Education Dept. : BDS activity against Israel will be defined as anti-Semitism

RE: Education Dept. : BDS activity against Israel will be defined as anti-Semitism
※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

The is a request and NOT a requirement.

STEP 2, Part I-B STEPS PREPARATORY TO INDEPENDENCE, A/RES/181(II) 29 November 1947
• "the (UN Palestine) Commission; which shall act in conformity with the recommendations of the General Assembly, under the guidance of the Security Council."
• "The mandatory Power shall not take any action to prevent, obstruct or delay the implementation by the (UN Palestine) Commission of the measures recommended by the General Assembly (A/RES/181 II).

Recommends to the United Kingdom, as the mandatory Power for Palestine, and to all other Members of the United Nations the adoption and implementation, with regard to the future government of Palestine, of the Plan of Partition with Economic Union set out below;

Requests that

(a) The Security Council take the necessary measures as provided for in the plan for its implementation;
----------
Didn't happen.
(COMMENT)

The Part I-B STEPS PREPARATORY TO INDEPENDENCE, A/RES/181(II) 29 November 1947 made the UNPC the action arm for the Security Council. Absent guidance to the contrary, the UNPC directed implemation procedures.

Again this is some subterfuge to challenge the legitimacy of how the State of Israel, via self-determination, established self-governing institutions.

It did not require a decree or approval by the Security Council, but was self-actualization. If you read the string of reports from the UN Palestine Commission that covered issues of food, transportation banking, tax revenues, a postal system system --- and everything in between, you will see that it was not a spontaneous process. It was a well thoughtout plan that everyone was aware.

It is what it is. You may challenge it all you like, but what happened was a reality, just as todaysMiddle East is a reality.

Most Respectfully,
R
Resolution 181 was a non binding recommendation that had no legitimacy without the action of the Security Council.

Many crucial parts of Resolution 181 were not implemented.
  • Land and borders. (Israel did not define these because it did not have any.)
  • Jerusalem.
  • Citizenship.
  • Militias.

RE: Education Dept. : BDS activity against Israel will be defined as anti-Semitism
※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

The is a request and NOT a requirement.

STEP 2, Part I-B STEPS PREPARATORY TO INDEPENDENCE, A/RES/181(II) 29 November 1947
• "the (UN Palestine) Commission; which shall act in conformity with the recommendations of the General Assembly, under the guidance of the Security Council."
• "The mandatory Power shall not take any action to prevent, obstruct or delay the implementation by the (UN Palestine) Commission of the measures recommended by the General Assembly (A/RES/181 II).

Recommends to the United Kingdom, as the mandatory Power for Palestine, and to all other Members of the United Nations the adoption and implementation, with regard to the future government of Palestine, of the Plan of Partition with Economic Union set out below;

Requests that

(a) The Security Council take the necessary measures as provided for in the plan for its implementation;
----------
Didn't happen.
(COMMENT)

The Part I-B STEPS PREPARATORY TO INDEPENDENCE, A/RES/181(II) 29 November 1947 made the UNPC the action arm for the Security Council. Absent guidance to the contrary, the UNPC directed implemation procedures.

Again this is some subterfuge to challenge the legitimacy of how the State of Israel, via self-determination, established self-governing institutions.

It did not require a decree or approval by the Security Council, but was self-actualization. If you read the string of reports from the UN Palestine Commission that covered issues of food, transportation banking, tax revenues, a postal system system --- and everything in between, you will see that it was not a spontaneous process. It was a well thoughtout plan that everyone was aware.

It is what it is. You may challenge it all you like, but what happened was a reality, just as todaysMiddle East is a reality.

Most Respectfully,
R
Resolution 181 was a non binding recommendation that had no legitimacy without the action of the Security Council.

• Jerusalem.
  • Citizenship.
  • Militias.

It’s a bit silly to be whining about the Arab- Moslem refusal regarding Resolution 181.

In a historical (for you, “hysterical”), sense, it lists as just another failure on the part of Arabs- Moslems to seize an opportunity and make a better life for themselves. However, as we see through so much of the Arab-Moslem Middle East, retrogression gets the better of them.

Guys don't You see what we are witnessing for the last 20 pages?

BDS can't even remotely discuss antisemitism,
their main strategy is to normalize Jew-hating rhetorics in the media and politics, it's that simple.
That's why for the last 20 pages,we have been discussing ANYTHING BUT the actual problem,so let's bring this thread back on topic - and take the bull by the horns.

