Edwards On the War

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.command-post.org/2004/2_archives/009786.html

Each of the headings is sourced at his site. Really good analysis of where he was and his backing of the war:

[quoteJanuary 23, 2004
John Edwards in 2002: "Saddam Hussein . . . has weapons of mass destruction and . . . is doing everything in his power to get nuclear weapons"

1. September 12, 2002: Edwards gives a speech on why the “IRAQI DICTATOR MUST GO,” coinciding with Bush’s speech to the UN:

2. October 10, 2002: Edwards speaks as not only a supporter but a co-sponsor of the legislation authorizing the use of force in Iraq:[/quote]

What will the liberals say about Edwards then? It doesn't matter, He's a democrat.

Originally posted by Hannitized
What will the liberals say about Edwards then? It doesn't matter, He's a democrat.

:stupid:

That's them!!!

Originally posted by dilloduck
I'm ready for the Edwards-Cheney debate !----bring it on!

Well CW says Cheney will wipe him out, I wouldn't be so sure. The guy has made a fortune in the court room. Still and all, his breath of knowledge isn't very deep on 'big issues', just not enough experience there.

It amazes me how they keep saying that because Edwards was a PIP lawyer, he is "for the little guy". Actually, as a PIP attorney, he was "out for himself". PIP attorneys do nothing but put an indirect tax on "the little guy" by making products more expensive due to frivelous lawsuits. Think about it:

Edwards sues on behalf of a client for $100,000,000 and wins.

Client gets - maybe - $35 million after taxes and legal fees

(the only portion of a lawsuit not taxable is compensation for physical injuries. Everything else - nonphysical injuries, punitive damages, etc. are taxable. Also, legal fees are not deductable so the 30% is paid on the award amount, not the after tax amount).

The attorney then gets $30 million.

(of which he will right off at least half as expenses so he will end up with about $9,750,000 after taxes and expenses).

The government ends up with about $40,250,000 in tax revenues.

(and I am only accounting for federal taxes)

Everybody forgets that the kinds of suits Edwards pursued generally put a burden on the backs of the little people by raising insurance and medical costs (thereby making healthcare an issue in this race).

I just think it's cool that we now have 2 Johns , a Dick, and a Bush running for the White House. The FCC will be busy:boobies: :boobies: :boobies:

I'm thrilled with the choice of Edwards. At least you all can stop with your speculation of Hillary Clinton as VP choice.

acludem

Originally posted by acludem
I'm thrilled with the choice of Edwards. At least you all can stop with your speculation of Hillary Clinton as VP choice.

acludem

Does this mean a Hillary/Edwards ticket in 2008?

Probably---since the Clintons picked Ewards for Kerry-----notice how hard the Dems tried to convince everyone that the choice would be Kerrys' ALONE !!! Hillary was just to chicken to give it a shot this time.

Originally posted by dilloduck
Probably---since the Clintons picked Ewards for Kerry-----notice how hard the Dems tried to convince everyone that the choice would be Kerrys' ALONE !!! Hillary was just to chicken to give it a shot this time.

Yeah, this "behind the scenes" stuff is so obvious.

I was very happy to hear that Edwards will be Kerry's VP. Come October, Cheney will have a hell of a time trying to debate someone that is popular, energetic, and a great speaker; all traits Cheney lacks.

Forum List

Back