Egypt's Baradei Under House Arrest

Yeah, same here.

the issues are different.

egypt is an ally and one of the reasons the mid east even approximates some stability. if it falls to a fundamentalist regime, that is a nightmare.

iran is a rogue state run by a loon puppet who is controlled by the fundie imam's. they are not an ally. they are a headache. if the irani government falls, that can be a very good thing.

i know you know the difference.

You and I are in agreement here, jillian. I don't think I explained myself. If the muslim brotherhood and/or radicals take over egypt, we're looking at a horrendous nightmare. That's why I think the situation is dire. The majority in Iran need to overthrow the crazies. I was pissed when this didn't happen.

it will happen in iran at some point. it may take a while, but it will.

we're in agreement on egypt. lets hope for the best. i'd love to get to see the pyramids. hopefully the country won't be taken over by fundie nutters.

You and I are in agreement here, jillian. I don't think I explained myself. If the muslim brotherhood and/or radicals take over egypt, we're looking at a horrendous nightmare. That's why I think the situation is dire...........

Why would it be a nightmare?

If it's the will of the people.

That will be a good thing. :cool:

And you think the muslim brotherhood is gonna set idly by when this happens?
I hope not. :eusa_angel:

Considering what is happening in Lebanon with Iran's proxy Hezbollah, it's just another coal on the simmering fire.

For Israel I see it as possibilities.

First, as long as they are fighting to have a different method of ruling, there is a fellow who can show them this road. There is only one who I see and he is no friend of Israel.

But he does know how governments work, and that is interesting. He is not a warmonger and worked to keep Iranian nuclear intransigence off of the table. He did this because at the time, he had guarantees from Iran that they were not working towards the creation of a nuclear military pile. He has stones.

He will laugh at any move to stop American funds and say that would be his first demand upon the new creation of a relationship with the U.S.

He is a most interesting man. A good man in many ways to counter the more extreme attitudes because he has VERY GOOD Worldly standing and even between Shia and Sunni.

There must be some people who see this as an interesting time.

Who knows what sands may blow over the wreckage of the past and create anew.

sandstorm.jpg

Now even Sunni Man should be able to use that statement to his liking, and agree in principle. :razz:

You and I are in agreement here, jillian. I don't think I explained myself. If the muslim brotherhood and/or radicals take over egypt, we're looking at a horrendous nightmare. That's why I think the situation is dire...........

Why would it be a nightmare?

If it's the will of the people.

That will be a good thing. :cool:

yes well ask an Iranian how he feels the clerics are doing? Or if he thought the country would be in economic straits its in and facing your everyday shortage 30 years after the revolution?

yes well ask an Iranian how he feels the clerics are doing? Or if he thought the country would be in economic straits its in and facing your everyday shortage 30 years after the revolution?
I don't think Americans should be talking about other nations economic problems. :doubt:

and americans should also not have a say in what style of government other countries should have.

it is not like they tried many times and not made it worse every single time.

and americans should also not have a say in what style of government other countries should have.

300px-Macarthur1.jpg

Governing Japan

MacArthur, by then one of the leading figures in military history, determined to rebuild Japan as an example of democracy, and in so doing made his greatest contribution. During the next several years he initiated polices for occupation (he stipulated that revengeful soldiers would get five years in prison if they so much as slapped a Japanese citizen), wrote and implemented a constitution, and charted a course for Japan which led it to become an economic and industrial colossus by the 1970's. His rule of Japan is considered fair and progressive, and MacArthur claimed, a greater source of satisfaction to him than his military successes.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Douglas_MacArthur

Last edited:

300px-Macarthur1.jpg

Governing Japan

MacArthur, by then one of the leading figures in military history, determined to rebuild Japan as an example of democracy, and in so doing made his greatest contribution. During the next several years he initiated polices for occupation (he stipulated that revengeful soldiers would get five years in prison if they so much as slapped a Japanese citizen), wrote and implemented a constitution, and charted a course for Japan which led it to become an economic and industrial colossus by the 1970's. His rule of Japan is considered fair and progressive, and MacArthur claimed, a greater source of satisfaction to him than his military successes.

wow, sounds like macarthur did it all by himself, without input from other people, allies, or legal precedents.

but i give it to you. the post-war treatment of japan and west germany was indeed successful. since then, bust after bust.

I don't think Americans should be talking about other nations economic problems. :doubt:

every single time?

South Korea

The United States engaged in the decolonization of Korea (mainly in the South, with the Soviet Union engaged in North Korea) from Japan after World War II. After three years of military administration by the United States, the South Korean government was established. Upon the onset of the Korean War, U.S. forces were sent to defend South Korea against invasion by North Korea and later China. Following the Armistice, South Korea and the U.S. agreed to a "Mutual Defense Treaty", under which an attack on either party in the Pacific area would summon a response from both.[40] In 1967, South Korea obliged the mutual defense treaty, by sending a large combat troop contingent to support the United States in the Vietnam War. The U.S. Eighth Army, Seventh Air Force, and U.S. Naval Forces Korea are stationed in South Korea. The two nations have strong economic, diplomatic, and military ties,

South Korea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

South Korea

The United States engaged in the decolonization of Korea (mainly in the South, with the Soviet Union engaged in North Korea) from Japan after World War II. After three years of military administration by the United States, the South Korean government was established. Upon the onset of the Korean War, U.S. forces were sent to defend South Korea against invasion by North Korea and later China. Following the Armistice, South Korea and the U.S. agreed to a "Mutual Defense Treaty", under which an attack on either party in the Pacific area would summon a response from both.[40] In 1967, South Korea obliged the mutual defense treaty, by sending a large combat troop contingent to support the United States in the Vietnam War. The U.S. Eighth Army, Seventh Air Force, and U.S. Naval Forces Korea are stationed in South Korea. The two nations have strong economic, diplomatic, and military ties,

and that is your positive example?

