Economy's Growth Rate Revised Downward to 2.2% Pace

Umm the 3rd quarter is not yet over. Perhaps another downward adjustment will be coming?

Gee, I'm in the fourth quarter. Why are you back in September?

We are still dealing with the Third Quarter because lately the government can not figure out what the truth is about the economy, so they are revising their lies downward.

We are still dealing with the Third Quarter because lately the government can not figure out what the truth is about the economy, so they are revising their lies downward.

If the government is deliberately lying, why are they revising GDP downward? Why wouldn't they revise it upward or leave in unchanged?

If the government is deliberately lying, why are they revising GDP downward? Why wouldn't they revise it upward or leave in unchanged?
Very simple toro, the lies were so outrageous before. Now they have got to make the so called official numbers look a little bit more honest. We all know that the reports issuing from the Obama administration are all lies upon more lies, but they are trying to make the lies a little bit more realistic before they become official. Almost every economic index that is tracked has been boosted as proof that the economy is improving. The only time that they do not boost them is when they are too negative to lie about.

It is all part of a program to get fools to invest in a stock market that will tank again so the derivatives pay off for the Big Bankers. They in turn will finance the corrupt Obama administration's reelection campaigns.

Very simple toro, the lies were so outrageous before. Now they have got to make the so called official numbers look a little bit more honest. We all know that the reports issuing from the Obama administration are all lies upon more lies, but they are trying to make the lies a little bit more realistic before they become official. Almost every economic index that is tracked has been boosted as proof that the economy is improving. The only time that they do not boost them is when they are too negative to lie about.

It is all part of a program to get fools to invest in a stock market that will tank again so the derivatives pay off for the Big Bankers. They in turn will finance the corrupt Obama administration's reelection campaigns.

Why not report 1% growth initially then revise it up to 2%? Everybody knows that the preliminary number is subject to revision and is not an accurate number. It is better for the government to revise upward into the final number, not downward. Why not do that instead?

Why not report 1% growth initially then revise it up to 2%? Everybody knows that the preliminary number is subject to revision and is not an accurate number. It is better for the government to revise upward into the final number, not downward. Why not do that instead?

That thought has croosed my mind Toro. It certainly makes the government look better that way huh?

WOW!

Economy's Growth Rate Revised Downward to 2.2% Pace- AP

The U.S. economy grew slower than previously thought in the third quarter, as the recovery got off to a weaker start than official statistics estimated last month.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I told you that the statistics did not support a recovery. Now we know.

Folks, that means that the so called growth rate of the economy is less than the rate of inflation.

I.E. we are going BACKWARDS.

Real GDP is 2.2%. Real GDP is GDP adjusted for inflation. If you have no idea what the information means that you are posting why are you posting it?

WOW!

The U.S. economy grew slower than previously thought in the third quarter, as the recovery got off to a weaker start than official statistics estimated last month.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Folks, that means that the so called growth rate of the economy is less than the rate of inflation.

Real GDP is 2.2%. Real GDP is GDP adjusted for inflation. If you have no idea what the information means that you are posting why are you posting it?
I have a definite idea what the information is about. The so called Real GDP is totally bogus as it reflects artificial government spending in the economy and does not show the actual economic malaise for what it is.

As regards adjustment for inflation, I am not an economist as I have stated hundreds of times on this board. I would not know if GDP or anything else in the government data is adjusted for inflation. One need not be an economist to know that we are in serious trouble and that the numbers that are coming out of Washington are total shit.

I just post the truth. The statement you mock was just an offhand reference that even with the Government numbers, the increase in GDP is not keeping up with the rate of inflation. The fact that it is adjusted or not adjusted is not the issue. the fact that any positive number is loudly ballyhooed is the issue. Right now people have been deluded into thinking that we have decreasing unemployment insurance claims, decreasing unemployment and rapidly increasing industry, when none of that is the case.

Your attempts to flame only make you a flamer. That is a shame. For a while I though we had managed to do away with the flaming on this board. Please try to improve your act. Flaming is very immature.

Toro was the first to inform me that GDP is adjusted for inflation. I accepted his statement in good faith and as I have posted many many times, I have learned from him. I have come here to learn and share information. That does not take away from the fact that I am deeply worried about all of the dishonesty that I have seen since Obama took office. This is the most horribly corrupt administration in American history and needs to be removed now. Those guilty of criminal malfeasance in office need to be tried and executed if we are ever going to straighten out the horribly immoral attitude that has enveloped this once great land.

