Eden Garden of the GodS

No one has complete information. There will always be things people take on faith.
Wrong, not me. I don't need "complete information" to make an evidence based determination, because I am not then making the claim to be 100% correct. I am simply making a bet, based on the information I do have, so that I can move on to the next determination. I know I may he wrong, and may even accept a large chance that I am wrong. This is NOTHING like your faith in magic .

Things Fort Fun trusts on a daily basis without evidence.

Himself
His family and friends
Most if not all of the earth
The sun
His immediate surroundings
His mind and presupposed mode of thought which is evidenced by every post he makes

Thank you that you for proving that you take many things on faith.
Damn you are weird. I clearly stated and argued precisely the opposite. Yet, without a whit of argument, you declare I proved otherwise. No doubt this skill for shameless lying and self-delusion is tied to your belief in hilaruously stupid magical bullshit.

Last edited:
I , of course, trust things precisely because of evidence, and by that evidence things and people and ideas earn my trust. Sorry, but you are just going to have to accept the fact that your magical faith does not go on the same shelf as evidence based determinations. In fact, this is a fact inherent in the definition so these terms. Stop being a freak.

I , of course, trust things precisely because of evidence, and by that evidence things and people and ideas earn my trust. Sorry, but you are just going to have to accept the fact that your magical faith does not go on the same shelf as evidence based determinations. In fact, this is a fact inherent in the definition so these terms. Stop being a freak.

That he won't die in his sleep
That he will wake up, able to breathe, walk, work, and survive another day
That the sun will rise and set
That he understands science
That his car won't break down on the way to work
That he won't be in a fatal crash
That he won't be a victim of a crime
That CO2 drives climate change

I am doing things like discussing god with believers to see if there's anything concrete I can latch onto.

Great. Latch onto this.. You want to see God? Purify your own mind and be refined.

People have lived and died for thousands of years praying to God for the kind of help that you have already been given and never got it.

You want to feel good about yourself? Tired of being miserable? Strive to become a better person.

Whether you listen or don't listen, believe this, I really don't give a fuck. My hands have been washed clean.

Unlike you there are many more who have spent a lifetime in preparation, doing what you haven't even begun to do, who won't hesitate to embrace a better way.
"Great. Latch onto this.. You want to see God? Purify your own mind and be refined." Kinda like self-hypnosis. No thanks. Btw, my mind is already pure. Too bad for you.

Thats great! Good to hear.. you kidder, you.

You had me convinced that you were a gnarled little wart hiding behind the door of dark and dingy room, oozing bile and giving off putrid smells.
Naw, that smell must be coming from your place. :biggrin:

OK Taz, I know that you thought that you have heard it all before and based on what I know that you have already heard I would be standing right along with you throwing rotten tomatoes as people who have confused faith with obstinate stupidity if I have not discovered many things of great value hidden in those stories, knowledge invaluable to good mental health and a fruitful and fulfilled life.

So what exactly is your problem with digging through the clutter in your mind to rid yourself of the burden of whatever infantile emotional resentments and false information that has resulted in the exact opposite of good mental health and a fruitful and fulfilled life?

If you are open to the possibility of a superior intelligence, what people call God, why would you not be open to doing what is necessary for your brain to function as intended in order to perceive God?

Its not like that by increasing your intelligence quotient you are going to have to give up any of the things you already love about life. Without confusion your experience of life would only be better.... sheesh.

Last edited:
I like the literature-------but then----I also like the ancient greek plays----both Aeschylus
and Aristophanes

I am doing things like discussing god with believers to see if there's anything concrete I can latch onto.

Great. Latch onto this.. You want to see God? Purify your own mind and be refined.

People have lived and died for thousands of years praying to God for the kind of help that you have already been given and never got it.

You want to feel good about yourself? Tired of being miserable? Strive to become a better person.

Whether you listen or don't listen, believe this, I really don't give a fuck. My hands have been washed clean.

Unlike you there are many more who have spent a lifetime in preparation, doing what you haven't even begun to do, who won't hesitate to embrace a better way.
"Great. Latch onto this.. You want to see God? Purify your own mind and be refined." Kinda like self-hypnosis. No thanks. Btw, my mind is already pure. Too bad for you.

You had me convinced that you were a gnarled little wart hiding behind the door of dark and dingy room, oozing bile and giving off putrid smells.

OK Taz, I know that you thought that you have heard it all before and based on what I know that you have already heard I would be standing right along with you throwing rotten tomatoes as people who have confused faith with obstinate stupidity if I have not discovered many things of great value hidden in those stories, knowledge invaluable to good mental health and a fruitful and fulfilled life.

So what exactly is your problem with digging through the clutter in your mind to rid yourself of the burden of whatever infantile emotional resentments and false information that has resulted in the exact opposite of good mental health and a fruitful and fulfilled life?

If you are open to the possibility of a superior intelligence, what people call God, why would you not be open to doing what is necessary for your brain to function as intended in order to perceive God?

Its not like that by increasing your intelligence quotient you are going to have to give up any of the things you already love about life. Without confusion your experience of life would only be better.... sheesh.

You should have to use self-hypnosis to find a real god.

Does your god constantly belittle others? Or is it just you? In which case, do you think that this is gaining you points with said god?

You should have to use self-hypnosis to find a real god.

Does your god constantly belittle others? Or is it just you? In which case, do you think that this is gaining you points with said god?

Screw you Taz.. Save the juvenile "you can't make me admit the obvious" routine for someone else.

A person doesn't even have to believe in God or any deity or religion to see the wisdom in cleansing your own mind from all irrational thoughts, infantile emotions, and false information that would be a cause of stumbling in thought and perception that would adversely affect the quality of your own life.

As it is you do not see evidence for God anywhere you look. Cleanse your mind from every perversion and you will see evidence of God everywhere you look. Its as simple as that.

If you think that by doing nothing your life can't get any more screwed up than its already been, you are sadly mistaken.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back