Efforts against AIDS Epidemic

Discussion in 'General Global Topics' started by Avatar4321, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    Story

Does anyone else get frustrated with the fact that this disease is so widespread? I mean seriously its one of the easiest diseases to prevent. All it takes is some self control.

Why on earth are people so darn irresponsible? We could be focusing on cures for cancer, diabetes, arthritis or something else but we have billions of dollars going into funding to cure a disease that people could prevent from getting with just an ounce of effort.

AGHHHHHHHHHHHH

2. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Yeah, it frustrates me about as much as all the obesity research, another easily prevented condition.

3. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    You both are talking about something that most people lack that find themselves suffering from either of those conditions....that is a sense of responsibility. Of course, a little self discipline helps that along...

There are exceptions of course, such as those who contracted HIV via blood transfusions.

4. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    i posted a similar statement elsewhere and i have people telling me i just dont know enough. Like somehow the incubation period of AIDs is a factor that makes it tougher to prevent. Or does the fact that its fatal somehow change the fact that other fatal diseases could be getting funding if people just took responsibility for themselves and were smart in preventing them from getting AIDs? I honestly dont see how the fact that its fatal changes the fact that it's easily preventable.