EGYPT: US about to make another Iraq style blunder in ME

No, there is one more tiny, teeny weeny difference.

They, and by they I mean MUSLIMS, a disturbing percentage of THEM, again, I mean MUSLIMS, tend to strap bombs to themselves and explode themselves in groups of strangers to get a point across, hoping THEY take as many of us (non Muslims) to the grave as possible.

But other than that tiny detail, sure, they're like us.

Us killing Iraqi Muslims.

al Qaeda killing around the world.

Who has killed more?

NOTE: How many times has Iraq attacked the US?

Depends on what you are referring to. In Iraq, Saddam killed more Iraqi's in the 10 years leading up to the war than the 10 years that we were at war with them. It is rather interesting that FEWER people were dying in open warfare than were dying in peacetime in that country.
UN Sanctions on Iraq

"Estimates of civilian deaths during from the sanctions range from 100,000 to over 1.5 million, most of them children."

There was no peace for Iraq between the end of Gulf War I and the US invasion in March of 2003.

Who has killed more?

Depends on what you are referring to. In Iraq, Saddam killed more Iraqi's in the 10 years leading up to the war than the 10 years that we were at war with them. It is rather interesting that FEWER people were dying in open warfare than were dying in peacetime in that country.
UN Sanctions on Iraq

"Estimates of civilian deaths during from the sanctions range from 100,000 to over 1.5 million, most of them children."

There was no peace for Iraq between the end of Gulf War I and the US invasion in March of 2003.

Which is why I'm mystified why so many think Iraq was this great, secret military threat. They had no industry to speak of, no manufacturing. Yet many insist they were developing "nuclear weapons"? Iran has been working on nuclear weapons since the 70s or 80s and the nuclear material they've refined is apparently about the strength of the average hospital x-ray.

The entire United States is a melting pot of people who look different and believe different ways. What makes us better is that some of us accept those differences.

In Texas, the 2010 Republican Party State Platform wants to make gay people "felons". Do you feel they should be "felons"?

Wanting to kill them, like they want to do in the ME is worse than what the Christians in Texas want to do, which is make them felons and imprison them. But only by a matter of degrees. You will always be gay, so should you always be in prison? For some, that is worse than death.

So it seems to me, the right wing is already "treating groups differently".

In Texas, the 2010 Republican Party State Platform wants to make gay people "felons". Do you feel they should be "felons"?

so Dean.....does this mean that ALL Republicans in the land want this?......or just the REAL Far Righties.......

i got news for you Dean.....so does the Left Wing....AND.....we have you as example A....

Just to make sure I understand. The Republicans in charge of the Republican Party in Texas aren't "real" Republicans? Instead, they are "fringe"? What about anti gay rhetoric in other Republican State Party Platforms. Exactly how many "fringe" do Republicans have????
your not going to Dance away on this one Dean....answer the fucking question.....dont make up your own.....i asked you.....in response to what you said here...

"In Texas, the 2010 Republican Party State Platform wants to make gay people "felons". Do you feel they should be "felons"?

does this mean that ALL Republicans in the land want this?......or just the REAL Far Righties?......answer the fucking question.....DO ALL REPUBLICANS in this Country want this?......YES or NO.....which is it?...

so Dean.....does this mean that ALL Republicans in the land want this?......or just the REAL Far Righties.......

i got news for you Dean.....so does the Left Wing....AND.....we have you as example A....

Just to make sure I understand. The Republicans in charge of the Republican Party in Texas aren't "real" Republicans? Instead, they are "fringe"? What about anti gay rhetoric in other Republican State Party Platforms. Exactly how many "fringe" do Republicans have????
your not going to Dance away on this one Dean....answer the fucking question.....dont make up your own.....i asked you.....in response to what you said here...

"In Texas, the 2010 Republican Party State Platform wants to make gay people "felons". Do you feel they should be "felons"?

does this mean that ALL Republicans in the land want this?......or just the REAL Far Righties?......answer the fucking question.....DO ALL REPUBLICANS in this Country want this?......YES or NO.....which is it?...

Once you get to 90%, who cares what the other 10% think?

And yet, the Democrats, being a party of many, many different minorities still have to build coalitions to be able to work together. Democrats recognize that all those different groups ARE different.

