Eerie silence after the Democratic Convention

Yes, he did receive a bounce of 4-5 points. But the Convention itself, just seems so yesteryear. Nobody is talking about it.

Nobody is talking about it because there wasn't a darn thing done or said that was worth talking about. Just hussein standing up there whining about McCain this and McCain that, and a lot of warmned over clinton gas. It was pathetic and small. Who wants to hear that crap? Who wants to talk about it?

Wait until after the republican convention, there'll be a real buzz then... :D

god I hope they don't talk about him in bed! ;)

I think most people have respect for John McCain. He is well liked, and for good reason.

My suspicion is that clinton can have any post she wants in Obama's cabinet. I expect he'll name her to something that they have worked out together. I don't think they hate him, I could be wrong, but I certainly am one of those people who agree that Obama's win was a true response of the grass roots rather than a political machine. He was a great organizer, but he was a long shot that came through, and I think that it makes him the first popularly nominated candidate in a long, long time. It reminds me of Perot - which was also exciting.

I know HIllary had her staunch supporters, and as many or more than Obama, es[pecially for a long time. But she was also established, so a lot of that support was established networking abnd name recognition. Obama moved mountains.

I really want him to give her a great position if she wants it (senate majority leader? Tough to pull off but it would be interesting) and if it is within his rights. And if he wins, which is going to be interesting to watch.

I'm an optimist and I don't think Bill and Hillary hate Obama but I could be wrong. And if they wanted to signal defection to McCain, to their supporters, they didn't come across that way. Her speech was incredible. I made my girls watch it. It was so great.

Hillary could be appointed to a cabinet position. Providing of course if Obama wins. Which I honestly do not think that he will.

Regarding the Clinton's feelings about Obama, following the end of the primaries, there were strong feelings about Obama, emanating especially from Bill Clinton. Those feelings, resulted from the loss of the North Carolina primaries for Hillary Clinton, after the Obama camp called Bill Clinton a "racist". After Hillary Clinton lost big in North Carolina, the late Tim Russert, declared the race as "essentially over".

Bill Clinton made a statement, "that the Obama camp, used the race card on him". So there were a lot of anger and bitterness from the Clintons, that ensued, just after the Democratic primaries.

So it is safe to say that for a while, there were really strong anti-Obama sentiments coming from the Clintons. Did it escalated to the level of "hate"? I would say pretty close.

Hillary could be appointed to a cabinet position. Providing of course if Obama wins. Which I honestly do not think that he will.

Regarding the Clinton's feelings about Obama, following the end of the primaries, there were strong feelings about Obama, emanating especially from Bill Clinton. Those feelings, resulted from the loss of the North Carolina primaries for Hillary Clinton, after the Obama camp called Bill Clinton a "racist". After Hillary Clinton lost big in North Carolina, the late Tim Russert, declared the race as "essentially over".

Bill Clinton made a statement, "that the Obama camp, used the race card on him". So there were a lot of anger and bitterness from the Clintons, that ensued, just after the Democratic primaries.

So it is safe to say that for a while, there were really strong anti-Obama sentiments coming from the Clintons. Did it escalated to the level of "hate"? I would say pretty close.

I'd say that basically everything out of Bill and Hillary's mouths at the dem convention about stumping for hussein was a flat out lie. They do NOT like him. They were towing the party line and that's it.

Nobody is talking about it because there wasn't a darn thing done or said that was worth talking about. Just hussein standing up there whining about McCain this and McCain that, and a lot of warmned over clinton gas. It was pathetic and small. Who wants to hear that crap? Who wants to talk about it?

Wait until after the republican convention, there'll be a real buzz then... :D

The post Democratic convention buzz, which lasted for about 6 hours, Obama supporters kept talking about "the speech" and how great it was to see Obama received the Democratic mantel of greatness.

Then I awoke to John McCain VP buzz. That was three days ago. And they are still buzzing about it.

