Educating Conservatives About Sharia Law

Buford

Rookie
May 15, 2012
In a house
Matthew Schmitz, deputy editor at First Things, wrote an essay titled “Fears of Creeping Sharia” that was published at NRO on Wednesday, June 13.

The piece was striking in its willful ignorance about:

•the intrinsic nature of Sharia itself;

•the frequency and intensity of efforts by mainstream American Islamic organizations to promote Sharia in America (and we now know these are Muslim Brotherhood appendage organizations, who unfortunately do seem to represent the masses as per the only available polling data we have);

•the legal basis for American law.

Rest of article here with tons of links: PJ Media » Educating Conservatives About Sharia

I don't have a problem at all with sharia courts as courts of arbitration and kept by agreement to their own community. Sharia should NEVER, EVER be applied by our courts.

Just tell them it's what they want for America, only "Christian". They'll understand.

I don't have a problem at all with sharia courts as courts of arbitration and kept by agreement to their own community. Sharia should NEVER, EVER be applied by our courts.

The idea that it ever will seems to me a fear without any real basis in reality. Is there any actual event of this occurring or even coming close? I am doubtful.

The idea that it ever will seems to me a fear without any real basis in reality. Is there any actual event of this occurring or even coming close? I am doubtful.

There have been cases of Muslim workers demanding special breaks for prayer times even though this may require non-Muslims to work harder. This is in accordance with shariah law which views Muslims as superior and gives them special privileges over non-Muslims.

Look--I don't mind the religious taking some time to perform a religious duty if it makes you perform better. But please try to arrange it around your lunch breaks, please.

By the way, how many of you want sharia law? I guess not that many. Considering how laws are produced and enforced in America, I have nearly no fear of it being enacted here.

I can count on the American non-muslims for that.

• Banned
Just tell them it's what they want for America, only "Christian". They'll understand.

Yes, they will understand just like every other ethnic group who came to America. We are a nation of laws and those laws are for everyone, regardless of your religion.

There have been cases of Muslim workers demanding special breaks for prayer times even though this may require non-Muslims to work harder. This is in accordance with shariah law which views Muslims as superior and gives them special privileges over non-Muslims.

That wasn't the question. Demanding isn't getting.

They are demanding special treatment. That's a problem.

Yes, they will understand just like every other ethnic group who came to America. We are a nation of laws and those laws are for everyone, regardless of your religion.

Including this law?

NOAHIDE LAWS PASSED BY CONGRESS:
Here’s the Law As it Reads on the Books…

Mar. 20. 1991
[H.J Res 104] To designate March 26. 1991, as “Education Day. U. S. A.”

Whereas Congress recognizes the historical tradition of ethical values and principles which are the basis of civilized society and upon which our, great Nation was founded;
civilized society and upon which our, great Nation was founded;
Whereas these ethical values and principles have been the bedrock of society from the dawn of civilization, when they were known as the Seven Noahide Laws;

Whereas without these "ethical values" and "principles the edifice of civilization" stands in serious peril of returning to chaos; Whereas society is profoundly concerned with the recent weakening of these principles that has resulted in crises that beleaguer and threaten the fabric of civilized society; Whereas the justified preoccupation with these crises must not let the citizens of this Nation lose sight of their responsibility to transmit these historical ethical values from our distinguished past to the generations of the future;

Whereas the Lubavitch movement has fostered and promoted these "ethical values" and principles throughout the world; Whereas Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson, leader of the Lubavitch movement, is universally respected and revered and his eighty-ninth birthday falls on March 26, 1991: Whereas in tribute to this great spiritual leader,(?) “the rebbe”, this, his ninetieth year will be seen as one of “education and giving”, the year in which we turn to education and charity to return the world to the moral and ethical values contained in the Seven Noahide Laws: and Whereas this will be reflected in an international scroll of honor signed by the President of the United States and other heads of state: Now, therefore, be it Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That March 26, 1991, the start of the ninetieth year of Rabbi Menachem Schneerson, leader of the worldwide Lutbavitch movement. is designated as “Education Day. U.S.A.”. The President is requested to issue a proclamation calling upon the people of the United States to observe such day with appropriate ceremonies and activities.

Source link:NOAHIDE LAWS PASSED BY CONGRESS-1991 Death by Guillotine « I See

Over time they will win concessions, they have already won some.

Mormons knock on doors, and evangelicals use television, and then there is the group that hands out flowers at airports. Different religions use different tactics.

What Muslims do is to push for as much political influence or control as possible. Concessions lead to more demands. They try to gain special status on the job and in prisons and other institutions. They promote halal food, which is sometimes sold to non-Muslims without labeling. They try to silence any criticism of Islam and on that part of Islamic law they have already had great success.

Say hello to the Seven Universal Laws of Man as listed by the Talmud (Sanh. 56a):

Prohibition of Idolatry
Prohibition of Murder
Prohibition of Theft
Prohibition of Sexual Promiscuity
Prohibition of Blasphemy
Prohibition of Cruelty to Animals
Requirement to have Just Laws: You shall set up an effective judiciary to enforce the preceding six laws fairly.

These laws along with those who promote them, are telling people there are two sets of laws. One for the Jews (Yahudim) and the other for Gentiles (goyim). We know this is not Scriptural because we are told:
“There is one Torah for the native-born and for the stranger who sojourns among you.” (Ex. 12:49)

This is the reason the Noahide laws are dangerous! These laws are growing at an alarming rate. You see, to the average Christian they are saved by Grace and not of works. Whereas others believe, the Jews have the law and are in no need of a Savour! The following appeared in, “San Antonio fundamentalist battles anti-Semitism,” Houston Chronicle, April 30, 1988”:

“John Hagee, fundamentalist pastor from San Antonio and friend of Israel…He also believes that Jews can come to God without going through Jesus Christ… trying to convert Jews is a ‘waste of time,’ he said. ‘The Jewish person who has his roots in Judaism is not going to convert to Christianity. There is no form of Christian evangelism that has failed so miserably as evangelizing the Jewish people. They (already) have a faith structure.’ Everyone else, whether Buddhist or Baha’i, needs to believe in Jesus, he says. But not the Jewish people. Jews already have a covenant with God that has never been replaced by Christianity, he says.”

