Edwards vs. Palin

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
Edwards was a trial lawyer with less than six years in the Senate when he became the VP nominee.

Why was Palin's experience questioned but Edward's experience never was?

Just saying...

I think "qualified" and "experience" are two different things. Being a lawyer and in the senate is a typical path in Washington.

Palin had been a sports anchor like four years earlier, and a bit of an unusual past (grades, switching lots of colleges, etc).

PLus the state of the country is a bit different in 2008 than in 2000.

But anyway, as she has campaigned the 'experience argument" has sort of been morphed into a 'readiness' argument based on interviews winking and etc.

Edwards was a trial lawyer with less than six years in the Senate when he became the VP nominee.

Just saying...

Six years in the U.S. Senate is pretty significant.

Just ask all the cons in cyberspace who just recently supported one-term senator from Tennesse and mediocre B-film actor, Fred Thompson, for the top of the ticket.

Just saying...

you've got to be joking right?

Palin's experience is of running a state that has fewer people than the county I live in! She has no national experience and obviously little to no knowledge of current events and world affairs.

Edwards had also run for President and came pretty damn close to the nomination if memory serves in 2004...hardly the same thing as being pluked from BFE Alaska and dropped into the middle of what was already a heated Presidential race.

Edwards was an idiot. Why he decided not to stay in the Senate is beyond me. "There are TWO Americas" was complete crap. There is ONE America. I'm glad his political career is OVER.

Edwards was an idiot. Why he decided not to stay in the Senate is beyond me. "There are TWO Americas" was complete crap. There is ONE America. I'm glad his political career is OVER.

not debating he's an idiot but he was infinitly more qualified to be VP than Palin.

Palin has been in politics for over a decade. She was a sports caster a long, LONG time ago.

You cons never count Obama's experience as an Illinois State Senator. So Palin's experience as a city councilwoman and mayor of a small alaskan village doesn't count either.

By your standard, the only relevant experience Sarah has, is 20 months as governor of 600,000 people. I've lived in cities larger than that.

You cons never count Obama's experience as an Illinois State Senator. So Palin's experience as a city councilwoman and mayor of a small alaskan village doesn't count either.

By your standard, the only relevant experience Sarah has, is 20 months as governor of 600,000 people. I've lived in cities larger than that.

have you governed them?

From Wikipedia:

Member of the
Wasilla City Council
In office
1992 – 1996

Mayor of Wasilla, Alaska
In office
1996 – 2002

Chairperson, Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission
In office
2003 – 2004

11th Governor of Alaska
Incumbent
Assumed office
December 4, 2006
Well, I think it's fair to say sexism may have had just a little to do with it.

You may not agree with Palin or may feel she is not qualified but it seems to me Edwards got a pass because he was a man and from "inside the beltway".

Just sayng...

Funny you should say such, because I always count Obama's experience as an Illinois State Senator. But I also know that being in the Illinois State Senate involves being part of a disgusting Chicago political machine.

20 months as governor is still more executive experience than one year as a U.S. Senator and two years of running for President.

Just saying...

because only the radical righties use the word "experience". everyone else uses the term "knowledge"... and palin's is limited. she's playing out of her league.

so maybe it's that more slack is given to really smart people.

you betcha.

Something that has confounded me this election is how so many Liberal women have been so zealous about running down Palin, a woman who has succeeded in a man's world, while still having a good family life, with a supportive husband.

Disagree with her policies but why not been celebrate her as a strong successful woman.

Bewildering.

Forum List

Back