:lol:

the korean adventure post wwii resulted in another war.

and why?

because of foreign intervention. especially US intervention.

you cannot claim south korea as an example to counter my opinion.

now try vietnam, lol

240px-Operation_Just_Cause_Rangers_3rd_sqd_la_comadancia_small.jpg

United States' justification for the invasionThe official United States justification for the invasion was articulated by President George H. W. Bush on the morning of December 20, 1989, a few hours after the start of the operation. President Bush listed four reasons for the invasion:[21]

Safeguarding the lives of U.S. citizens in Panama. In his statement, Bush claimed that Noriega had declared that a state of war existed between the United States and Panama and that he also threatened the lives of the approximately 35,000 US citizens living there. There had been numerous clashes between U.S. and Panamanian forces; one US Marine had been killed a few days earlier and several incidents of harassment of US citizens had taken place.
Defending democracy and human rights in Panama.
Combating drug trafficking. Panama had become a center for drug money laundering and a transit point for drug trafficking to the United States and Europe.
Protecting the integrity of the Torrijos-Carter Treaties. Members of Congress and others in the U.S. political establishment claimed that Noriega threatened the neutrality of the Panama Canal and that the United States had the right under the treaties to intervene militarily to protect the Panama canal.

United States invasion of Panama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
South Korea

and why?

now try vietnam, lol

Absolutely!! a success... You can't even argue that point

Economy of South Korea

South Korea has a market economy which ranks 15th in the world by nominal GDP and 12th by purchasing power parity (PPP), identifying it as one of the G-20 major economies. It is a high-income developed country, with an emerging economy,[5] and is a member of OECD. South Korea is one of the Asian Tigers, and is the only developed country so far to have been included in the group of Next Eleven countries. South Korea had one of the world's fastest growing economies from the early 1960s to the late 1990s, and South Korea is still one of the fastest growing developed countries in the 2000s, along with Hong Kong, Singapore, and Taiwan, the other three members of Asian Tigers.[6] South Koreans refer to this growth as the Miracle on the Han River.[7] Having almost no natural resources and always suffering from overpopulation in its small territory, which deterred continued population growth and the formation of a large internal consumer market, South Korea adapted an export-oriented economic strategy to fuel its economy, and in 2010, South Korea was the sixth largest exporter and tenth largest importer in the world

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_South_Korea

Vietnam was a hot part of the cold war which we eventually won, it turn these countries were freed

1.Armenia
2.Azerbaijan
3.Belarus
4.Estonia
5.Georgia
6.Kazakhstan
7.Kyrgyzstan
8.Latvia
9.Lithuania
10.Moldova
12.Tajikistan
13.Turkmenistan
14.Ukraine
15.Uzbekistan

Last edited:
South Korea

and why?

now try vietnam, lol

Absolutely!! a success... You can't even argue that point

Economy of South Korea

South Korea has a market economy which ranks 15th in the world by nominal GDP and 12th by purchasing power parity (PPP), identifying it as one of the G-20 major economies. It is a high-income developed country, with an emerging economy,[5] and is a member of OECD. South Korea is one of the Asian Tigers, and is the only developed country so far to have been included in the group of Next Eleven countries. South Korea had one of the world's fastest growing economies from the early 1960s to the late 1990s, and South Korea is still one of the fastest growing developed countries in the 2000s, along with Hong Kong, Singapore, and Taiwan, the other three members of Asian Tigers.[6] South Koreans refer to this growth as the Miracle on the Han River.[7] Having almost no natural resources and always suffering from overpopulation in its small territory, which deterred continued population growth and the formation of a large internal consumer market, South Korea adapted an export-oriented economic strategy to fuel its economy, and in 2010, South Korea was the sixth largest exporter and tenth largest importer in the world

Economy of South Korea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vietnam was a hot part of the cold war which we eventually won, it turn these countries were freed

1.Armenia
2.Azerbaijan
3.Belarus
4.Estonia
5.Georgia
6.Kazakhstan
7.Kyrgyzstan
8.Latvia
9.Lithuania
10.Moldova
12.Tajikistan
13.Turkmenistan
14.Ukraine
15.Uzbekistan

keep in mind what i wrote.

i consider causing a further war in korea a definite non-improvement.

korea was a toy being ripped apart by china, soviet russia and the usa.

massacres pre-korean war occurred.

uprisings occurred

the koreans wanted a korean solution.

korea is different from japan or germany.

japan and germany were aggressors.

korea was a victim.

vietnam was a victim.

this is about unwanted and unwarranted US american influence in other states political systems.

and not about if the countries survived the "influence" and made it anyway.

try to keep up.

Forum List

Back