The ONLY minority group right wingers respect are millionaires and billionaires. You know it. I know it. Don't you have another BP to apologize to? Or a tax break for people vacationing on the Riviera?

BULLSHIT you dumbass....the Democrats USE those different groups to get what they want....your so fucking sucked in by these people Dean your never going to break free and do your own thinking.......your a fucking Automaton...a programed unit....."the UNIT called Dean.....you must hate and distrust all political talk that is to your right......ALL Republicans are your enemies.....you will discount anything any of them tell you....you will discount anything anyone else tells you about them.....you must EXTERMINATE!......EXTERMINATE!".....fucking Dalek........

UN Sanctions on Iraq

Which is why I'm mystified why so many think Iraq was this great, secret military threat. They had no industry to speak of, no manufacturing. Yet many insist they were developing "nuclear weapons"? Iran has been working on nuclear weapons since the 70s or 80s and the nuclear material they've refined is apparently about the strength of the average hospital x-ray.
After Gulf War I Iraq's neighbors weren't viewing it as a military threat. Most Arab elites worried more about Iran gaining influence in the region if Saddam was overthrown.

I think controlling Iraqi oil (as opposed to making a profit from Iraqi oil) has been been a part of US foreign policy since the end of World War II.

I can't find an online source; however, I've read the US military conceived a plan in the 1950s to seize control of northern Iraqi oil fields around Kirkuk by launching an invasion from Turkey.

The Soviets would have filed a nuclear objection at that time, but once the wall came down...

I can't believe today our current elites plan on leaving Iraq or Afghanistan within the next fifty years, if ever.

Germany. Japan. Korea. Iraq. Afghanistan. ?

And yet, the Democrats, being a party of many, many different minorities still have to build coalitions to be able to work together. Democrats recognize that all those different groups ARE different.

The ONLY minority group right wingers respect are millionaires and billionaires. You know it. I know it. Don't you have another BP to apologize to? Or a tax break for people vacationing on the Riviera?

BULLSHIT you dumbass....the Democrats USE those different groups to get what they want....your so fucking sucked in by these people Dean your never going to break free and do your own thinking.......your a fucking Automaton...a programed unit....."the UNIT called Dean.....you must hate and distrust all political talk that is to your right......ALL Republicans are your enemies.....you will discount anything any of them tell you....you will discount anything anyone else tells you about them.....you must EXTERMINATE!......EXTERMINATE!".....fucking Dalek........

Gee, I hate to break the news to you, but Democrats ARE those groups. There is no "secret band" of Democrats who "control" all the separate minority groups. Those minorities form coalitions who work together for the best interests of the country.

Don't you have an oil company to apologize to? Your leaders do.

open up a dance studio Dean.....your good at it.....you want all the "Republicans" here to answer your fucking questions but yet you do nothing but do everything you can, to not answer questions put to you,especially the ones you cant answer....now you know why so many here treat you with no respect,why you are looked at as a joke,why no one cares anymore what you think and about the questions you bring up and why the threads you start all end up with everyone just calling you names......its one thing to be Dishonest Dean...its another to be an Asshole.....but when you are both that says a lot....

It's odd to me that people can take such a moral stance against a muslim killing dozens of innocent people with a suicide bomb or many suicide bombers killing hundreds of innocent people and at the same cheer on wars done by mostly christians that kill hundreds of thousands of innocent people and trade embargos that kill hundreds of thousands of innocent people.
Those wars are not religious wars and have nothing to do with Christianity. Now, if you are referring to a Christian war like the crusades then we can talk but I have a feeling that you are referring to more recent events. You can protest the wars (and I would agree with you on the case of Iraq) but there is no equivalent in them to the terrorists.

Of course the trade embargos are another matter altogether. I have a problem when people seem to think that refusing to sell an item to someone somehow equates to what you are eluding to. There is no requirement for me to supply anyone with anything and saying that the USA has some bullshit moral obligation to feed another country is crap. To put it another way - if you are not sending support over to the starving in Africa then YOU are the reason that I continue to see advertisements of children with bloated bellies for lack of food. Not supplying something to a populous is not indicative to murdering them. Granted, this is a bit more complex than that but it is the simple version.
All goes back to the grip religion has on people's brains.

