Education Post: $88,000/ yr.

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I don't know whether this belongs in 'Education" or "Politics" or "Healthcare' or "Religion and Ethics" or perhaps "Health and Lifestyle..."

...Or maybe, "Humor."

But I do know that it is appropriate to quote Lord Byron here....

"And if I laugh at any mortal thing, 'Tis that I may not weep”

Here it is...at a time when jobs, recession are front page news, where is the so-called Education Department spending taxpayer money?
Books? Teachers? Research? Nope....
Condoms.
Condoms for children.

"Wanted: condom czar.

The city Health Department is looking to hire a condom coordinator to keep the city’s public high schools stocked with free birth control.

The former condom czar, Amrita Harbajan -- the first person to hold the position since its 2005 creation -- no longer works for the agency, which runs the program with the Department of Education.

The city is offering up to $88,000 a year."

Read more: City looking for new condom czar to oversee program that puts free birth control in public high schools - NYPOST.com

ballon.jpg

88K for stocking condoms.... and they wonder why education is broke.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQjoT6XZgVU&feature=related]condom bomb - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSuXTBkjxpY&feature=related]Condom Head - YouTube[/ame]

I get the fact that HS age kids should have access to birth control. And i mean condoms... not the pill.

But paying some idiot 88k to be a condom tzar is crazy beyond words.

I get the fact that HS age kids should have access to birth control. And i mean condoms... not the pill.

I wonder what they pay the guy who claps erasers....

And.... why would they need to keep the schools "stocked" ?

NYC has had programs where they give out condoms in the subway. It was funny as hell one year, they had a huge condom give a way on Valentines day. I still have a bag full of them here somewhere......

When I was considering moving to Manhattan, everyone told me not to stick my son into the public schools.

I guess this is one of the many reasons why.

I don't know when that was...but NYC used to have one of the finest systems in the nation.
Now, the condom capital....

I wonder what they pay the guy who claps erasers....

Where is this job. Ill go apply. I can hand out condoms for 88k for what 8 months of work a year.

Do you know the old joke about the ad "wanted, male to help beautiful models put on and adjust bras...$88,000.
So, a guy applies, and is told to report to Kansas City...."Is that were the job is?" he asks, and is told, "No, that's were the line is backed up to...."

So, get in line, missy.

NYC has had programs where they give out condoms in the subway. It was funny as hell one year, they had a huge condom give a way on Valentines day. I still have a bag full of them here somewhere......

Sorry you still have so many left....

I don't know whether this belongs in 'Education" or "Politics" or "Healthcare' or "Religion and Ethics" or perhaps "Health and Lifestyle..."

...Or maybe, "Humor."

Here it is...at a time when jobs, recession are front page news, where is the so-called Education Department spending taxpayer money?
Condoms.
Condoms for children.

The city Health Department is looking to hire a condom coordinator to keep the city’s public high schools stocked with free birth control.

The former condom czar, Amrita Harbajan -- the first person to hold the position since its 2005 creation -- no longer works for the agency, which runs the program with the Department of Education.

Read more: City looking for new condom czar to oversee program that puts free birth control in public high schools - NYPOST.com

but but...teachers aren't paid enough.....:(

;) IF I were to agree, this would be one reason why.

...Or maybe, "Humor."

Condoms.
Condoms for children.

Lets not forget.... that 88k does not include the benefits package....or that it is only for about 8 month work.

...Or maybe, "Humor."

Condoms.
Condoms for children.

Lets not forget.... that 88k does not include the benefits package....or that it is only for about 8 month work.

well said, ;)

annnd exit question- what is the average size of the admin workforce amongst OEDC nations compared to ours? Why has their been a 3-1 hire of admin. folks over the last 15 years in education? :eusa_whistle:

...Or maybe, "Humor."

Condoms.
Condoms for children.

To get the total, add about 27% to the gross salary....

Actual time is 180 or 183 days....

Since you still have some, that means you don't have enough experience putting them to use.
I'm more qualified for the Condom Czar job than you.

Since you still have some, that means you don't have enough experience putting them to use.
I'm more qualified for the Condom Czar job than you.

Really condom czar... they do have an expatiation date ya know :lol:

Forum List

Back