Education a right ?

Education a right

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No.

Federal regulations/statues trump States'.

Therefore, the States must enforce Federal Laws, e.g. IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act).
Yeah, well those unfunded government edicts are just part of what needs to be dismantled .
Those handy capable dance troupes can go all the way to Oregon and be put to sleep.
We dont need wheel chair ramps to get on every god damn curb.
If florida wants them and the fed and florida pays for them thats one thing.

If they make Iowa pay thats something else.

Well, if it was only the wheelchair ramps that IDEA required, then it would be comparatively VERY cheap.

The wild eyed frothing USMB members that blame all Evul on Republicans should recall Jerry Ford, who signed IDEA into law, where it remains. No Politician wants to be painted as Uncaring Toward The Disabled.

You clearly dont get it.
The fed demands states do things.
States have to do things the fed wants to do to get the money to fulfill those demands
The people get screwed.

This is not proper representation.

Looks like we can save a shit load of money and blame it all on the progressive shitheads .
Sound like a all around winner.

Ford was a Republican.

He should have just let Carter sign IDEA.

At any rate no politician, progressive or not, is going to alter IDEA. All sorts of parents would crawl out of the woodwork, dragging little crippled Johnny Halfwit on to Oprah to cry and knash their teeth over why their kid needs an an education as much as any other, and then Oprah will tearfully remind her audience that any one of us could be saddled with a kid with disabilities.

What are they spending $63.7 billion on?

Well, you can as easily research the DOEd's budget as I can:
U.S. Department of Education Budget Office

ED currently administers a budget of $63.7 billion in FY 2010 discretionary appropriations (including discretionary Pell Grant funding) and $96.8 billion in discretionary funding provided under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009—and operates programs that touch on every area and level of education. The Department's elementary and secondary programs annually serve nearly 14,000 school districts and approximately 56 million students attending some 99,000 public schools and 34,000 private schools. Department programs also provide grant, loan, and work-study assistance to more than 14 million postsecondary students.

Actually $63.7B isn't all that much when you consider that the Treasury Dept's budget to extract more taxes from us is about $13B.

If I had to guess, the main "programs" that are "annually serve nearly 14,000 school districts and approximately 56 million students attending some 99,000 public schools" is Free and Reduced Lunch.

What is interesting is they also serve 34,000 private schools.

I'm guessing these are non-parocial.

True....states pay the lions share of education costs.

Actually any state could refuse to follow federal "mandates"......but then they don't get any Federal money....

Yes...its very interesting to actually experience the differences between states' NCLB compliance: States with Large Urban Populations turn themselves inside-out to increase the scores on state standardized tests (manaded by NCLB), while other states just go through the motions.

Ford was a progressive shitweasel I dont care what laws or bureaucracy they they have illeagly created .
It all Needs to be burned down, none of it is constitutional.

Only in America - having guns is a right, but education is a privilege...talk about having it arse backwards...

Hmmm... 1 is for self protection and defense... I think we can agree self defense is a right

The other is for the betterment of one's self or someone in one's care... and we have the right to pursue that, but not have it just handed to you... just as the 2nd amendment gives you the right to keep and bear arms, but not the right to have one provided to you

Knowledge is power.

It all Needs to be burned down, none of it is constitutional.

You need to send a letter to OBL explaining your support for his position.:razz:
Ive asked for the towers to be rebuilt the powers that be disagree.
I do not support the government.

You need to read the constitution and the federalist papers are then explain out why your oppression have a leg to stand on.

Just because a bunch of criminal hacks do things doesn't mean it is lawful.

Which quote appeals to you?

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
Thomas Jefferson

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men." -Woodrow Wilson, after signing the Federal Reserve into existence

Last edited:
Only in America - having guns is a right, but education is a privilege...talk about having it arse backwards...

Hmmm... 1 is for self protection and defense... I think we can agree self defense is a right

The other is for the betterment of one's self or someone in one's care... and we have the right to pursue that, but not have it just handed to you... just as the 2nd amendment gives you the right to keep and bear arms, but not the right to have one provided to you

Knowledge is power.
You are weak and wilting

If you're a resident of a town and a property tax payer in good standing to that town, then yes, your children have a right to an elementary and secondary education.

What if you pay your property tax and are relatively good but have trouble standing much of the time?

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men." -Woodrow Wilson, after signing the Federal Reserve into existence

Wilson should not have been depressed, he did create the League of Nations.........oh yeah, sorry.

Still, chasing a man named Pancho Villa around must have been fun.

Probably Poncho, just so I could utter "pants, we don't need no stinking pants."

Of course it is. Both the Nazi Party Platform and the Constitution of the welfare/warfare state empower the almighty state to steal from "A" in order to "educate" "B". I am looking forward to the day we replace old glory with the USSR Flag.

600px-Flag_of_the_Soviet_Union.svg.png

Of course it is. Both the Nazi Party Platform and the Constitution of the welfare/warfare state empower the almighty state to steal from "A" in order to "educate" "B". I am looking forward to the day we replace old glory with the USSR Flag.

In every communist takeover, the first to go were the educated.

Isn't it odd that Republicans are always saying the liberals are "for" communism yet it's the liberals who are "educated", so obviously, they would be the first to go?

The people that would be left over would be the "Cornfed Confederate Republican Party of Teabags". Republican leaders already know how to control them. With "fear". It's part of their fundraising strategy.

Isn't it odd that Republicans are always saying the liberals are "for" communism yet it's the liberals who are "educated", so obviously, they would be the first to go?

The people that would be left over would be the "Cornfed Confederate Republican Party of Teabags". Republican leaders already know how to control them. With "fear". It's part of their fundraising strategy.

You are so right.

Only the cornfed mentally ill oppose tyranny.

You are so right.

Then we agree on something? I think. Are you "ill"?

Uh, let me just point out, when the uneducated take over, then that will be tyranny. Nothing like a country run by stupid. Bush showed us that.

Last edited by a moderator:

You are so right.

Then we agree on something? I think. Are you "ill"?

Uh, let me just point out, when the uneducated take over, then that will be tyranny. Nothing like a country run by stupid. Bush showed us that.
Sometimes people can be too smart for their own good. I mean "smart" in either sense. Clever/manipulative and commonsensical smart and book smart as well.

LOL

When is the last time any of you that have posted in this thread have taught in a school?

It's like the chicken hawks talking about going to war.

New Topics

Forum List

Back