Editorial Alert: The Whining President

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Editorial: Opinion. Not facts.

RealClearPolitics - The Unhappy President

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. Samson

Samson Póg Mo Thóin Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,210
    Obama is far out of his depth.

This is a candid observation, not a criticism. I feel sorry for him. The dems should have known better and I blame the DNC for setting the poor man up. Furthermore it really irritates me that they had to pick a black guy to set up for failure.

3. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    One should always be careful what one asks for. The job of POTUS has got to be by far the worst job on the planet. You are in the United States of America and you have zero freedom, zero privacy, every minute of every day is scheduled... It's a gilded cage. And this goes on, to a great degree, even after you're no longer POTUS.

Why anyone would want that job still befuddles me to this day. Why the hell they would campaign for it again renders me speechless.

4. Samson

Samson Póg Mo Thóin Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,210
    The only way I'd do it is if I knew I'd only be there 4 years, and I'd just say any fucking thing that crossed my mind, and do crazy shit like fly to Dallas and ride around in an open convertible.

5. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    I feel the same way. I feel very sorry for Obama. He was billed as Much more than he can deliver. He is as you say far out of his depth.

I also feel for Blacks in General. Was a wonderful thing to see a black finally in the WH, only to see him fail miserably. I am sure they were hoping for a better performance out of their first president.

6. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    1 Word.

Power.

7. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There are NO conditions in which I would do it. Or even consider it. I love my personal freedom and privacy way too much.

8. edthecynic

edthecynic Censored for Cynicism

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,678
    Goldgerg is notorious for pathological lies scripted by the GOP passed off as worthless opinion.

CLOSE ENCOUNTERS: IS AL GORE AN ALIEN?
    by Jonah Goldberg

"While touring Monticello, Gore asked a guide, “Who are these people?” while pointing at statues of Thomas Jefferson, John Adams and Ben Franklin."

9. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    I would simply do and say what I felt was right. Fuck what people think of it. If I win a second term cool, if not so be it.

I have long advocated for a change to Presidential Terms. Instead of 2 possible 4 year terms. Which leads to a president fearful to do what he really wants in the first 4 Years, and unafraid of doing anything in the Second. Not to mention a president campaigning for the first 4 years. What I would do is have us elect a president who could in theory serve for life. Every 2 or 4 years or so we would hold a national Vote of Confidence or No Confidence on the President. If a majority voted no confidence, we would then have another Election to pick a new President.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  10. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    The POTUS really is one of the most powerless figures in our government. The old saw of "the most powerful man in the world" just isn't true.

BUT, I do see what you're saying. The quest for and desire for power might very well be the motivator for some. Then, after they got what they asked for - they find out it's not nearly the power position they thought it was.