Eerie silence after the Democratic Convention

I doubt Huckabee ever said anything that could be used against anyone, and everyone loves him, even me, even if he wants to rewrite the constitution. He's so affable.

Anyway, Liebermann would be good for centrists and hawks, and one might argue the right will turn out anyway.

Huckabee's a snake. Everyone most certainly does not love him. I am glad the man is no where near the White House because a wolf in sheeps clothing.

It has only been two days after the Democratic Convention and if you listen to the news, it is almost like it never happened.

The news media has totally switched their attention from Obama to McCain and his VP pick.

Do you think that the Obama camp feels cheated by the McCain camp, because they did not get a chance to bask in the after-glow of "the speech"?

this always happens. we heard nothing of McCain during the DNC, because the media was covering it and showing the democratic side of things. so now that it's the RNC the media will show the republican side of things

Rasmussen has just released a new daily tracking poll today. It shows that Obama is leading with 47%, exactly the same number he had on the eve of the Democratic Convention.

McCain on the other hand is showing 44% on the eve of the Republican Convention.

What is interesting, is Obama's small bounce was cut almost in half, after Palin joined the ticket.

Seemed as if all of that lovefest and glitter at the convention, has not helped Obama much and it is only just three days, post-convention.

Rasmussen has just released a new daily tracking poll today. It shows that Obama is leading with 47%, exactly the same number he had on the eve of the Democratic Convention.

McCain on the other hand is showing 44% on the eve of the Republican Convention.

What is interesting, is Obama's small bounce was cut almost in half, after Palin joined the ticket.

Seemed as if all of that lovefest and glitter at the convention, has not helped Obama much and it is only just three days, post-convention.

Agreed---I think they have a lot of strategy they had to toss in the trashcan and start over.

Yep. It seems like Pennsylvania and Virginia could swing redder with Palin.

Yep. It seems like Pennsylvania and Virginia could swing redder with Palin.

She is a half term governor who is under an ethics investigation. She will be indicted on Oct. 31st.

McCain screwed up big time.

She is a half term governor who is under an ethics investigation. She will be indicted on Oct. 31st.

McCain screwed up big time.

Look, Kirk, I know you really, really want Obama to win.

He really scares the shit out of some people, as much as McCain scares the shit out of some people.

Either Obama or McCain will be in the white house. The connservative base is very happy with McCain's pick. They won't give a rat's ass if Palin is indicted. They don't give a rat's ass about the corruption from the bush administration over the past eight years. They *do* give a rat's ass about the Clinton scandals.

It's all partisan. Palin's indictment won't disaffect voters who decide that she's the values they want in government.

Do you think that the Obama camp feels cheated by the McCain camp, because they did not get a chance to bask in the after-glow of "the speech"?

The dems accomplished what they needed to do.

All this news about how this was a desperate move by the mccain camp to pander to women, or that she's a horrible pick, and corrupt, is great for obama.

Obama only does bad when the news is about him.

But yes, the speech was great. it hit home how anyone making under $250k should vote for obama. they'll get more back under obama.

and I love how republicans don't ask how bush paid for his tax breaks to the rich but they wonder how obama is going to do it. why don't you elect him and find out.

we know how the gop does it. They borrow from the chinese and saudi's and sell our ports to dubai.

wake up america. its getting regoddamndiculous.

Geraldine Ferraro a former VP Democratic candidate, has just announced that the is supporting Palin and is contemplating endorsing John McCain.

If anyone think that John McCain having Palin on the ticket has not helped his candidacy, should think again.

Here is the interview I found, which says no such thing.

Ferraro Leaves Door Open to Vote for McCain/Palin | NewsBusters.org

It says that she called to congratulate Palin, and wish McCain a happy birthday, and that she would decide her vote in the booth. She also said that she is a democrat and that the issues facing this country are serious.

Cristal do you have a reference that shows she may "endorse McCain?" I read the whole interview and saw no such indication.

Here is the interview I found, which says no such thing.

It says that she called to congratulate Palin, and wish McCain a happy birthday, and that she would decide her vote in the booth. She also said that she is a democrat and that the issues facing this country are serious.

Cristal do you have a reference that shows she may "endorse McCain?" I read the whole interview and saw no such indication.

I was phoned with that information, this afternoon and quoted directly from the source who phoned me.

It is rather strange though, that Geraldine Ferraro will make her decision in the phone booth and not publicly.

As a former Democratic VP candidate, you would expect her to be vocal of her choice, if she was a staunch supporter of Obama. But Mrs. Ferraro's reputation has been badly tarnished by the Obama camp, who called her a "racist" and I can understand her reluctance to support that ticket.

The fact that she not endorsed Obama, still means that there is a strong possibility, that she might support John McCain.

Last edited:
My mistake, sorry.

Yeah, she has been a firecracker and it will be interesting to see which way she goes. She indicated in the interview that she had to come up to speed real quick on foreign policy and that she thinks Palin can do so too.

But Mrs. Ferraro's reputation has been badly tarnished by the Obama camp, who called her a "racist" and I can understand her reluctance to support that ticket.

Similar to how the Obama camp made similar comments about President Clinton.

I really don't see either of the Clintons voting for him. They've been friends with McCain for a lot longer than they've even known Obama.

They put on the public ficade of pretending to be on his team, but it's all so she can run again in 2012.

Similar to how the Obama camp made similar comments about President Clinton.

I really don't see either of the Clintons voting for him. They've been friends with McCain for a lot longer than they've even known Obama.

They put on the public ficade of pretending to be on his team, but it's all so she can run again in 2012.

You know, I almost feel sorry for the Clintons who were practically beaten into submission by the DNC, for going out there and having to say "flowery" things about Obama. I know that they did not mean any those things. I wonder what they "really" say about Obama when they are in bed.

They gotta hate Obama, more than the rest of us. Thank God for the 1st ammendment, which enable us to speak freely about him.

And yes, the Clintons do have a certain amount for respect for John McCain, even though they have opposing political views.

Last edited:
My mistake, sorry.

Yeah, she has been a firecracker and it will be interesting to see which way she goes. She indicated in the interview that she had to come up to speed real quick on foreign policy and that she thinks Palin can do so too.

No problem.

I wonder what they "really" say about Obama when they are in bed.

god I hope they don't talk about him in bed! ;)

They gotta hate Obama, more than the rest of us. Thank God for the 1st ammendment, which enable us to speak freely about him.

And yes, the Clintons do have a certain amount for respect for John McCain, even though they have opposing political views.

I think most people have respect for John McCain. He is well liked, and for good reason.

My suspicion is that clinton can have any post she wants in Obama's cabinet. I expect he'll name her to something that they have worked out together. I don't think they hate him, I could be wrong, but I certainly am one of those people who agree that Obama's win was a true response of the grass roots rather than a political machine. He was a great organizer, but he was a long shot that came through, and I think that it makes him the first popularly nominated candidate in a long, long time. It reminds me of Perot - which was also exciting.

I know HIllary had her staunch supporters, and as many or more than Obama, es[pecially for a long time. But she was also established, so a lot of that support was established networking abnd name recognition. Obama moved mountains.

I really want him to give her a great position if she wants it (senate majority leader? Tough to pull off but it would be interesting) and if it is within his rights. And if he wins, which is going to be interesting to watch.

I'm an optimist and I don't think Bill and Hillary hate Obama but I could be wrong. And if they wanted to signal defection to McCain, to their supporters, they didn't come across that way. Her speech was incredible. I made my girls watch it. It was so great.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back