Ed Schultz: Cain is pandering to white Republicans

art_obama_protest_sign_cnn.jpg

You're a street shitter.

Hi, Jackson. Thank you for your interest in my post. Here is the question as I understand it:

Question: How would Cain's statements appeal to people (subsequently referred to as "racists") who actively dislike black people?

I think it is clear that statements which tend to make black people as a whole look bad would be particularly appealing to racists. Consider Cain's statements:

"A lot of these liberal, leftist folk in this country, that are black, they're more racist than the white people that they're claiming to be racist."

This statement is about "a lot" of black liberals. Most blacks are left of center, (they're about ten times more likely to be Democrats than Republicans Republican Base Heavily White, Conservative, Religious). By calling them racist, Cain can be plausibly seen as criticizing the black community, which as I've said I think has a clear appeal for racists. He also defends white people who are accused of being racists. Since racists are more likely to be called racist, this too doubtless holds appeal for them.

Cain also said that he didn't "believe there is racism in this country today that holds anybody back in a big way." Given the demonstrable problems in the black community (education, income, life expectancy disparities) someone must be to blame for them. If it is non-blacks, then we can blame racism. Otherwise, we must blame the black community itself. Thus, when Cain denies the significance of racism he not only again indemnifies actual racists, he also implicitly blames blacks for the problems in their community. Again, this should appeal to racists.

Thus, regardless of whether Cain's remarks are true or fair (I don't think they are) or whether they can appeal to non-racists (I think they can) I think it is clear that they hold more appeal to people who dislike black people than to people who like black people.

Of course he also makes many remarks that hold no particular appeal to racists. A few, most prominently his criticism of Perry for the name of the hunting cabin, probably were particularly unappealing to racists.
Problems in the black community that you mentioned are not caused by racism or rich white Republicans. They are caused by one parent families, lack of desire for a good education, disrespect for the law and an entitlement attitude. The same factors cause poverty among whites as well.
The disparity in poverty per capita by race, is more a cultural problem than one of race.
Men like Herman Cain, Walter Williams, Thomas Sowell, Robert Johnson, Spike Lee, Sean Combs and barack obama all came from modest means and became wealthy and accomplished. Why? Because they availed themselves of an education, followed the rules and worked their asses off to accomplish their goals. Several of these men came up when it was a lot tougher than than it is now, but overcame the vestiges of the old racism.
It's much easier today, yet fewer black kids grow up in 2 parent families, more black kids are in the penal system, fewer black kids graduate high school and more grow up under one or more entitlement programs.
My daddy told me that if I wanted the American dream, I'd have to work my ass off for it. Try it. It works.

I did, it did and I still think white conservatives are racist pieces of shit.

So white Conservatives told you that if you worked hard, got an education, you could be successful. You listened and it worked. Congratulations! Seems to me, if you could get past your racism, you'd vote Conservative.

And barack obama is the articulate clean guy Democrats elected to assuage their post racial guilt.
obama is the left's token black. Cain is a Conservative candidate with a message that resonates with a great many people that just happens to be black.
Herman Cain would be a major Conservative voice even if he was white. If barack obama was white, he would be a bartender in Honolulu.

So Dems have "post racial guilt" with Obama, but Cain isn't white conservative post racial guilt?

How many bartenders are Harvard Law graduates?
He wouldn't have gotten into Harvard if he was white.
I wouldn't call Cain's popularity post racial guilt, maybe a " Here's a black guy with some substance".

Yeah, substance. He was CEO of a company that uses a negative stereotype to sell Italian food. He is a white man's ******, a Black that Republicans can 'trust'. If he had lighter skin, he would be perfect.

So Dems have "post racial guilt" with Obama, but Cain isn't white conservative post racial guilt?

I wouldn't call Cain's popularity post racial guilt, maybe a " Here's a black guy with some substance".

Yeah, substance. He was CEO of a company that uses a negative stereotype to sell Italian food. He is a white man's ******, a Black that Republicans can 'trust'. If he had lighter skin, he would be perfect.

Is that an official statement from racist democrats and you?

The black man the dimwits trust in the white house has been a big disappointment, and a racist.

He's right. Blacks are brainwashed. The only reason you hate him is he's a Republican. If that's not brain washed I don't know what the fuck is. Brainwashed and dumb as a box of rocks.

