Egyptian Pres. To Ask UN To Criminalize Bad Movies

photo_1346000841608-1-0.jpg

Egyptian President Morsi will ask the United Nations to criminalize what he calls racist acts. Making movies that depict Muhammad in a bad light.

The problem is not only was "The Innocence of Muslims" produced by an Egyptian but it was also funded by Egyptian cash.

So President Morsi has no moral high-ground to voice a complaint from.

Obama is also going to the UN to complain about Christians making anti-Muslim movies.

The shit is getting pretty damned deep folks.

Obama is still going along with sham, however America is getting wise to his BS I'm afraid.

s-MORRIS-SADEK-large.jpg

Morris Sadek, The 'Maverick' Egyptian-American Copt Behind Anti-Islamic Film 'Innocence Of Islam'

Florida Pastor Terry Jones ignited deadly riots by threatening to burn Qurans in 2010, and by torching the Islamic holy text last year. Recently, Jones said he would promote a crude film that portrays Islam's Prophet Muhammad as a foolish sexual pervert.

But in the days before the protests, Jones made no public mention of the film, called "Innocence of Muslims," even as he prepared to stage an "International Judge Muhammad Day" on Sept. 11.

Instead, the man who translated the film into Arabic, sent it to Egyptian journalists, promoted it on his website and posted it on social media was an obscure Egyptian-born Coptic Christian who lives near Washington and proudly touts his ties to Jones.

Morris Sadek describes himself as a human rights attorney and president of a small group called the National American Coptic Assembly, based in Chantilly, Va. Sadek says on his website that he is a member of the Egyptian and Washington, D.C. bar associations who has "defended major human rights cases" including the late Coptic Pope Shenouda III, who died in March.

But fellow Copts depict Sadek as a fringe figure and publicity hound whose Islamophobic invectives disrupt Copts' quest for equal religious rights in Egypt. Morris Sadek, The 'Maverick' Egyptian-American Copt Behind Anti-Islamic Film 'Innocence Of Islam'

Links

Egypt Salafi urges U.N. to criminalize contempt of Islam | Reuters

Morris Sadek, The 'Maverick' Egyptian-American Copt Behind Anti-Islamic Film 'Innocence Of Islam'

:lmao:

Yes, but we can make Amendments to the Constitution.

So far there are 27 of them.

True story..............:cool:

Still ignores the fact that belief is only belief. What makes Islam any different? What basis is there to grant that particular idea special status when it comes to something also regarded as sacrosanct; i.e., free speech?

You will never live to see the First Amendment changed.

Still ignores the fact that belief is only belief. What makes Islam any different? What basis is there to grant that particular idea special status when it comes to something also regarded as sacrosanct; i.e., free speech?

Free Speech isn't in the Constitution; but is a ratified amendment that can be revoked at any time.

True story............ :cool:

Free Speech isn't in the Constitution; but is a ratified amendment that can be revoked at any time.

Good to know... so when the clamps come down on the muslim rhetoric.... you wont complain...right?

Don't be silly. If Americans were going to pass an Amendment favoring a religion (which is not going to happen), it would be one that more than a tiny minority identify with. We would be many times more likely to make an Amendment banning Islam altogether.

photo_1346000841608-1-0.jpg

Egyptian President Morsi will ask the United Nations to criminalize what he calls racist acts. Making movies that depict Muhammad in a bad light.

The problem is not only was "The Innocence of Muslims" produced by an Egyptian but it was also funded by Egyptian cash.

So President Morsi has no moral high-ground to voice a complaint from.

Obama is also going to the UN to complain about Christians making anti-Muslim movies.

The shit is getting pretty damned deep folks.

Obama is still going along with sham, however America is getting wise to his BS I'm afraid.

s-MORRIS-SADEK-large.jpg

Florida Pastor Terry Jones ignited deadly riots by threatening to burn Qurans in 2010, and by torching the Islamic holy text last year. Recently, Jones said he would promote a crude film that portrays Islam's Prophet Muhammad as a foolish sexual pervert.

But in the days before the protests, Jones made no public mention of the film, called "Innocence of Muslims," even as he prepared to stage an "International Judge Muhammad Day" on Sept. 11.

Instead, the man who translated the film into Arabic, sent it to Egyptian journalists, promoted it on his website and posted it on social media was an obscure Egyptian-born Coptic Christian who lives near Washington and proudly touts his ties to Jones.

Morris Sadek describes himself as a human rights attorney and president of a small group called the National American Coptic Assembly, based in Chantilly, Va. Sadek says on his website that he is a member of the Egyptian and Washington, D.C. bar associations who has "defended major human rights cases" including the late Coptic Pope Shenouda III, who died in March.

