Effect on the markets of recent geopolitical events

KissMy

Free Breast Exam
Oct 10, 2009
In your head
They got Osama & his Son & 3 other leaders during the firefight. They also killed Qaddafi's Son.

This will drop the terror premium off of the oil price. Oil, Gold & Silver are going to drop like a stone. Gas will drop & Obama's poll numbers will climb.
Although I am not a Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama supporter I have to say great job on this one to our leaders & our greatest military on earth.

This will strengthen the US Dollar so much so that I had to change my Avatar.

:eek: that's a joke eright?

I looked at the markets last night & Gold had dropped $30 on the news & Silver dropped $6 on the news. Oil was down $5, Corn was almost limit down at -25 cents Beans & Wheat were also way down. The dollar rallied. Now things seem to have come way back.

Obama will be drawing down troops before the 2012 election & this will take stress off of the budget deficit & the US Dollar. This event is a bit of a game changer.

Last edited:
They got Osama & his Son & 3 other leaders during the firefight. They also killed Qaddafi's Son.

This will drop the terror premium off of the oil price. Oil, Gold & Silver are going to drop like a stone. Gas will drop & Obama's poll numbers will climb.
Although I am not a Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama supporter I have to say great job on this one to our leaders & our greatest military on earth.

I looked at the markets last night & Gold had dropped $30 on the news & Silver dropped $6 on the news. Oil was down $5, Corn was almost limit down at -25 cents Beans & Wheat were also way down. The dollar rallied. Now things seem to have come way back.

Obama will be drawing down troops before the 2012 election & this will take stress off of the budget deficit & the US Dollar. This event is a bit of a game changer.

The markets were open on Sunday night?

Yes they were. It is a 24hr world. Go to Kitco & look at the charts.

Last edited:

I just looked at the market oil is up to 114.00 silver sitting at 47.00 an oz Gold is at 1528.00 an oz Gas at 3.94 a gallon

ch.gaschart

What's the purpose of the closing bell then?

Gold, USD, Price gold, Silver, US Dollar, Oil, Platinum - Kitco KGX

5680546069_aca37d51ec_z.jpg

5681109304_7d280ea6f7_z.jpg

...I have to say great job on this one to our leaders & our greatest military on earth. This will strengthen the US Dollar so much so that I had to change my Avatar.

We're talking about the dollar and foreign exchange rates?

As far as I can see, minute to minute changes are white noise and trends over decades have the dollar declining gradually while we and free people elsewhere get richer and Marxists starve. Fwiw, trade weighted indexes of major currencies see the dollar more valuable in March '11 than what it was three years ago.

Oh?

I see silver is starting to get back in line with reality.

Wondered how long that would take.

Remember...in the words of the XXth centuries premire economist, John Kaynard Keynes

Markets can remain irrationally longer than you can remain solvent.

Last edited:
The dollar hasn't really rallied. The DXY is up slightly.

However, precious metals have taken it on the chin. Oil has been hit. The oil stocks hit even harder. I've sold out of all my oil stocks. Copper has risen but that just may be an oversold bounce.

Typically commodities will cover the gap before continuing in the intended direction. There was a huge trading gap created after Osama was killed. The commodities had a short term (gap reversal) recovery to cover that gap but have now resumed their downward direction.

Pressure will mount to withdraw troops now that Osama is gone. This will improve the US budget outlook, credit rating & dollar strength above it's dire forecast. It also takes the terror premium off of oil which will improve the economic outlook above its forecasted slowing.

This is going to hurt commodities until people get a good read of what the future will bring. Most believed all of the wars & terrorism would continue until well after the next election.

Forum List

Back