EdwardBaiamonte & Dante on Scarborough & Krugman

Charllie asks Joe Scarborough "You would start dealing with the debt -- immediately? you would go in and fix entitlement reform, yes? what would you do?" "What would you do to immediately deal with the debt?"

Joe the politician, the talking head, pundit:
"You want to get the parties talking -- you want to get the White House, you want to get Congress talking... and talk about what's going to have to be done to address medicare, to address medicaid, to address social security, which is less of a problem, and my belief is, my concern about the crisis like Bob Rubin said ya know when the Bond crisis is going to hit -- my concern is we ignore all of these problems, we push them off for 10 years we increase the likely hood of those crisis..."

wtf? Joe lacks substance. What would he do -- specifics? Get people talking? wtf? He's a lightweight imbecile with a microphone

42:30 Krugman talks about spending helping an economy 'spending is spending' he says. He says even wasteful Defense cuts would hurt the economy at this time.

42:49 Joe "I don't think spending is spending. Not all dollars, not all investments are created equal. Some spending is (cross talk)

Krugman "then you just don't understand what it means to be a depressed economy?" (cross talk) Joe: "you throw money at the problem?"

Krugman: "How did we end the Great Depression?" "We ended the great depression by not only wasteful spending , but destructive spending." "We ended the great depression with a war." "That was certainly not something you would want to do in and of itself but, the fact of the matter was what we got was a big burst of spending, actually mostly before Pearl Harbor. That's what brought us out of the great depression."

laughing Joe interrupts with "and we were able to sustain that because half of the factories across Europe were blown up." Krugman "That's just not true"

Krugman and Charlie discuss substance as Joe lays in wait..he springs after Krugman says "Look at the United States after WWII, coming in with 100% plus debt, fast growth," Joe "fact of the matter is the US was a giant left standing" Krugman "It doesn't matter" Joe "It does matter" Krugman "The rest of the world couldn't compete with us, but the rest of the world wasn't a market for us either" Joe "Of course they couldn't compete" Krugman "They couldn't buy our stuff either there was no one out there to deal with"

Then Joe does what he stated everyone that knows him knows he doesn't do, he did a personal attack on Krugman. "So everybody that doesn't agree with you is absolutely wrong...not up to the standards because they disagree with me"

Krugman continues with substance "Britain came out of WWII with a high level of debt and grew out of it steadily. They had no problems with debt, they had..."

Forum List

Back