Editing A Resume for A Friend of Mine in Japan

Warrior102

Gold Member
May 22, 2011
Trying to get a job on Naval Base Yokosuka. He's retired Navy - living over there. Eleven pages of resume??? My God - no wonder out government is so fucked-up....

Trying to get a job on Naval Base Yokosuka. He's retired Navy - living over there. Eleven pages of resume??? My God - no wonder out government is so fucked-up....

I'm trying to make the connection between eleven pages of resume and the US government being fuked up. What's the point here?

A friend of yours and an 11 page resume is not surprising. 20 years service and 20 Capt's Masts require a good deal of spin. How do you spin your 'special relationship' with him?

You can't have 11 pages for your resume, nobody reads that shit. I talked to people who do the hiring and firing and any resume longer than a page really never gets ready, and a 11 page resume like your friends would be thrown in the dust bin.

it sounds like warbler doesn't know the difference between a job application and a resume.

color me stunned.

a resume longer than a page goes in the round file

it sounds like warbler doesn't know the difference between a job application and a resume.

color me stunned.

a resume longer than a page goes in the round file

Yup, it sure does. When I first got out of the Military I thought the bigger your resume was the better but I quickly found out thats not true, anything longer than a page goes in the dust bin.

You can't have 11 pages for your resume, nobody reads that shit. I talked to people who do the hiring and firing and any resume longer than a page really never gets ready, and a 11 page resume like your friends would be thrown in the dust bin.

I agree - see post 11
Usajobs is THE WORST!!!!

Civilian resume - 2 pages
Government resume - 11 pages

Are you trying to say the government demands 11 pages of resume? Isn't it his choice to submit 11 pages?

Its a usajobs resume
The most complicated online job search/application process I have ever seen

Oh I know what you mean, I had to do that before several times and yes it is a real pain in the ass. It takes forever to hear back from the agencies as well.

I agree - see post 11
Usajobs is THE WORST!!!!

I have a friend of mine who works a Federal job in Sacramento and he works in a section where these applications are processed, he told me the applications go into a system and are broken down by points, nobody even reads those. If you are applying for a job you have to put down you are an expert on all the questions they ask you otherwise your application won't even make it past the screening process.

Forum List

Back