Education Discovery of the Day

The next president should order a complete revision of the educational system and return to the days of reading, writing and rithmatic. And above all LEARN TO SPEAK AND UNDERSTAND THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE. And stop revising history.

By the way...get rid of no child left behind. Leave their sorry asses wherever they must.

One class that I recently substituted in covered the persecution of U.S. minorities (Japs) during WWII and also the persecution of minorities who served in the armed forces during that time. I was comfy with it.

One class that I recently substituted in covered the persecution of U.S. minorities (Japs) during WWII and also the persecution of minorities who served in the armed forces during that time. I was comfy with it.

There is no doubt that the treatment of Japanese in the USA during WWII was atrocious and wrong. The same treatment in lesser means was directed to German and Italian Americans.

Teaching it is certainly something that must be done.

However, I think what the OP is all about is no more than progressive propaganda at how terrible the USA is and how we should all live without national boundaries.

The word is "Japanese."

Because our history does indeed include bad things America has done.

That is not enough for those that hate the country though - they are specifically looking for a version of history that makes America evil. It is despicable.

They state that America is guilty of genocide and that should be taught in history class. That is twisted.

That is not enough for those that hate the country though - they are specifically looking for a version of history that makes America evil. It is despicable.

They state that America is guilty of genocide and that should be taught in history class. That is twisted.

Nope. Not when 20 million AmerInd were intentionally wiped out.

Genocide of Natives in the Western Hemisphere starting 1492 CE

Hitler and Stalin studied the American genocide model when preparing their own versions.

The AmerInd were treated as vermin to be exterminated.

History texts need to teach this genocide as a genocide.

Regards from Rosie

Hitler and Stalin studied the American genocide model when preparing their own versions.

Regards from Rosie

Don't overdo it.

Regards from Rosie

Don't overdo it.

Nothing overdone about my post.

It is only recently that the topic has been thought worthy of textbooks.

Regards from Rosie

Regards from Rosie

Don't overdo it.

Nothing overdone about my post.

It is only recently that the topic has been thought worthy of textbooks.

The topic has been in textbooks for many decades, and your post was overdone.

Where do you come up with this nonsense?? ...... :cool:

Ever heard of the Internet and search engines?

During the film I learned about something that shook me to my core that I had not heard before. I learned that the genocidal mentality and actions of the U.S. policy makers would find similar expression years later when the Nazis, under Hitler, studied the plans of Bosque Redondo to design the concentration camps for Jews.

Screen_Shot_2013-06-18_at_10.16.04_AM.png

As Pulitzer Prize-winning author, John Toland, notes in his book Adolf Hitler (pg. 202):

Hitler's concept of concentration camps as well as the practicality of genocide owed much, so he claimed, to his studies of English and United States history. He admired the camps for Boer prisoners in South Africa and for the Indians in the wild west; and often praised to his inner circle the efficiency of America's extermination—by starvation and uneven combat—of the red savages who could not be tamed by captivity.

Hitler s Inspiration and Guide The Native American Holocaust Sacred Intentions Jewish Journal

psik

And these little mush-minds will go out and carry the torch for generations to come.

Students At Los Altos High Claim History Textbooks Ignore U.S. ‘Crimes Against Humanity,’ Want Texts Revised

The video is priceless and one has to wonder at the teachers behind this. Read more @ Students At Los Altos High Claim History Textbooks Ignore U.S. Crimes Against Humanity Want Texts Revised CBS San Francisco

You're no patriot for turning a blind eye to your country's crimes and failings. You're just a cheap hack if you do that.

A true patriot admits when his country fucks up and works to change it for the better.

DPRK being the go-to example: no one in DPRK (still alive) criticizes the regime. But 'a nation of patriots' isn't how anyone outside North Korea would describe their people.

And these little mush-minds will go out and carry the torch for generations to come.

Students At Los Altos High Claim History Textbooks Ignore U.S. ‘Crimes Against Humanity,’ Want Texts Revised

The video is priceless and one has to wonder at the teachers behind this. Read more @ Students At Los Altos High Claim History Textbooks Ignore U.S. Crimes Against Humanity Want Texts Revised CBS San Francisco

You're no patriot for turning a blind eye to your country's crimes and failings. You're just a cheap hack if you do that.

A true patriot admits when his country fucks up and works to change it for the better.
And no one has been able to show that we are ignoring where we fucked up.

Do you think the trail of tears is not covered in school?

Forum List

Back