Egypt shooting itself in the foot

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
EL-ARISH PORT, Jan 6 (Bernama) -- More than 10 members of the Viva Palestina convoy were injured, four of them seriously, and seven members arrested by Egyptian police during a protest here Tuesday at 11.40pm local time.

The protest was staged by Viva Palestina convoy members to protest against the decision by the Eqyptian government to bar 59 convoy vehicles from leaving here for Gaza.

Egyptian police acted strongly against the convoy members three hours after the protest was staged at the entry and exit security point at this port.

Four members were seriously injured and had to be taken to hospital for further treatment.

More than 10 members sustained light injuries due to thrown rocks and tear gas.

Also arrested were three Britons, two Americans and a Kuwaiti.

According to witnesses, the incident was provoked by agents provocateurs of the Egyptian government.

The Viva Palestina Convoy is made up of 450 people from various countries with 220 vehicles in a mission to send humanitarian aid like food, medicines and school equipment worth more than US$1 million to Palestinians in Gaza.

BERNAMA - Viva Palestina: More Than 10 Injured, Seven Arrested, Including A Malaysian

Egypt allows through Gaza aid convoy after protests

RAFAH, Egypt (Reuters) – Egypt has reached a deal with members of an aid convoy to take supplies to Palestinians in Gaza after protests overnight, but Cairo barred their private cars from crossing, an Egyptian security source said.

Cairo had insisted the food and other supplies should enter Gaza via an Israeli-controlled checkpoint but convoy leaders wanted to use the Egyptian-controlled Rafah border crossing.

A Reuters correspondent saw security forces throwing stones at several hundred people traveling with the convoy, and police used water cannon to force them to end an occupation of the harbor. Around 40 convoy members suffered minor injuries and 15 police were hurt, witnesses said.

Egypt allows through Gaza aid convoy after protests - Yahoo! News

everyone picks on the poor pals...

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure they do.

kinda like everyone picks on poor jews, right Jillybean? Wanna compare lifestyles behind the wall with jews in israel now?

I bet you wouldn't live YOUR life the way you force palis to live theirs..

kinda like everyone picks on poor jews, right Jillybean? Wanna compare lifestyles behind the wall with jews in israel now?

i don't force them to do anything... maybe they should stop blowing up stuff.

yea! because every pali BLOWS SHIT UP! Kinda like how EVERY JEW is a scheming ponzi master, right?

oh.. all of a sudden generalizations are BAD, right jilly bean?

and yes. You do enable the kind of ethnic marginalization and segregation that you'd never stand to see applied to jews... It's kinda sad that you can't fathom that.

Last edited:

Jews have always made productive lives for themselves. Jews have historically been among the most educated, successful and prosperous people in the world.

Pallies are ignorant, nomadic excrement.

yea! because every pali BLOWS SHIT UP! Kinda like how EVERY JEW is a scheming ponzi master, right?

oh.. all of a sudden generalizations are BAD, right jilly bean?

and yes. You do enable the kind of ethnic marginalization and segregation that you'd never stand to see applied to jews... It's kinda sad that you can't fathom that.

There's no getting around the fact that Muslims, in general, and Pallies, in particular, advocate suicide bombing. It's a sick, demented culture.

Jews have always made productive lives for themselves. Jews have historically been among the most educated, successful and prosperous people in the world.
Bernie Made-Off is a perfect example of a prosperous and successful Jew. :doubt:

BEIRUT – Lebanese protesters accused Egypt's president Sunday of acting like an agent of Israel over his country's construction of an underground steel wall along the Gaza border.

About 200 people took part in the protest near Egypt's embassy. Crowds set fire to U.S. and Israeli flags. Some of the Israeli flags had Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak's picture on them.

The protesters also carried banners depicting Mubarak as an Israeli agent, as well as portraits of the president with a Star of David on his forehead.

Sunday's protesters — most of them activists from leftist groups — carried banners with Mubarak's image and the words: "At your service USA."

Lebanese protest Egypt's Gaza barrier - Yahoo! News

The Palestinians remind me of computer AI opponents in 4X games - they attack for no reason and as soon as they start getting their butts kicked beg for peace. Then as soon as they get peace, they attack again.
At least the computer has the excuse that it is truly mindless.

Forum List

Back