Educating Conservatives About Sharia Law

With increase of the power and influence of Judaism including its ultra-Orthodox branches, it is not surprising that Judaism recommends the seven Noahide precepts as international law. In a discussion with other religious leaders and President George Bush Sr., Rabbi Yakov Cohen said the road map to world peace is found in the seven Noahide Laws.

Noahide.org - US President George W. Bush Discusses...

Worldwide Noahide observance was promoted by prominent Hasidic Rabbi Menachem Schneerson. The late rabbi was the seventh leader of the widespread Lubavitcher movement. Viewed as clannish and eccentric in dress, the Lubavitchers are nevertheless very powerful and well-funded, with enormous influence on the burgeoning ultra-Orthodox movement in Israel. Before his death in 1994, Schneerson was the reigning “temporary Messiah,” or “Tzaddik,” to a large segment of Kabalist ultra-orthodox Jewry. He said global observance of Noahide law would bring world peace and messianic redemption.

Schneerson and his movement are so powerful that they persuaded Bush Sr. to proclaim Education Day USA in which Schneerson is honored and Noahide law upheld as an exalted code of ethics to inspire and guide mankind. Schneerson trained thousands of rabbis to spread strict Jewish observance (centering around the "Zohar" or mystical/revolutionary Kabala) around the world.

“Influencing non-Jews to keep their mitzvos, the Seven Noahide Laws... will assist our task of making the world into a dwelling place for God, and help bring about the arrival of Messiah,” Schneerson said in 1987. He said, “Every Jew has the obligation to ensure that all the peoples of the world observe the Seven Noahide Laws…The religious tolerance of today, and the trend towards greater freedom, gives us the unique opportunity to enhance widespread observance of these laws.”

Noahide.org - The Seven Laws of Noah and the Non-Jews who Follow Them

Source link:NPN Email Alert

That wasn't the question. Demanding isn't getting.

They are demanding special treatment. That's a problem.

No it isn't. People make for demands special treatment all the time for all sorts of reasons. I want evidence of the APPLICATION of sharia law.

Yes, it is a problem. People in hell want ice water. Yell and stamp your feet first and I'll think about it.

Last edited:

No it isn't. People make for demands special treatment all the time for all sorts of reasons. I want evidence of the APPLICATION of sharia law.

There is plenty and I'll get it for you.

Now why did muslim cab drivers refuse to pick up people at airports if they had a dog or a bottle of booze? Why do muslims who work at stores refuse to handle pork products?

That is demanding special treatment. The USA is a nation where everyone is treated the same. Muslims need to get used to it or move.

Once again, you're not giving us any evidence that demands have actually been met.

Yes, it is a problem. People in hell want ice water. Yell and stamp your feet first and I'll think about it.

Sorry that freedom of speech is such a problem for you. Where does one go to get their demands cleared? :cuckoo:

There is plenty and I'll get it for you.

Now why did muslim cab drivers refuse to pick up people at airports if they had a dog or a bottle of booze? Why do muslims who work at stores refuse to handle pork products?

That is demanding special treatment. The USA is a nation where everyone is treated the same. Muslims need to get used to it or move.

Once again, you're not giving us any evidence that demands have actually been met.

You deny cab drivers were not picking up passengers who had a service dog or a bottle of booze? You deny employees would not handle pork products when their job required it? Those things didn't happen?

Sorry that freedom of speech is such a problem for you. Where does one go to get their demands cleared? :cuckoo:

What makes you think freedom of speech is a problem for me? You defend the very ones who would take your freedom of speech away. You're confused.

Over time they will win concessions, they have already won some.

Mormons knock on doors, and evangelicals use television, and then there is the group that hands out flowers at airports. Different religions use different tactics.

What Muslims do is to push for as much political influence or control as possible. Concessions lead to more demands. They try to gain special status on the job and in prisons and other institutions. They promote halal food, which is sometimes sold to non-Muslims without labeling. They try to silence any criticism of Islam and on that part of Islamic law they have already had great success.

You're still begging the question. What accommodations? Where have they had "great success"? I see Islamic law, customs and Mohammed bashed here all the time.

Certainly you see Islamic bashing around here because of the anonymity of the internet. I would never bash Islam in public (in the mass media).

They will kill you for that, and that is shariah law.

It may be shariah law, but the question remains, is it being applied in the U.S.? Would it be a legitimate defense for murder? Once again, you haven't shown how it's being applied.

What makes you think freedom of speech is a problem for me? You defend the very ones who would take your freedom of speech away. You're confused.

Apparently people aren't allowed to make demands. I don't really get your argument either, since we should be talking about the actual APPLICATION of shariah law, not what someone thinks it ought to be.

Apparently people aren't allowed to make demands. I don't really get your argument either, since we should be talking about the actual APPLICATION of shariah law, not what someone thinks it ought to be.

