Edwards Makes A Killing Talking About Poverty

typical that you change the subject when you get your ass handed to you.

don't you get embarrassed after a while?

typical that you change the subject when you get your ass handed to you.

don't you get embarrassed after a while?

Pointing out how Pretty Boy says one thing and does another

The examples are many - but your answer is the same

Your typical nonanswer

Pointing out how Pretty Boy says one thing and does another

The examples are many - but your answer is the same

Your typical nonanswer

this thread is about how you see Edwards as a hypocrite for talking about poverty in America and gettng paid to do so.

Your latest cut and paste has nothing to do with that subject. another example of your shotgun approach to cut and paste spewage.

this thread is about how you see Edwards as a hypocrite for talking about poverty in America and gettng paid to do so.

Your latest cut and paste has nothing to do with that subject. another example of your shotgun approach to cut and paste spewage.

I am showing poverty is NOT the only thing he is a hypocrite on

Your nonresponse is another example of giving any and all libs a pass - as long as you agree with them

I am showing poverty is NOT the only thing he is a hypocrite on

Your nonresponse is another example of giving any and all libs a pass - as long as you agree with them

then make a new thread about it...this one is about him making a killing talking about poverty. You have yet to show me anything other than the basest form or class envy that would suggest that speaking and advocating for poverty is hypocritical if the speaker himself is not empoverished.

then make a new thread about it...this one is about him making a killing talking about poverty. You have yet to show me anything other than the basest form or class envy that would suggest that speaking and advocating for poverty is hypocritical if the speaker himself is not empoverished.

Hell you still deny Dems did not raise taxes, or how Dems did NOT smear the troops

again..what does that have to do with Edwards talking about poverty?:rofl:

Now matter how libs say one thing and do another, MM will still be by their side kissing their ass

No comment on Pretty Boys Memorial Day tribute to the troops?

I thought not

Now matter how libs say one thing and do another, MM will still be by their side kissing their ass

No comment on Pretty Boys Memorial Day tribute to the troops?

I thought not

this thread is not about his memorial day tribute...it is about the supposed hypocrisy of speaking out against the problems in society that systematically cause and exacerbate poverty when the speaker is, himself, not poor. Try to stay on topic, please.

this thread is not about his memorial day tribute...it is about the supposed hypocrisy of speaking out against the problems in society that systematically cause and exacerbate poverty when the speaker is, himself, not poor. Try to stay on topic, please.

MM way of ducking and dodging more of Pretty Boys actions

MM way of ducking and dodging more of Pretty Boys actions

nope...just trying to stay on topic. I thought we were here to talk about edwards and his poverty speeches..... if we're not gonna talk about that, I will go to some other thread... there are lots to chose from and I might find one or two where the subject of the thread is actually being discussed.

nope...just trying to stay on topic. I thought we were here to talk about edwards and his poverty speeches..... if we're not gonna talk about that, I will go to some other thread... there are lots to chose from and I might find one or two where the subject of the thread is actually being discussed.

Pretty Boy has a knack of stpping in it, like most in your party

He whines about the poor but makes millions doing nothing about it

He says he supports the troops yet stages a political protest on memorial Day

I see you have not voiced your opinion on the protest thread - or do you agree with him on that as well?

This month, Mr. Edwards revealed that he had holdings worth more than $11 million in Fortress Investment Group, a $30 billion hedge-fund operator that paid Mr. Edwards $479,000 as a part-time consultant from October 2005 through December 2006. Fortress incorporated its hedge funds in the Cayman Islands as offshore tax havens, a policy that Mr. Edwards has condemned for years. Fortress has also invested billions and billions of dollars purchasing subprime mortgage portfolios, subprime mortgage lenders and subprime mortgage-servicing firms.
Meanwhile, in a story titled "John Edwards' Convenient Nonprofit," Business Week reports that Mr. Edwards conveniently hired staffers who previously worked as his political operatives and would return to his current presidential campaign in that capacity. As Mr. Edwards was raking in nearly half a million dollars as a consultant for the offshore hedge funds deeply invested in subprime mortgages, his anti-poverty center was also doling out hundreds of thousands of dollars to consultants. In 2005 alone, the center spent $259,000 on consultants whom Mr. Edwards now refuses to name. Hypocrisy knows no boundaries.
http://washingtontimes.com/op-ed/20070529-085335-3735r.htm

This month, Mr. Edwards revealed that he had holdings worth more than $11 million in Fortress Investment Group, a $30 billion hedge-fund operator that paid Mr. Edwards $479,000 as a part-time consultant from October 2005 through December 2006. Fortress incorporated its hedge funds in the Cayman Islands as offshore tax havens, a policy that Mr. Edwards has condemned for years. Fortress has also invested billions and billions of dollars purchasing subprime mortgage portfolios, subprime mortgage lenders and subprime mortgage-servicing firms.
Meanwhile, in a story titled "John Edwards' Convenient Nonprofit," Business Week reports that Mr. Edwards conveniently hired staffers who previously worked as his political operatives and would return to his current presidential campaign in that capacity. As Mr. Edwards was raking in nearly half a million dollars as a consultant for the offshore hedge funds deeply invested in subprime mortgages, his anti-poverty center was also doling out hundreds of thousands of dollars to consultants. In 2005 alone, the center spent $259,000 on consultants whom Mr. Edwards now refuses to name. Hypocrisy knows no boundaries.
http://washingtontimes.com/op-ed/20070529-085335-3735r.htm

MM will ignore this by saying it is another "cut and paste" post

what does it have to do with the subject of the thread?

Are you suggesting that no wealthy person has any right to be concerned about poverty in America?

Are you suggesting that no wealthy person has any right to be concerned about poverty in America? Are you suggesting that every wealthy person who wants to do something about poverty and economic inequity is, by definition, a hypocrite?

Are you suggesting that no wealthy person has any right to be concerned about poverty in America? Are you suggesting that every wealthy person who wants to do something about poverty and economic inequity is, by definition, a hypocrite?

I did not think for a moment YOU would see the typical liberal hypocrisy

just answer the questions: Are you suggesting that no wealthy person has any right to be concerned about poverty in America? Are you suggesting that every wealthy person who wants to do something about poverty and economic inequity is, by definition, a hypocrite?

Forum List

Back