Educating Conservatives About Sharia Law

This has nothing to do with "freedom of speech". When I get off an airplane and I have a bottle of booze and someone else has a service dog and muslim cabbies will not pick us up, are muslims in the wrong or not?

Where won't Muslim cabbies pick you up? This happened to you? You're making it sound like a common occurrence, but I see no evidence beyond anecdotes. What one cabbie may have done doesn't prove we're moving to shariah law. Was the cabbie allowed to operate that way or was he fired? I anxiously await.., THE REST OF THE STORY!

The fact that it happened often with a group of cabbies in Minneapolis until it was confronted is a problem. They were told to stop it or they would be punished. They had to be forced to stop it. That's a problem we don't need in the USA. If you come here, expect to be an American first and don't discriminate.

Why do you defend discrimination?

Utter fail. Let me ask you a question.

Do pharmacies have the right to choose to dispense birth control? Do Catholic businesses have the right to choose a health care plan that does not cover birth control? Booth of these are clear examples of a basic right: freedom of religion. Those on the left here tend to disagree but they really don't believe in freedom so that does not matter. If YOU can agree to these as being a freedom then please explain to me where you get the right to demand that Muslims do not have the same basic rights.

You see, you are being a bald face hypocrite and it is asinine hypocrisy like this that give the left the bullets they shoot the right with. If you are going to bash application of Sharia law then you need to fid an actual application WITHIN THE COURTS. Not people exercising their god given RIGHT to practice their religion freely.

I don't have a problem at all with sharia courts as courts of arbitration and kept by agreement to their own community. Sharia should NEVER, EVER be applied by our courts.

What are you ignorant? No non-affiliated court systems are allowed in the U.S. let alone religious courts that would overrule local courts on matters of marriage and property not to mention domestic abuse and rape. which means if Sharia is instituted it would have to be by the Government Also religion and state are separate in the U.S. and if this happened Islam would become the official religion of the U.S. meaning they would no longer be separate.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem at all with sharia courts as courts of arbitration and kept by agreement to their own community. Sharia should NEVER, EVER be applied by our courts.

What are you ignorant? No non-affiliated court systems are allowed in the U.S. let alone religious courts that would overrule local courts on matters of marriage and property not to mention domestic abuse and rape. which means if Sharia is instituted it would have to be by the Government Also religion and state are separate in the U.S. and if this happened Islam would become the official religion of the U.S. meaning they would no longer be separate.

?
Your post makes no sense. Can you clarify?

Where won't Muslim cabbies pick you up? This happened to you? You're making it sound like a common occurrence, but I see no evidence beyond anecdotes. What one cabbie may have done doesn't prove we're moving to shariah law. Was the cabbie allowed to operate that way or was he fired? I anxiously await.., THE REST OF THE STORY!

The fact that it happened often with a group of cabbies in Minneapolis until it was confronted is a problem. They were told to stop it or they would be punished. They had to be forced to stop it. That's a problem we don't need in the USA. If you come here, expect to be an American first and don't discriminate.

How am I defending discrimination? I'm just saying your claims about shariah law are overblown. All you've shown are instances of demands, but offered no evidence of a pattern of applying shariah law. People say all sorts of stupid stuff. There are people that say paying income taxes is optional. Doesn't mean the IRS is going to pay any attention to their argument.

So now bringing discrimination to your attention is "overblown". Funny how this works, isn't it. Another example of how everything in the liberal world is political.

Last edited:

How am I defending discrimination? I'm just saying your claims about shariah law are overblown. All you've shown are instances of demands, but offered no evidence of a pattern of applying shariah law. People say all sorts of stupid stuff. There are people that say paying income taxes is optional. Doesn't mean the IRS is going to pay any attention to their argument.

So now bringing discrimination to your attention is "overblown". Funny how this works, isn't it. Another example of how everything in the liberal world is political.

You haven't provided any evidence of discrimination. How is this any different than Catholics saying they shouldn't have to provide certain kinds of insurance? Both are asking us to accept restrictions, because of their religious beliefs, despite the fact that neither driving nor providing insurance are violations of any commandment I know.

You haven't provided any evidence of discrimination. How is this any different than Catholics saying they shouldn't have to provide certain kinds of insurance? Both are asking us to accept restrictions, because of their religious beliefs, despite the fact that neither driving nor providing insurance are violations of any commandment I know.

I'll try once more and keep it real simple.

Muslim cabbies were not picking up people with a bottle of booze or a dog. That is discrimination.

Last edited:

Muslim cabbies were not picking up people with a bottle of booze or a dog. That is discrimination.