But fellow Copts depict Sadek as a fringe figure and publicity hound whose Islamophobic invectives disrupt Copts' quest for equal religious rights in Egypt. Morris Sadek, The 'Maverick' Egyptian-American Copt Behind Anti-Islamic Film 'Innocence Of Islam'

Links

Egypt Salafi urges U.N. to criminalize contempt of Islam | Reuters

At least Obama caca is getting pretty deep!

Still ignores intellectual honesty.

footnote: You do know that Constitutional changes have to be accepted by a large majority of all the states, not just Congress, don't you?

Last edited:

Don't be silly. If Americans were going to pass an Amendment favoring a religion (which is not going to happen), it would be one that more than a tiny minority identify with. We would be many times more likely to make an Amendment banning Islam altogether.

It says in the constitution you cannot pass any laws that favor one religion over another......

True story........:cool:

If we're gonna criminalize bad movies, can we criminalize bad television too?

American Idol and any show with the Kardashians should carry a prison sentence of 1 year for every show aired.

However...............that being said, I know that things like that will never be criminalized in this country, because we do have free speech. Unfortunately, there are a few people who think that free speech means you can say anything you want to, no matter how hateful or vile, and then if you denounce it, they think you're tromping on their free speech rights. No, you're responding with free speech of your own by denouncing it.

Remember when Laura Ingram said those nasty racist things on the radio to that African American woman? Under the rights of free speech, she is allowed to say that. However............her free speech rights were never trampled, it was other people using THEIR free speech rights to tell her how stupid and ugly those statements were.

Same here. Although I don't agree with the movie, nor do I agree with the way it was put together, it's STILL free speech, no matter how hateful or vile.

But................as a citizen of this country, I have the right under free speech to denounce the film. So does Obama if it doesn't reflect the views of this country, because he's the President and speaks for the nation as a whole because he was elected by the people of this country.

Me personally? If you don't denounce this film, you're as hateful as the idiot that made it.

American Idol and any show with the Kardashians should carry a prison sentence of 1 year for every show aired.

However...............that being said, I know that things like that will never be criminalized in this country, because we do have free speech. Unfortunately, there are a few people who think that free speech means you can say anything you want to, no matter how hateful or vile, and then if you denounce it, they think you're tromping on their free speech rights. No, you're responding with free speech of your own by denouncing it.

Remember when Laura Ingram said those nasty racist things on the radio to that African American woman? Under the rights of free speech, she is allowed to say that. However............her free speech rights were never trampled, it was other people using THEIR free speech rights to tell her how stupid and ugly those statements were.

Same here. Although I don't agree with the movie, nor do I agree with the way it was put together, it's STILL free speech, no matter how hateful or vile.

But................as a citizen of this country, I have the right under free speech to denounce the film. So does Obama if it doesn't reflect the views of this country, because he's the President and speaks for the nation as a whole because he was elected by the people of this country.

Me personally? If you don't denounce this film, you're as hateful as the idiot that made it.

no, I don't remember.

Got a link?

How is this racist in the first place? Muslims are diverse. Making this a race issue is an insult to those that actually went through racism.

This is a slippery slope argument. Once you ban one movie for being highly offensive, racist, sexist or religiously intolerant; you have to ban them all. If someone wants to make a movie denying the holocaust or any historical event they can, as it is under the first amendment. If someone wants to make a movie that is historically inaccurate and religiously intolerant they can, as again it is under the first amendment.

As far as I am concerned someone could make a film that glorifies Hitler, calls for a Fourth Reich and the extermination of all Jews and Muslims; it would be disgusting and highly offensive. But if we don't allow it, if we say something offensive or make something offensive we would find ourselves in jail.

I find the French ban on Armenian Genocide denial a violation of freedom of speech, as much as I find the ban on Holocaust denial a violation of freedom of speech. Thankfully such bans will never come to America, people can thank the US Constitution for that at least.

Last edited:

no, I don't remember.

Got a link?

Google it yourself..............."Laura Ingraham African American Woman insult".

True story.

The First Amendment is in the Bill of Rights!

Here is the problem that islam faces in wanting to repeal the Bill of Rights.

It's not religious.

While I would LIKE to see islam and the servile United Nations at least make a good attempt at repealing the Bill of Rights, such a thing would ignite the American people across the entire spectrum of belief. While we are a people of diverse beliefs, that ends at the First Amendment of the Bill of Rights. Christians, Buddhists, Agnostics and Atheist American all believe in the guarantees of the Bill of Rights. We have a 1.5% muslim population in this country. Having 98.5% of Americans after their throats isn't going to be something they are interested in.

Forum List

Back