adviser told CNN.

The news came as the man Morsi beat for the presidency, Ahmed Shafik, left Egypt on a trip to Abu Dhabi, and as Cairo's administrative court overturned a rule that allowed the military to arrest people without a warrant.

Egypt has women in their military and have had female Pharaohs. So this isn't that big of a deal.

What the Pharoahs had and did is irrelevant in this case, the Ancient Egyptians were not Muslims or Arabs, they were all run out and killed when the Arabs invaded Egypt.

Ah yes.... the "see we are not so bad" bone. :thup:

It makes no difference if the VP is the *cough cough* "first" woman in Egyptian history to have a power position.... or if the other VP is a token christian.... if said woman and christian tow the muslim/sheria/bortherhood line.

A mouth piece is a mouth piece...not matter it sex or religion.

Neither person is of any import. What is important is the direction in which the government of Egypt go's

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl55LbBFolU"]Christiane Amanpour[/ame]

Those Egyptians were looking at her like a piece of meat, they don't know how to act around women.

They shoved her & her crew back into their car & kicked it, pounded it with their fist & rocks. They busted the windows & did major damage before they managed to escape.

Last edited:

Saddam Hussein was an evil son of a bitch but he was no Islamist, in fact he hated radical Muslims and had them killed routinely, he had Moqtada Al Sadrs father killed in 1999.

I never said he was though, i was just saying Christians weren't as persecuted under his rule

I never said he was though, i was just saying Christians weren't as persecuted under his rule

Oh they definently weren't, Saddam Hussein didn't really hate Christians like that.

Christiane Amanpour

They shoved her & her crew back into their car & pounded it with their fist & rocks. They busted the windows & did major damage before they managed to escape.

She's lucky she wasn't raped like that other female journalist, I knew something was gonna happen those guys were licking their chops looking at her in the background.

Oh they definently weren't, Saddam Hussein didn't really hate Christians like that.

Sadam hated anything that was a threat to his power.....

What the Pharoahs had and did is irrelevant in this case, the Ancient Egyptians were not Muslims or Arabs, they were all run out and killed when the Arabs invaded Egypt.

Before that! The old Egyptians pretty much lost it all after Octavian defeated Egypt in the Battle of Actium.

I will believe it when I see it.

why not one reasonable comment on this potentually good development from the right.

If it does indeed happend will you see it as a good development?

I thought the same, and it think it shows that when far right wing posters say "Muslims should do this" and "Muslims should do that" they don't mean it at all - their disdain for Muslims is total, and based not on acts but on ethnicity.

There is basically nothing an Arab government or people can do that would elicit positive responses from the Stormfronters.

How many have had Christian heads of state?

And how many Christian countries have elected Muslim heads of state?

Man, that is one inexplicable post - especially given the US has never elected either a female or a Jew to the highest office!

FACT: Three Muslim states have had a woman as head of state - which puts them ahead of the US, France and Japan in this area.

Forum List

Back