How often do you take a cab? Better yet, how often do require a cab when you have a bottle of booze or a dog or both? Why should we give a shit! Wouldn't you be afraid you might be being driven by a potential terrorist that could blow up the taxi at any time, my god where's your head at man! You'd be better off to take the bus or to walk than to risk your life!

Last edited:

And I'll keep it simple too, no it is not. That is the exercising of their right to practice their religion. See my last post.

Pharmacies refusing to dispense abortifacient/birth control = cabbies not servicing people with alcohol. It is the same thing. I am guessing that you would support the former. What is different with the latter. Freedom is freedom even when it effects you or people choose to do things that you do not like. At least have the decency to be consistent.

How often do you take a cab? Better yet, how often do require a cab when you have a bottle of booze or a dog or both? Why should we give a shit! Wouldn't you be afraid you might be being driven by a potential terrorist that could blow up the taxi at any time, my god where's your head at man! You'd be better off to take the bus or to walk than to risk your life!

Many people take a cab when getting off an airplane. Another post excusing discrimination. Nice.

And I'll keep it simple too, no it is not. That is the exercising of their right to practice their religion. See my last post.

Pharmacies refusing to dispense abortifacient/birth control = cabbies not servicing people with alcohol. It is the same thing. I am guessing that you would support the former. What is different with the latter. Freedom is freedom even when it effects you or people choose to do things that you do not like. At least have the decency to be consistent.

No, that does not equal cabbies refusing to pick up people. Address the issue. Is it discrimination to refuse service to people because they have a service dog or a bottle of booze? You say no. The cab company said pick them up or find a new job. Guess what happened?

Last edited:

No, that does not equal cabbies refusing to pick up people. Address the issue. Is it discrimination to refuse service to people because they have a service dog or a bottle of booze? You say no. The cab company said pick them up or find a new job. Guess what happened?
Hey, I don't have a problem with the cab company firing them but I also don't have a problem with the pharmacy firing them either. I am consistent in cases of freedom of religion, speech and the freedom of a business to hire the people they want to. What I am asking is whether or not YOU are consistent as well. If you agree with the pharmacy situation then you are not being consistent here.

?
Your post makes no sense. Can you clarify?

Clarify which part? Theres a law in the U.S. that says no civilian courts are allowed because they aren't under control of the government and therefore aren't real courts. The Laws of Sharia courts clash with already established laws like for example the wife being the legal owner of her husbands property in the U.S. for example but Sharia courts say that it goes to the next blood relative of the husband, this may not be a problem if it the two were both Muslim but many Muslim men are married to Christian women and we don't have to follow Sharia laws because their not a part of our religion. This creates a conflict between the two court systems and if the Governmental courts overrule the Sharia court it will be seen as oppression of their religion and Muslim courts overruling Governmental courts will mean that religion no longer equal under the law and if the Sharia courts are made a real courts system it will mean that Religion and state are no longer separate and Islam has the power to dictate laws to others. If we simply don't establish them in the first place and yes i know about the ruling in Texas.

Right, it is discrimination and i would even go so far as to say its prejudice as Muslims are saying that they wont serve anyone who does not agree with their religious beliefs.

Hey, I don't have a problem with the cab company firing them but I also don't have a problem with the pharmacy firing them either. I am consistent in cases of freedom of religion, speech and the freedom of a business to hire the people they want to. What I am asking is whether or not YOU are consistent as well. If you agree with the pharmacy situation then you are not being consistent here.

Were the muslim cab drivers practicing discrimination? Yes or no.

How many times do I have to answer this?

For the third time NO!

There, is that big enough for you to see it. Now, you have dodged answering my question even though this is the third time I have answered yours. Answer it please:

Are Christians that refuse to dispense abortifacients/birth control at pharmacies discriminating?

Last edited:

How many times do I have to answer this?

For the third time NO!

There, is that big enough for you to see it. Now, you have dodged answering my question even though this is the third time I have answered yours. Answer it please:

Are Christians that refuse to dispense abortifacients/birth control at pharmacies discriminating?

Then the Cab company was wrong to tell the muslim cabbies to stop it.

Yes, Christian employees that refuse to dispense anything for personal religious reasons is discrimination.

It's not that difficult once you deprogram your mind.

Last edited:
Then the Cab company was wrong to tell the muslim cabbies to stop it.
No they were not. See that is the thing about freedoms, you are free to make choices and then you are equally free to reap the consequences of those choices.
Yes, Christian employees that refuse to dispense anything for personal religious reasons is discrimination.
No, it is not. It is called freely exercising your religion. I see you have a problem with freedom. Perhaps I should call a cab and then stamp my feet when they refuse to pick me up but ass naked. After all, if someone refuses me service then that is discrimination...
It's not that difficult once you deprogram your mind.
No, it is not so when are you going to start?

Forum List

Back