“Educate, collaborate, AGITATE!”: Alinsky’s teacher corps

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
By Michelle Malkin • March 1, 2011 10:49 AM

ZZ0250DCA4.jpg

I’ll get to the above image in the moment. First, a few refreshers.

In 2009, I noted that Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals was a featured item on the National Education Association reading list.

I reminded you of Weather Underground terrorist and FOO (Friend of Obama) Bill Ayers’ 2006 speech at the World Economic Forum in Caracas, Venezuela, in which he declared education “the motor-force of revolution” while singing dictator Hugo Chavez’s praises.

This blog has documented the radical activism of President Obama’s White House Teaching Fellows; the overzealousness of public school educators who have turned classrooms into Obama campaign offices; the influence of the left-wing social justice crusaders of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge on Team Obama; and the activist tradition of government schools using students as junior lobbyists to pressure legislators for higher education spending, pro-illegal immigration protests, gay marriage, environmental propaganda, and anti-war causes.

And I’ve been telling you about more and more rank-and-file teachers speaking out against the prog power of their unions.

Well, here’s one more: The above image was sent to me by retired New York teacher Vinnie Cusimano. He writes: “I have been a teacher for 32+ years, retired several years, and am STUCK in the union dues…I dislike most of the union activities and usually throw out their papers. This one caught my attention and instead of having dinner, I copied this thing with OUTRAGE… You have to read the cover of the paper… “Defend What Matters, Educate, Collaborate, AGITATE.” Where are we going? …[E]ncouraging intelligent people to “AGITATE” in the streets???”

My favorite part of the image: The description of the New York teachers’ union as a “union of professionals.”

read it all here.
Michelle Malkin

Union of professional what? LOL

interestingly, i don't think anyone has a kid here in a nyc public school besides me. and my son's done extraordinarily well..... do some teachers suck? yes. but some people in every profession suck.

and if you think nyc teachers aren't, for the most part, professional, then you really haven't had experience with them. it's very easy to give a knee-jerk, rightwing talking point response.

people who say stupid things about public schools generally want to dismantle those schools in favor of places where kids can be taught that there's no such thing as evolution; that the world is 6,000 years old; and be allowed to have school prayer. oh yeah... and be told that gays are aberrations, can't forget that one.

and if michelle mouthkin said it, then you know it's untrue, meanspirited and pure hackery. the fact that it was posted by steffie baby only proves that.

interestingly, i don't think anyone has a kid here in a nyc public school besides me. and my son's done extraordinarily well..... do some teachers suck? yes. but some people in every profession suck.

and if you think nyc teachers aren't, for the most part, professional, then you really haven't had experience with them. it's very easy to give a knee-jerk, rightwing talking point response.

people who say stupid things about public schools generally want to dismantle those schools in favor of places where kids can be taught that there's no such thing as evolution; that the world is 6,000 years old; and be allowed to have school prayer. oh yeah... and be told that gays are aberrations, can't forget that one.

and if michelle mouthkin said it, then you know it's untrue, meanspirited and pure hackery. the fact that it was posted by steffie baby only proves that.

It was a joke, mo chara. I have a great deal of respect for teachers. The majority are hard working, decent, intelligent people. I think we owe it to them to find a better way to ensure we support them properly.

I don't have a lot of time, as you know, for talking heads... I have no interest in Malkin's opinions.... I prefer to form my own.

It was a joke, mo chara. I have a great deal of respect for teachers. The majority are hard working, decent, intelligent people. I think we owe it to them to find a better way to ensure we support them properly.

I don't have a lot of time, as you know, for talking heads... I have no interest in Malkin's opinions.... I prefer to form my own.

i know. but the o/p doesn't. so we shouldn't encourage her ignorance.

and until we "find a better way to ensure we support them properly" (which would be fine with me), the only thing that does is their collective bargaining.

i know. but the o/p doesn't. so we shouldn't encourage her ignorance.

and until we "find a better way to ensure we support them properly" (which would be fine with me), the only thing that does is their collective bargaining.

good gawd Jilly. it was a damn article. you sure have become a bitter old hag over the years.
the article said NOTHING about not supporting the teachers. I work in a damn shcool for crying out loud. It shows the propaganda the Unions are using.

grow the hell up

New Topics

Forum List

Back