EDNOS, Anorexia, Bulima

No need to pick a 'winner.' All of them are problems worth addressing.

Do you think it is as much of a problem as obesity?

Are you waiting 15 posts to sell something in a link, or is this a serious question?

Many girls have died from anorexia.

I had a roommate in college with bulimia that was so bad her hair and teeth were falling out from her throwing up all the time. Her parents finally put her in a "place" where she could get the help she needed.

Are you waiting 15 posts to sell something in a link, or is this a serious question?

I had a roommate in college with bulimia that was so bad her hair and teeth were falling out from her throwing up all the time. Her parents finally put her in a "place" where she could get the help she needed.

Serious question. I would never take advantage of such a serious subject.

Well then, what are your thoughts on this?

anorexic.jpg

or

obese-aerobics.jpg

Make a poll. :thup:

Easy is as easy does gxnelson.

anorexic.jpg

or

obese-aerobics.jpg

At least the overweight girl in the second pic is exercising!

The first gal looks like she just came from a death camp....unreal how the fashion world perpetrates the myth of "skinny" to look fashionable. At least some companies are coming to their senses-I think "DOVE" started with their ads of 'average and plus sized" women in their campaigns.

For most of us, eating right and exercising is all we need to stay fit and in shape.

But for some, they need more help when they are the extremely skinny or overweight.

Well then, what are your thoughts on this?

God, I could probably write a paper on the subject. But I'll give you a the nutshell version.

I think it's just as big of a problem, maybe bigger because the subject can be seen as taboo. Everywhere, it seems people are talking about obesity being a huge problem (no pun intended), and ways to help people, but I rarely hear about anorexia/bulimia. The only time I really hear about girls being too skinny is when it's related to models, and then it's just "these models were banned from runway because they don't weigh enough." Nothing about why behind it.

There are also many misconceived notions about anorexia/bulimia. For one, it isn't just developed because of "the media" and "society". Many people with the disease have other problems in their life, like severe depression, and suicidal tendencies. The getting skinny isn't the reason, but a symptom.

Enough ramble, but yeah.

anorexic.jpg

or

obese-aerobics.jpg

At least the overweight girl in the second pic is exercising!

The first gal looks like she just came from a death camp....unreal how the fashion world perpetrates the myth of "skinny" to look fashionable. At least some companies are coming to their senses-I think "DOVE" started with their ads of 'average and plus sized" women in their campaigns.

For most of us, eating right and exercising is all we need to stay fit and in shape.

But for some, they need more help when they are the extremely skinny or overweight.

I think people have always made their choices to overdo. I know I have. :) History shows that there were many diverse physical ailments that came from overeating and many of the rich had those ailments and that these issues crossed over cultural and religious lines.

I think there will always be some who chose to follow and die of anorexia/bulimia and some from overeating. It's a choice. Just as if this were a poll. It's good to live where one is able to make those choice, but I don't think it's the governments fault for my choices. The media is a form of control (estate) that also needs checks and balances. Throw the bums out!

Who then minds the hen-house?

fatanimals03.jpg

A fat hen.

I chose fat hens and not skinny chickens. :D

Last edited:
A) That 'super skinny model' pic looks photoshopped

B) Bulimia/Anorexia are not a choice any more than depression or bipolar disorder are

C) The threat to our nation from obesity cannot be overstated

A) That 'super skinny model' pic looks photoshopped

B) Bulimia/Anorexia are not a choice any more than depression or bipolar disorder are

C) The threat to our nation from obesity cannot be overstated

I agree with A and C, but bulimia/anorexia is a choice.

no. it's not a choice. it's an illness. but you can choose to address your problems or not... same as any other illness.

eating disorders have nothing to do with weight... they have to do with control. so you find bulimia and anorexia a lot in people who want to be "perfect" in their lives, but, obviously fail at that perfection, so use food, which they can control.

They are all eating disorders and eating disorders are not a choice. All deserve the same attention from the medical field.

no. it's not a choice. it's an illness. but you can choose to address your problems or not... same as any other illness.

eating disorders have nothing to do with weight... they have to do with control. so you find bulimia and anorexia a lot in people who want to be "perfect" in their lives, but, obviously fail at that perfection, so use food, which they can control.

It is an illness, a disease. But it starts off as a choice. Later it becomes something more, it morphs into an addiction.
But in a way you sort of contradict yourself. If it is something that comes about because of the need of control, then they make it a choice to control the amount of food they eat. At first.

Forum List

Back