Edwards endorses Obama, praises Clinton

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Former Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards endorsed Sen. Barack Obama on Wednesday at a campaign event in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

"The reason I'm here tonight is because the Democratic voters have made their choice, and so have I," he told the boisterous crowd.

"There is one man who knows that knows and understands that this is a time for bold leadership. There is one man that knows how to create the change, the lasting change, that you have to build from the ground up," Edwards said. "There is one man who knows in his heart there is time to create one America, not two ... and that man is Barack Obama."

Edwards also praised Sen. Hillary Clinton's candidacy.

"What she has shown ... is strength and character, and what drives her is something that every single one of us can and should appreciate," Edwards said. "She is a woman who, in my judgment, is made of steel, and she's a leader in this country not because of her husband but because of what she has done."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/14/edwards.obama/index.html

One more nail in Clinton's coffin.

That will certainly distract media attention from Clinton's victory in West Virginia. I once had a cocker spaniel with a better attention span.

Forum List

Back