"My religion and my God are right, theirs is wrong so the people who share my God are automatically right and those who don't are automatically wrong."
Then again, I am not a Christian. So, my question still stands:
What percentage of suicide bombers are NOT Muslim?

All you stated here is a straw man anyway. The facts are as they are presented and the main point is still there. You cannot face the problem and come up with a solution when the only thing you are interested in is denying the problem exists.

Put it another way. How many Muslims drop bombs on people from airplanes?

open up a dance studio Dean.....your good at it.....you want all the "Republicans" here to answer your fucking questions but yet you do nothing but do everything you can, to not answer questions put to you,especially the ones you cant answer....now you know why so many here treat you with no respect,why you are looked at as a joke,why no one cares anymore what you think and about the questions you bring up and why the threads you start all end up with everyone just calling you names......its one thing to be Dishonest Dean...its another to be an Asshole.....but when you are both that says a lot....

You're the one making things up. First, quote me where I said "all" Republicans. I'm sure there must be three or four there that don't hate gay people. They're just awfully quiet.

But this thread is about Egypt. Not about you're juvenile rants.

From Chris Hedges's latest column:

"The secular Arab regimes, backed by the United States, are discredited and moribund.

"The lofty promise of a pan-Arab union, championed by the Egyptian leader Gamal Abd-al-Nasser and the original Baathists, has become a farce. Nasser’s defiance of Washington and the Western powers has been replaced by client states. The secular Arab regimes from Morocco to Yemen, for all their ties with the West, have not provided freedom, dignity, opportunity or prosperity for their people.

"They have failed as spectacularly as the secular Palestinian resistance movement led by Yasser Arafat. And Arabs, frustrated and enduring mounting poverty, are ready for something new.

"Radical Islamist groups such as the Palestinian Hamas, the Shiite Hezbollah in Lebanon and the jihadists fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan are the new heroes, especially for the young who make up most of the Arab world.

"And many of those who admire these radicals are not observant Muslims. They support the Islamists because they fight back..."

The global class war will not exempt the USA from the for-profit violence its elites inflict on others.

No, there is one more tiny, teeny weeny difference.

They, and by they I mean MUSLIMS, a disturbing percentage of THEM, again, I mean MUSLIMS, tend to strap bombs to themselves and explode themselves in groups of strangers to get a point across, hoping THEY take as many of us (non Muslims) to the grave as possible.

But other than that tiny detail, sure, they're like us.

Who has killed more?

Seriously..where do you guys come up with this nonsense?

You're the one making things up. First, quote me where I said "all" Republicans. I'm sure there must be three or four there that don't hate gay people. They're just awfully quiet.

But this thread is about Egypt. Not about you're juvenile rants.

i dont have to Dean....outside of those who suck your ass everyone here knows who and what you are.....and everytime you dance around questions you just keep on proving what many here have said about you time and time again.....have a nice day Chump....

Who has killed more?

talk radio.

Real facts mean nothing to some.

What "disturbing" percentage of Muslims become suicide bombers?

How many Christian children have Muslim bombs killed, maimed or orphaned?

How much money do rich Muslims make from Hellfire missiles sales?

How about addressing on a day to day basis, I will start with 9/11, how many children lost a father, mother, brother, grandmother, grandfather, uncle, aunt, cousin, or sister.

3,000 dead, if we include the children who lost someone as George asks the number becomes very difficult, I say at least 250,000 children lost someone on that day celebrated across the Middle East.

Next of course we can address those who are killed in by airplanes being blown up or crashed, cruise ships attacked, those killed in Israel, or the 200,000 Christians being ethnically cleansed from Kosovo. Lets not forget the death and destruction across Africa.

Yes how many must die, the sad fact is that when it comes to people like George, they read Chomsky and Zinn, the more Chomsky and Zinn lied and called the USA actions murder and war crimes the more people like George bought their books, the more books Chomsky and Zinn sold the more they realized it was profitable to Hate the USA. Hence a horrible cycle was born.

How about how much of the hate and lies printed by Chomsky and Zinn are beleived by the under-educated leaders of the Middle East or by the Moslem press thus fueling the hatred that leads to mass murder by suicide bombers.