What happened to "the speech"?

The post Democratic convention buzz, which lasted for about 6 hours, Obama supporters kept talking about "the speech" and how great it was to see Obama received the Democratic mantel of greatness.

Then I awoke to John McCain VP buzz. That was three days ago. And they are still buzzing about it.

What happened to "the speech"?

Cristal... there was too much whining and not enough substance. It was a total flop. Hussein said NOTHING worth repeating.

I haven't even heard it yet, and I'm not fan of McCain, but I'll wager his speech creates a lot of buzz, and people will talk about it for days. Then we have Sarah Palin. I'm betting she gives a barn burner of a speech, and the repubs get a HUGE bump that hussein will NEVER be able to close.

Last edited:
Cristal... there was too much whining and not enough substance. It was a total flop. Hussein said NOTHING worth repeating.

I haven't even heard it yet, and I'm not fan of McCain, but I'll wager his speech creates a lot of buzz, and people will talk about it for days. Then we have Sarah Palin. I'm betting she gives a barn burner of a speech, and the repubs get a HUGE bump that hussein will NEVER be able to close.

I totally agree. I strongly believe that after the Republican Convention, John McCain will take the lead in the polls and hold on to it through election day.

Obama has used up everything he has. His 2004 Convention speech, has even supercedes his 2008 Convention speech.

He has no more rabbits to pull out of his hat.

I totally agree. I strongly believe that after the Republican Convention, John McCain will take the lead in the polls and hold on to it through election day.

Obama has used up everything he has. His 2004 Convention speech, has even supercedes his 2008 Convention speech.

He has no more rabbits to pull out of his hat.

I totally agree. He's peaked and there ain't no more. Thing about hussein is, the more people get to know him, the more support he loses. The messiah mystic is gone, and people that research and listen are learning. They've been all infatuated with a nobody, an empty shirt, a gas bag. He talks about change but, he's just your typical garden variety liberal, and he won't change anything. The approval rating for washington with the dems in charge is SINGLE DIGITS, the lowest in this countries history. Why send another one there when no one likes the ones that already there? Doesn't make any sense... to a "logical thinking person" that is.

Last edited:
I totally agree. He's peaked and there ain't no more. Thing about hussein is, the more people get to know him, the more support he loses. The messiah mystic is gone, and people that research and listen are learning. They've been all infatuated with a nobody, an empty shirt, a gas bag. He talks about change but, he's just your typical garden variety liberal, and he won't change anything. The approval rating for washington with the dems in charge is SINGLE DIGITS, the lowest in this countries history. Why send another one there when no one likes the ones that already there? Doesn't make any sense... to a "logical thinking person" that is.

Obama is akin to the Aesop fable of "The Emperor is not wearing any clothes".

I alway knew, that you can only conceal phoniness for a period of time. In the end, the truth will eventually come out.

And this is what is finally happening to Obama.

Some of his supporters though, are still in a cult-like trance. Maybe the polls will serve as proof, that it was all a fairytale.

cristal noted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hillary could be appointed to a cabinet position. Providing of course if Obama wins.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I doubt it...

OBAMA CABINET

Obama is akin to the Aesop fable of "The Emperor is not wearing any clothes".

I alway knew, that you can only conceal phoniness for a period of time. In the end, the truth will eventually come out.

And this is what is finally happening to Obama.

Some of his supporters though, are still in a cult-like trance. Maybe the polls will serve as proof, that it was all a fairytale.

"Cult like trance" is right, and I think a lot of it stems from the liberals "Bush hatred syndrome." The hussein supporters couldn't care less if he's an empty shirt, a racist, has crooks, terrorist bombers and frothing at the mouth racist preachers for friends. They're blind to it all. Hell he could be convicted murderer and they wouldn't care. It's an amazing thing to witness.

Well... thank God hussein will never sit in the Oval Office as President. It just isn't going to happen... ever.

Forum List

Back