Ed Koch about Palin: (Democrats) are nuts if they think she's dumb; she's very smart"

Ahhh. So when he bashes Palin, that's what he REALLY thinks.

And I'm sure you don't make that judgement simply because you agree with his old characterization. :lol:

There's nothing incompatible with the 2 statements.

Then you agree with Ed that she's a smart woman?

He only cited the 'fact' that she 'wrote' a book that was a big seller to support his contention that she's smart. That's not incompatible with his previous statements.

Then you agree with Ed that she's a smart woman?

He only cited the 'fact' that she 'wrote' a book that was a big seller to support his contention that she's smart. That's not incompatible with his previous statements.
so, you agree with his statement now that she is smart?

She's a fucking loon. That she might be capable of helping someone write a book about her doesn't prove she's smart.

She's a fucking loon. That she might be capable of helping someone write a book about her doesn't prove she's smart.
you are clearly missing the point of what Koch said

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ROTFLMAO

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtcVMTZkTZQ]YouTube - Sarah Palin READS CHEAT NOTES on her HAND[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrzXLYA_e6E]YouTube - Sarah Mania! Sarah Palin's Greatest Hits[/ame]

I think he's saying that she's smart in exploiting her celebrity. I don't think he's retracting his previous view that:

"Sarah Palin is a plucky, exciting candidate, but when her record is examined, she fails miserably with respect to her views on the domestic issues that are so important to the people of the U.S., and to me. Frankly, it would scare me if she were to succeed John McCain in the presidency."

Like I said...leftists see what they believe.

No I see the facts. Some of us are actually capable of research.

Koch ALSO said, in October of 2008, within a month of my original post of his quote that she scares him:

However, I also think that Palin's performance during the debate with Joe Biden made clear to America that she is no rube, but rather an intelligent, thoughtful person who clearly is not as knowledgeable as her opponent Joe Biden, particularly on foreign affairs. She deserves the media's respect, instead of its mockery and efforts to destroy her by their clear distain.

Interestingly, highly intelligent women friends of mine who support Barack Obama, as I do, were horrified when I told them of my views and that I was writing this commentary. Their position is not to give Palin any credit. They believe McCain disgraced himself by choosing her and that she is not worthy to hold the vice presidency. I agree that Joe Biden is a far worthier and more qualified candidate. But I also believe it is Palin's conservative positions that appall many people than anything else.

So as I said, and I was right and you were wrong, there is nothing incompatible in Koch's statements from 2008 and the present.

RealClearPolitics - Articles - Palin Deserves to Be Treated with Respect

In fact, as both the quotes I've sourced prove, this latest Koch remark isn't even news.

Forum List

Back