Q. When is BDS going to condemn Jew-hatred?

Last edited:
※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

The Arab cannot start a war to preempt Jewish Independence action and then blame the result of the conflict outcome on the Israelis.

• Jerusalem.
  • Citizenship.
  • Militias.
(COMMENT)

The orginalintent was to track with the Steps Preparatory to Independence with the boundaries for Israel following that of the Part II B of Resolution 181 (II). However, the Arab League interfered with that the negotiations on the demarcation of boundaries as outlined in A/AC.24/SR.45 5 May 1949. AND the Conciliation Commission itself had declared in its second progress report that "the Commission is of the opinion that the refugee problem cannot be permanently solved unless other political questions, notably the questions of boundaries, are also solved."

Given that the Arab Palestinians are not operating in good faith, following the solemn pledge of Feb 1948, the Khartoum Resolution Sept 1967, and numerous policy statements since then, the boundary issues faced in 1948 have been overtaken by events and the accelerated war effect on the part of the Arab Palestinians of both the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

Similarly, the lack of cooperation on the part of the Arab Palestinians and their failure to follow the processes outlined in the Declaration on Principles of International Law concerning Friendly Relations and Co-operation among States (1970), that have dealt a serious blow to the cause of peace, and have hindered the Israelis to the point of independent and unilaterial action.

Citizenship is not an issue. It is a domestic and sovereign issue outside the jurisdiction of international Law.

Militias, Irregular and Asymmetric Forces (as well as volunteers) fall under ARTICLE 4 Thrird Geneva Convention: They are subject to the very same Rules of War, Customary and International Humanitarian Law as the Israeli Defense Force. The Protected Persons that deliberately and intentionally target to do harm against the Occupation Power (Israel) are subject to trial and penalties under Article 68 of the Fourth Geneva Convention.

A. Prisoners of war, in the sense of the present Convention, are persons belonging to one of the following categories, who have fallen into the power of the enemy:

(1) Members of the armed forces of a Party to the conflict as well as members of militias or volunteer corps forming part of such armed forces.

(2) Members of other militias and members of other volunteer corps, including those of organized resistance movements, belonging to a Party to the conflict and operating in or outside their own territory, even if this territory is occupied, provided that such militias or volunteer corps, including such organized resistance movements, fulfil the following conditions:

(a) that of being commanded by a person responsible for his subordinates;

(b) that of having a fixed distinctive sign recognizable at a distance;

(c) that of carrying arms openly;

(d) that of conducting their operations in accordance with the laws and customs of war.​

Most Respectfully,
R

Never. Next question?

I think You're giving them too much options.
Either let them condemn antisemitism, or lead them to face consequences to the fullest letter of the law.

This is outrageous.

BDS can never confront their own anti-semitism. To do so would be to destroy the very goals that BDS was created to achieve -- which is to deny Jewish national independence. That goal is fundamentally discriminatory.

BDS can never confront their own anti-semitism. To do so would be to destroy the very goals that BDS was created to achieve -- which is to deny Jewish national independence. That goal is fundamentally discriminatory.
Isn’t there a legitimate non anti Semitic reason to boycott products from settlements? I think there is. Right now we have the US government practicing complete disinvestment of Palestinians...no outcry.

Not like Islam does. As Sam Harris stated "Islam is the motherhood of bad ideas".

There are 53 Mostly Muslim countries (60% or more) can you name one on par with say the UK or the US in terms of social policies?
Let’s rephrase that. Can you name any country in history where religion is government that embraces our social values? The problem isn’t Islam it is religion in government. It always sucks for women and religious minorities throughout history.

In Islam women are treated as property. That was not the case in ancient Western Europe where women were queens. I agree that you need separation of church and state but Islam on top of treating women like garbage, hate dogs, kill gays, hate Jews and Christians, kill you for drawing pics of Mo. It is a primitive and dangerous ideology. Again can you name one mostly Muslim country that has social values that are expected in today's modern westernized world? There is not ONE. There are 53 of them. Coincidence?

The one Jewish nation is in fact tolerant, a democracy, a military power and economically strong.
In ancient Western Europe women were property, Jews were frequently expelled, subject to pogroms and restrictions and periodically killed.

You have dodged my question. I answered yours. In a conversation it is polite to answer each other's questions. Islam again is very tough not to judge very negatively. My Muslim friends here in the US. Great guys. Treat their women as 2nd class. Both had arranged marriages.