George thus by purchasing the anti-american rhetoric of Zinn and Chomsky has increased the popularity as such that the Moslem leaders become of aware of the books, and seeing that many in the USA support Chomsky and Zinn, the Moslems of lesser education are unable to see the hate filled lies from the truth.

We are talking about the Middle East. I wasn't aware Kosovo or Africa were in the Middle East. Christians in Uganda want to execute gays and put relatives of gays in prison for up to seven years for not turning in their family members.

Then there is the Christian population of Iraq that has mysteriously declined by about a million since we invaded Iraq. Since many, including women, Christians and gays, are saying their lives were better under Saddam, how can we pretend to be "moral"?

Apparently, our hands are dirty too.

I see you got "Thanks" by Tinmore for this post, yes, I admit I am wrong, I got side tracked and threw in Africa, I kind of forget that Egypt is in the Middle East, I always thought, incorrectly that Egypt was in North Africa, that the Nile is in North Africa. I thought Rommel fought in North Africa when he was in Egypt.

Rdean and Tinmore, if you have no knowledge of where Egypt is how do you have any knowledge at all.

I can see why the Liberal's call Palin dumb, if one is dumb, the world must seem like an awful big, confusing place.

Egypt is in North Africa.

How about addressing on a day to day basis, I will start with 9/11, how many children lost a father, mother, brother, grandmother, grandfather, uncle, aunt, cousin, or sister.

3,000 dead, if we include the children who lost someone as George asks the number becomes very difficult, I say at least 250,000 children lost someone on that day celebrated across the Middle East.

Next of course we can address those who are killed in by airplanes being blown up or crashed, cruise ships attacked, those killed in Israel, or the 200,000 Christians being ethnically cleansed from Kosovo. Lets not forget the death and destruction across Africa.

Yes how many must die, the sad fact is that when it comes to people like George, they read Chomsky and Zinn, the more Chomsky and Zinn lied and called the USA actions murder and war crimes the more people like George bought their books, the more books Chomsky and Zinn sold the more they realized it was profitable to Hate the USA. Hence a horrible cycle was born.

How about how much of the hate and lies printed by Chomsky and Zinn are beleived by the under-educated leaders of the Middle East or by the Moslem press thus fueling the hatred that leads to mass murder by suicide bombers.

George thus by purchasing the anti-american rhetoric of Zinn and Chomsky has increased the popularity as such that the Moslem leaders become of aware of the books, and seeing that many in the USA support Chomsky and Zinn, the Moslems of lesser education are unable to see the hate filled lies from the truth.

We are talking about the Middle East. I wasn't aware Kosovo or Africa were in the Middle East. Christians in Uganda want to execute gays and put relatives of gays in prison for up to seven years for not turning in their family members.

Then there is the Christian population of Iraq that has mysteriously declined by about a million since we invaded Iraq. Since many, including women, Christians and gays, are saying their lives were better under Saddam, how can we pretend to be "moral"?

Apparently, our hands are dirty too.

I see you got "Thanks" by Tinmore for this post, yes, I admit I am wrong, I got side tracked and threw in Africa, I kind of forget that Egypt is in the Middle East, I always thought, incorrectly that Egypt was in North Africa, that the Nile is in North Africa. I thought Rommel fought in North Africa when he was in Egypt.

Rdean and Tinmore, if you have no knowledge of where Egypt is how do you have any knowledge at all.

I can see why the Liberal's call Palin dumb, if one is dumb, the world must seem like an awful big, confusing place.

Egypt is in North Africa.

Geographically Egypt is in North Africa.

Politically it is in the middle of the Israel/Palestine conflict.

talk radio.

Nothing to do with talk radio whatsoever. Look at the number of people that were killed as a direct result of Saddam's rule. Are you going to pretend that he was not a murderous dictator that gassed his own people? Were the mass graves that we are still finding just made up by the right wing extremists?

talk radio.

Nothing to do with talk radio whatsoever. Look at the number of people that were killed as a direct result of Saddam's rule. Are you going to pretend that he was not a murderous dictator that gassed his own people? Were the mass graves that we are still finding just made up by the right wing extremists?

Nobody cares about the mass graves or the Kurds that he gassed though.

Forum List

Back