Education Dept. : BDS activity against Israel will be defined as anti-Semitism

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by rylah, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Shusha

Shusha Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,312
    You are justifying hate speech again. Worse, you are justifying hate speech as a solution to a problem rather than as part of the problem. Its akin to saying, "I can't stop beating my wife. If I stopped beating my wife, she would just take over the house." Instead of working out a reasonable, shared, mutually satisfying plan for a good relationship.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Shusha

Shusha Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,312
    I am NOT telling them to suck it up and accept it. In fact, the opposite. I am telling them they (and only they) have full agency over their choices. I am telling them that the solution to the problem is to: Stop. Attacking. Your. Neighbor. Its in their hands. They are perfectly capable of being the agents for change and peace. They are, in fact, the only ones capable of doing this.

3. BlackFlag

BlackFlag I haz hoisted it!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,748
    I can’t believe you’re stuck on hate speech. If the beaten wife called her husband an asshole, does that mean it’s her fault for the beatings? Also, the husband has given her zero reason to believe he wants a reasonable, shared, mutually satisfying plan for a good relationship and seems plenty happy with the way things are other than the looks his neighbors give him for beating his wife.

4. BlackFlag

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,748
    The Israeli equivalent of Palestinian mentality right there. I guess the cycle will continue.

5. Shusha

Shusha Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,312
    To be fair, that is the topic of this thread.

6. Shusha

Shusha Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,312
    There is no 'cycle'. Gaza attacks. Israel responds. No attacks = no response. No attacks = peace. No attacks eventually = end of embargo, mutual co-operation, a viable economy for Gaza.

Are you arguing that Gaza is incapable of having agency over their own actions? Are they compelled by some unknown force to attack Israel repeatedly?

7. BlackFlag

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,748
    Why does Gaza attack?

8. Shusha

Shusha Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,312
    Are you going to justify terrorism and war crimes now?

Gaza attacks because they CHOOSE to use violence as a means to pressure Israel into responding in order to demonize Israel and solicit (unwarranted) international sympathy for their "plight" (which they are the agents of). Gaza attacks Israel in order to turn themselves into "victims" of the "evil Jews" and thus justify their own terrorism and violence. Gaza attacks Israel because they hold the fundamental ideology that Jewish people have no rights and no claim to Jewish historical and indigenous homeland and that once conquered, Islamic land remains Islamic land in perpetuity. Gaza attacks Israel because the GOAL is not to enter into peaceful relations with another neighboring people but to deny that neighboring people any right to exist as a national entity, and eventually, as a separate and distinct people. And even further along, in the most extremist religious terms, to survive and exist at all.

If the GOAL was to achieve peace, a strong economy and good international relations the answer is to stop attacking your neighbors.

9. RoccoR

RoccoR Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,187
    RE: BDS activity against Israel will be defined as anti-Semitism
    ※→ BlackFlag, et al,

Well, I would like to slide in here.

(COMMENT)

The rocket fire and attacks began to intensify after the Israelis unilaterally withdrew from Gaza. In fact, the Israelis had a fighting withdraw. The attacks are initiated by the Arab Palestinians. And you can almost make-out a pattern (almost a wave function).

[​IMG]

Perpetrators Hamas Islamic Resistance Movement.png
    As you can see from the Global Terrorism Database (GTD), looking at just HAMAS, you can see that the exchange of attacks started almost as soon as the ink dried on the PLO Declaration of Independence.

And the Arab Palestinians did not open hostilities then, the conflict started with the solemn oath the Palestinians made in February 1948 (even before the existence of Israel).

10. rylah

rylah Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,576
    You're trying to evade the subject, when the question is beyond simple.
    Should antisemitism be condemned by BDS?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018