Egypt: A display of Obama's incompetence

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
Obama supports the military overthrow of Mubarek; a guy who he happily rubbed shoulders with. He supplies the Muslim Brotherhood with weapons to do it.

Then, he claims that they are not our ally.

How's that supposed to work?

INCOMPETENCE!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_PSJsl0LQ]Jerry, just remember. It's not a lie... if you believe it... - YouTube[/ame]

Obama supports the military overthrow of Mubarek; a guy who he happily rubbed shoulders with. He supplies the Muslim Brotherhood with weapons to do it.

INCOMPETENCE!

I am just wondering what you think Obama should have done to keep Mubarek in power when 90% of Egyptians wanted him gone?

Would been really hard to maintain that, especially after old Hosni went into the Coma.

“I don’t think that we would consider them an ally. But we don’t consider them an enemy.” – President Barack Obama

“I don’t think that we would consider them an ally. But we don’t consider them an enemy.”[/I] – President Barack Obama

And besides demonstrating your inability to use the punctuation features, what is your problem with this statement?

Even under Mubarek, Egypt wasn't much of an ally. Do you remember the Egyptian Army showing up to help us depose Saddam? Guess what, me neither. Or to even help clean up the aftermath after President Bush asked him nicely a bunch of times.

INCOMPETENCE!

dear liar it was done by the people and the military refused to fire on the people and instead joined them.

INCOMPETENCE!

I am just wondering what you think Obama should have done to keep Mubarek in power when 90% of Egyptians wanted him gone?

Would been really hard to maintain that, especially after old Hosni went into the Coma.

He knew of the Mubarek reality when he rubbed shoulders with him at the White House brah. Don't smile at someone and act like everything's dandy peachy and then stab him in the back. That reflect poorly on our country.

Assuming it was true that Mubarek was a brutal dictator then replacing him is okay. But if you know that you're replacing him with terrorists then how is that better?

And if they aren't terrorists (as I'm sure you'll inevitably argue) then why won't he call them an ally?

I dont see links to any of that

You need a link to believe that Obama supported the Arab Spring? You need a link to remember that Obama broke our policy and decided to bring the Muslim Brotherhood to the table? You need a link to know that they warned people over a year ago to prepare for war with Israel? You need a link to know that things were going better before the Muslim Brotherhood took over? You need a link to understand that they don't like us and will never be our allies? What don't you get?

INCOMPETENCE!

I'm just wondering what makes you think he should have demanded he step down when he didn't demand the same thing of Ahmadinejad when the students took to the streets to protest him stealing the election in Iran.

PolitiFact Rhode Island | U.S. Senate candidate Barry Hinckley says Obama administration gave $1.5 billion to Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood

Our ruling

Republican U.S. Senate candidate Barry Hinckley said the Obama administration approved $1.5 billion to go to Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood.

In fact, the aid package was for the nation of Egypt, not the Brotherhood. The Brotherhood may control the largest bloc of seats in parliament, but it's not even a majority. Not only that, the country itself continues, for now at least, to be controlled by the military. And more than 80 percent of the aid package is military aid.

The statement is incorrect for so many reasons, we rate it False.

INCOMPETENCE!

He knew of the Mubarek reality when he rubbed shoulders with him at the White House brah. Don't smile at someone and act like everything's dandy peachy and then stab him in the back. That reflect poorly on our country.

Assuming it was true that Mubarek was a brutal dictator then replacing him is okay. But if you know that you're replacing him with terrorists then how is that better?

And if they aren't terrorists (as I'm sure you'll inevitably argue) then why won't he call them an ally?

You didn't answer my question. The people are rising up against Mubarek and the military refuses to fire on them and joins them.

What is Obama really supposed to do at that point to save Mubarek's worthless hide?

Ronald Reagan wasn't above throwing a dictator under the bus when he outlived his popular support. Just ask Ferdinand Marcos.

But it's wrong when the Black Guy does it...

“I don’t think that we would consider them an ally. But we don’t consider them an enemy.”[/I] – President Barack Obama

And besides demonstrating your inability to use the punctuation features, what is your problem with this statement?

Even under Mubarek, Egypt wasn't much of an ally. Do you remember the Egyptian Army showing up to help us depose Saddam? Guess what, me neither. Or to even help clean up the aftermath after President Bush asked him nicely a bunch of times.

How about the fact that Obama himself is trying to walk this statement back by saying he wasn't expecting the question?

Forum List

Back