"My Muslim friends here in the US. Great guys"

....is this what their wives look like? seriously.

i know the same muslims you know.

"great guys."

ohhhhhhh yeah.......

They're.Grrrrrrrrrreeaat !

What does that have to do with anything?

Isn’t there a legitimate non anti Semitic reason to boycott products from settlements? I think there is. Right now we have the US government practicing complete disinvestment of Palestinians...no outcry.

Then boycott Arab product from the area as well,
moral relativism all the way ...:rolleyes:

No need to. We have the most powerful country in the world already disinvesting them don’t we?

Let’s rephrase that. Can you name any country in history where religion is government that embraces our social values? The problem isn’t Islam it is religion in government. It always sucks for women and religious minorities throughout history.

In Islam women are treated as property. That was not the case in ancient Western Europe where women were queens. I agree that you need separation of church and state but Islam on top of treating women like garbage, hate dogs, kill gays, hate Jews and Christians, kill you for drawing pics of Mo. It is a primitive and dangerous ideology. Again can you name one mostly Muslim country that has social values that are expected in today's modern westernized world? There is not ONE. There are 53 of them. Coincidence?

The one Jewish nation is in fact tolerant, a democracy, a military power and economically strong.
In ancient Western Europe women were property, Jews were frequently expelled, subject to pogroms and restrictions and periodically killed.

You have dodged my question. I answered yours. In a conversation it is polite to answer each other's questions. Islam again is very tough not to judge very negatively. My Muslim friends here in the US. Great guys. Treat their women as 2nd class. Both had arranged marriages.

"My Muslim friends here in the US. Great guys"

....is this what their wives look like? seriously.

i know the same muslims you know.

"great guys."

ohhhhhhh yeah.......

They're.Grrrrrrrrrreeaat !

What does that have to do with anything?

"What does that have to do with anything?"

i was illustrating to...the defiler.... in my own little way, about... my feelings on islam light and islam HARD...[unfortunately, the same thing].

is it that bad ?..............? too many pictures for you ? am i way off topic ? oh, there's a surprise ! you can take it down if it's to LOUD .....(we keep you busy here, and you don't even get paid for it, right?) .

No need to. We have the most powerful country in the world already disinvesting them don’t we?

And how many countries are there in the world?
Let alone, how many Muslim countries have been boycotting Israel since its' reconstitution?

You see the problem with moral relativism is that it only postpones the need for a simple moral decision,
at some point someone either chooses to condemn antisemitism, or attempt to invent excuses to keep the disease alive. Jews are the canary of the world, nations that suffer periods of antisemitism they don't survive too long - especially the big heavy empires...

Last edited:
Isn’t there a legitimate non anti Semitic reason to boycott products from settlements?

The term "settlements" itself assumes all sorts of things, though. Did you want to compare it to a boycott of Morocco?

See....

The problem begins with defining what the goal is and thus we are boycotting. I would argue "Jews are not allowed to live here" is inherently anti-semitic. Hence the problem when you discuss "settlements".

Isn’t there a legitimate non anti Semitic reason to boycott products from settlements?

The term "settlements" itself assumes all sorts of things, though. Did you want to compare it to a boycott of Morocco?
Why?

And how many countries are there in the world?
Let alone, how many Muslim countries have been boycotting Israel since its' reconstitution?

You see the problem with moral relativism is that it only postpones the need for a simple moral decision,
at some point someone either chooses to condemn antisemitism, or attempt to invent excuses to keep the disease alive. Jews are the canary of the world, nations that suffer periods of antisemitism they don't survive too long - especially the big heavy empires...

But here is where I see the issue: too often any criticism of Israeli policy gets branded anti Semitic.

"Right now we have the US government practicing complete disinvestment of Palestinians...no outcry.."

Too much money being...funneled to the terrorist government to make bomb kites and rockets and toys for terrorists. Not toys for tots.

but you know this already - the world is sick & tired of writing checks to terrorists.

you see the news about it all the time [unless you really are naïve about it) ....i'm all for sending pallets of food/water/medicine/bibles/soap/toilet paper.....and helpful items to the women and children and the elderly.....

terrorists are the palestinian people's government......dispute that ?

Why?

Because Morocco is comparable and yet no one is boycotting Morocco. Why is that, do you think?

Forum List

Back