People can make demands, but that doesn't mean we need to honor outrageous crap like I mentioned. Islam is sick and those who honor their outrageous demands are sick.

People can make demands, but that doesn't mean we need to honor outrageous crap like I mentioned. Islam is sick and those who honor their outrageous demands are sick.

No one seems to be saying we should. Are you agreeing that it hasn't happened here, then? If not, PLEASE give us a cite. Where have "outrageous demands" been met? If you can't give us evidence, that leaves you with a complaint about what someone was saying, i.e. questioning someone's right to speak freely.

No one seems to be saying we should. Are you agreeing that it hasn't happened here, then? If not, PLEASE give us a cite. Where have "outrageous demands" been met? If you can't give us evidence, that leaves you with a complaint about what someone was saying, i.e. questioning someone's right to speak freely.

This has nothing to do with "freedom of speech". When I get off an airplane and I have a bottle of booze and someone else has a service dog and muslim cabbies will not pick us up, are muslims in the wrong or not?

You're still begging the question. What accommodations? Where have they had "great success"? I see Islamic law, customs and Mohammed bashed here all the time.

Certainly you see Islamic bashing around here because of the anonymity of the internet. I would never bash Islam in public (in the mass media).

It may be shariah law, but the question remains, is it being applied in the U.S.? Would it be a legitimate defense for murder? Once again, you haven't shown how it's being applied.

There are only a few cases so far, but there will be more

zombie mohammed - Google Search

This has nothing to do with "freedom of speech". When I get off an airplane and I have a bottle of booze and someone else has a service dog and muslim cabbies will not pick us up, are muslims in the wrong or not?

Where won't Muslim cabbies pick you up? This happened to you? You're making it sound like a common occurrence, but I see no evidence beyond anecdotes. What one cabbie may have done doesn't prove we're moving to shariah law. Was the cabbie allowed to operate that way or was he fired? I anxiously await.., THE REST OF THE STORY!

From you list:

The suggestion that Judge Martin was “applying Sharia” law in the United States is silly. He never suggested that he was applying the same standard or approved of putting people to death for insulting the Prophet. While I believe his comments were worthy of criticism, the attacks on his character and loyalty are grossly unfair.

Atheist in “Zombie Mohammed” Case Responds « JONATHAN TURLEY

Where won't Muslim cabbies pick you up? This happened to you? You're making it sound like a common occurrence, but I see no evidence beyond anecdotes. What one cabbie may have done doesn't prove we're moving to shariah law. Was the cabbie allowed to operate that way or was he fired? I anxiously await.., THE REST OF THE STORY!

The fact that it happened often with a group of cabbies in Minneapolis until it was confronted is a problem. They were told to stop it or they would be punished. They had to be forced to stop it. That's a problem we don't need in the USA. If you come here, expect to be an American first and don't discriminate.

Why do you defend discrimination?

From you list:

The suggestion that Judge Martin was “applying Sharia” law in the United States is silly. He never suggested that he was applying the same standard or approved of putting people to death for insulting the Prophet. While I believe his comments were worthy of criticism, the attacks on his character and loyalty are grossly unfair.

Atheist in “Zombie Mohammed” Case Responds « JONATHAN TURLEY
In a Halloween parade, one atheist was dressed as zombie pope, another atheist was dressed as zombie Mohammed. The atheist dressed as zombie Mohammed was attacked by a Muslim. The judge dismissed the charges and lectured the victim about insulting Islam. This is a judge in a courtroom in the US enforcing shariah law.

Okay how about this hypothetical case. A New Jersey Muslim women is caught in adultery, she is taken out and stoned to death in accordance with a court ruling. Someone on a website says that it is nonsense to say that this is application of shariah law, and therefore it is not an application of shariah law?

You want an example of shariah law in the US, yet everyone in the country must agree that it is an example of shariah law, even though many people are so afraid of Islam they don't even want to talk about it.

Last edited:

The fact that it happened often with a group of cabbies in Minneapolis until it was confronted is a problem. They were told to stop it or they would be punished. They had to be forced to stop it. That's a problem we don't need in the USA. If you come here, expect to be an American first and don't discriminate.

Why do you defend discrimination?

How am I defending discrimination? I'm just saying your claims about shariah law are overblown. All you've shown are instances of demands, but offered no evidence of a pattern of applying shariah law. People say all sorts of stupid stuff. There are people that say paying income taxes is optional. Doesn't mean the IRS is going to pay any attention to their argument.

Just tell them it's what they want for America, only "Christian". They'll understand.

Yes, they will understand just like every other ethnic group who came to America. We are a nation of laws and those laws are for everyone, regardless of your religion.

Except the right wing wants to base US law on what they imagine the Bible says.

Forum List

Back