Hi, Jackson. Thank you for your interest in my post. Here is the question as I understand it:

Question: How would Cain's statements appeal to people (subsequently referred to as "racists") who actively dislike black people?

I think it is clear that statements which tend to make black people as a whole look bad would be particularly appealing to racists. Consider Cain's statements:

"A lot of these liberal, leftist folk in this country, that are black, they're more racist than the white people that they're claiming to be racist."

This statement is about "a lot" of black liberals. Most blacks are left of center, (they're about ten times more likely to be Democrats than Republicans Republican Base Heavily White, Conservative, Religious). By calling them racist, Cain can be plausibly seen as criticizing the black community, which as I've said I think has a clear appeal for racists. He also defends white people who are accused of being racists. Since racists are more likely to be called racist, this too doubtless holds appeal for them.

Cain also said that he didn't "believe there is racism in this country today that holds anybody back in a big way." Given the demonstrable problems in the black community (education, income, life expectancy disparities) someone must be to blame for them. If it is non-blacks, then we can blame racism. Otherwise, we must blame the black community itself. Thus, when Cain denies the significance of racism he not only again indemnifies actual racists, he also implicitly blames blacks for the problems in their community. Again, this should appeal to racists.

Thus, regardless of whether Cain's remarks are true or fair (I don't think they are) or whether they can appeal to non-racists (I think they can) I think it is clear that they hold more appeal to people who dislike black people than to people who like black people.

Of course he also makes many remarks that hold no particular appeal to racists. A few, most prominently his criticism of Perry for the name of the hunting cabin, probably were particularly unappealing to racists.
Problems in the black community that you mentioned are not caused by racism or rich white Republicans. They are caused by one parent families, lack of desire for a good education, disrespect for the law and an entitlement attitude. The same factors cause poverty among whites as well.
The disparity in poverty per capita by race, is more a cultural problem than one of race.
Men like Herman Cain, Walter Williams, Thomas Sowell, Robert Johnson, Spike Lee, Sean Combs and barack obama all came from modest means and became wealthy and accomplished. Why? Because they availed themselves of an education, followed the rules and worked their asses off to accomplish their goals. Several of these men came up when it was a lot tougher than than it is now, but overcame the vestiges of the old racism.
It's much easier today, yet fewer black kids grow up in 2 parent families, more black kids are in the penal system, fewer black kids graduate high school and more grow up under one or more entitlement programs.
My daddy told me that if I wanted the American dream, I'd have to work my ass off for it. Try it. It works.

I did, it did and I still think white conservatives are racist pieces of shit.
Some of the biggest racists I know are black, and libtards. I would vote for Cain in a heartbeat. Better than what we have in office now.

Rascist asshole.

Herman Cain is the "black friend" that white conservatives use to offset their racist bullshit.

Oh, brother... lol!

Conservatives have yet to show that they will turn out in large numbers to vote for a black candidate. The party of middle aged, white men has to do more than just shout rhetoric that they will vote for Cain....they actually have to do it

Until that time....he is just a "black friend" that they trot out to prove they are not racist

Last edited:
I already put her in the street shitter category.

She's just pissed that some Democrats are moving off the plantation and becoming non-hyphenated Americans.

Imagine if they become successful or learn proper English democrats line up to yell uncle tom.

Does anyone around here remember Christopher Darden? If you don't know research him. He was treated very badly by the black racist democrats. Just like Clarence Thomas.

Herman Cain is the "black friend" that white conservatives use to offset their racist bullshit.

Oh, brother... lol!

Conservatives hae yet to show that they will turn out in large numbers to vote for a black candidate. The party of middle aged, white men has to do more than just shout rhetoric that they will vote for Cain....they actually have to do it

Until that time....he is just a "black friend" that they trot out to prove they are not racist
Funny...they don't care of the melatonin content jackass. Content of CHARACTER.

Oh, brother... lol!

Conservatives hae yet to show that they will turn out in large numbers to vote for a black candidate. The party of middle aged, white men has to do more than just shout rhetoric that they will vote for Cain....they actually have to do it

Funny...they don't care of the melatonin content jackass. Content of CHARACTER.

Prove it

Show me Cain going out and winning any Primary in any state and then we can talk about Character

If Cain actually wins any state.....That would be the first time in my adult life that I am really proud of Conservatives

New Topics

Forum List

Back