The Noahide Laws are growing in popularity. They have even reached the U. S. Congress:

“The U.S. Congress officially recognized the Noahide Laws in legislation that was passed by both houses. Congress and the President of the U. S., George Bush, indicated in Public Law 102-14, 102nd Congress, that the United States of America was founded upon the Seven Universal Laws of Noah, and that these Laws have been the bedrock of society from the dawn of civilization. They also acknowledged that the Seven Laws of Noah are the foundation upon which civilization stands and that recent weakening of these principles threaten the fabric of civilized society, and that justified preoccupation in educating the Citizens of the U.S. of America and future generations is needed. For this purpose, this Public Law designated March 26, 1991 as Education Day.”

Well…isn’t that just sneaky! And here we thought the U.S. was founded on the top Ten. Oops, guess we were wrong, huh? Sadly, this is not just for the state of Yisra’el (Israel) or even the U. S., but for the whole world:

"This obligation, to teach all the peoples of the earth about the Laws of Noah, is incumbent upon every individual in every era" (Mishnah Torah, Law of Kings 8:10).

Do you want to live in Yisra’el (Israel)? If so, are you prepared to sign forms giving your allegiance to these counterfeit Ten Commandments?

Noahide laws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Muslims at airports who refuse to pick up anyone with a dog or a bottle of liquor. Muslims who work at checkout counters and refuse to handle pork products. Muslim women who refuse to remove face coverings for a driver's license picture. On and on and on. This is not random. This is organized.

COMING JEWISH 'UTOPIA' RULED BY NOAHIDE LAWS

Most of the world's great religions teach that their own way will prevail in the end. Muslims believe the whole world will someday accept their one God, Allah, and Mohammed as his prophet. Most Christians believe that in a coming "millennium" Christ will firmly yet benevolently rule a restored and enlightened world. Religious Jews also await their future triumph, promised by the Talmud. They keenly anticipate the messiah they believe will exalt the Jewish people and Hebraic monotheism to dominate the nations.
The Encyclopedia Judaica says hope in the coming Jewish messiah is intense, especially among Orthodox Jews in Israel: "Orthodoxy retains unimpaired the traditional doctrine…Among Orthodox rabbis, there is no lack of speculation on the meaning of contemporary events in light of the messianic hope." ("Messiah," p. 1416)

In this ideal Jewish world, what happens to the rest of us? What is the status of Gentiles, especially Christians? The Babylonian Talmud, the highest ethical and religious guide for observant Jews, says Gentiles can join Judaism as proselytes today or in the future messianic kingdom, as long as they sincerely follow seven commandments. These “Noahide laws,” says the Talmud, form the basic moral code God gave Adam; they prohibit idolatry, blasphemy, murder, theft, “illicit relations,” eating meat with blood, and “failing to establish courts of justice.”

Medieval Jewish authority Maimonides, whose work remains highly influential, wrote in his 12th century work the Mishneh Torah that Gentiles should be compelled by Jews to practice Noahide law. In a recent article for the Jewish Press, America’s largest independent Jewish weekly, Rabbi Moshe Ben-Chaim says Gentiles can be improved just like Jews, but only through conversion.

“The Noachide laws,” writes the rabbi, “are the bare essentials that entitle a human being to retain his right to life.” Remember he is speaking of Gentiles as well as Jews and, yes, he said right to life. Ben-Chaim cites Isaiah’s prophecy that someday Gentiles will flock to Jerusalem to “learn Torah.” Jews must encourage this mass conversion, he says, by refusing to voice acceptance for other religions. “No, that deludes gentiles into believing we view their religions on par with Torah,” the rabbi writes. “Judaism views all other religions as imposters, since no other religion was God-given… Again, God said, “One Torah…for yourselves, and the convert.” This means no other laws are acceptable, for any people.”

Rest can be read at source link:NPN Email Alert

No it isn't. People make for demands special treatment all the time for all sorts of reasons. I want evidence of the APPLICATION of sharia law.

Mormons knock on doors, and evangelicals use television, and then there is the group that hands out flowers at airports. Different religions use different tactics.

What Muslims do is to push for as much political influence or control as possible. Concessions lead to more demands. They try to gain special status on the job and in prisons and other institutions. They promote halal food, which is sometimes sold to non-Muslims without labeling. They try to silence any criticism of Islam and on that part of Islamic law they have already had great success.

You're still begging the question. What accommodations? Where have they had "great success"? I see Islamic law, customs and Mohammed bashed here all the time.

No it isn't. People make for demands special treatment all the time for all sorts of reasons. I want evidence of the APPLICATION of sharia law.

There is plenty and I'll get it for you.

Now why did muslim cab drivers refuse to pick up people at airports if they had a dog or a bottle of booze? Why do muslims who work at stores refuse to handle pork products?

That is demanding special treatment. The USA is a nation where everyone is treated the same. Muslims need to get used to it or move.

You're still begging the question. What accommodations? Where have they had "great success"? I see Islamic law, customs and Mohammed bashed here all the time.

No kidding. Islamic law, customs, and Mohammed deserve to be bashed just as any other ridiculous backwards culture.

Certainly you see Islamic bashing around here because of the anonymity of the internet. I would never bash Islam in public (in the mass media).

They will kill you for that, and that is shariah law.

Forum List

Back