Last edited:
WOW!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have a definite idea what the information is about. The so called Real GDP is totally bogus as it reflects artificial government spending in the economy and does not show the actual economic malaise for what it is.

As regards adjustment for inflation, I am not an economist as I have stated hundreds of times on this board. I would not know if GDP or anything else in the government data is adjusted for inflation. One need not be an economist to know that we are in serious trouble and that the numbers that are coming out of Washington are total shit.

How do you know the numbers are total shit?

I just post the truth. The statement you mock was just an offhand reference that even with the Government numbers, the increase in GDP is not keeping up with the rate of inflation. The fact that it is adjusted or not adjusted is not the issue. the fact that any positive number is loudly ballyhooed is the issue. Right now people have been deluded into thinking that we have decreasing unemployment insurance claims, decreasing unemployment and rapidly increasing industry, when none of that is the case.

But to know that you have to know the numbers and you just said they were total shit. If you know the truth you must have an alternate means of accumulating data. What is it. BEA explains their methodology so explain your.

Your attempts to flame only make you a flamer. That is a shame. For a while I though we had managed to do away with the flaming on this board. Please try to improve your act. Flaming is very immature.

You made a false statement. How does that make me a flamer?

Toro was the first to inform me that GDP is adjusted for inflation. I accepted his statement in good faith and as I have posted many many times, I have learned from him. I have come here to learn and share information. That does not take away from the fact that I am deeply worried about all of the dishonesty that I have seen since Obama took office. This is the most horribly corrupt administration in American history and needs to be removed now. Those guilty of criminal malfeasance in office need to be tried and executed if we are ever going to straighten out the horribly immoral attitude that has enveloped this once great land.

BEA hasn't made any changes to methodology since Obama took office. If there is corruption then show it. You can't do that when you have no clue what the numbers you present actually mean.

BEA hasn't made any changes to methodology since Obama took office. If there is corruption then show it. You can't do that when you have no clue what the numbers you present actually mean.

When you go out of your way to insult people, you are flaming. That is a reality. In your sentence immediately above, you flame again by saying "you have no clue what the numbers you present actually mean." I do know what they mean. I have been learning for six decades what they mean. The reality is that most people do not know what they mean. For the last reported quarter they mean that government spending in the economy increased and the GDP numbers reflect that. They do not mean that the economy is improving as Obama would like to trick you into believing.

Total Shit? Simple, it is only indicative of the Federal deliberate manipulation in the economy. It does not reflect economic recovery by American industry or our massive service sector which is over 70% of the economy. Thus, it is total shit with respect to showing any indication towards the mythical economic recovery that the disgustingly corrupt Obama administration keep making up and yelling about. I have posted that at least a hundred times on this board.

I did not make a false statement. I made a comparison between GDP and the rate of inflation. I at no time said that GDP was not indexed to inflation. I only made a comparison and you decided to pretend that I had said that GDP was not indexed to inflation. I did not do that, and you were wrong in your assumption. With that false assumption you decided like most flamers that you would try to insult a gentleman like me who only wants to rid the world of total scumbags like Obama and the corrupt hordes that surround him. Now, if you take exception to that, you have a right to. State your exception and let's move on. For the life of me, though, I do not know why anybody who believed in honesty and morality would want to support Obama. He is the most disgusting son of a slut I have ever seen in political office.

Can the actual data be a lie? If it is false and misleading and intended to mislead, it is a lie. The GDP numbers are a lie because they are fully intended to deceive. If they were not intended to deceive, they should have issued a disclaimer that pointed out how the federal monies were effecting and falsely slewing the data. All of the news headlines coming from government offices have been intended to deceive in the past ten months. From simple things like UI numbers to Retail Sales, all of the official statements have been intended to deceive.

THERE IS NO ECONOMIC RECOVERY, NO MATTER HOW MANY INSANE LIES OBAMA AND HIS DISGUSTINGLY CORRUPT MINIONS MAKE UP. THAT SATANIC SCUMBAG NEEDS TO BE TRIED FOR HIS CRIMINAL DISHONESTY, NOT JUST BEFORE GOD, BUT BEFORE THE PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY. .

Last edited:
They were wrong again? Wow is right. Wow, that anyone would think this bunch of crooks and morons could ge it right even if they were honest.
Buy more rice, beans silver and ammo!

When you go out of your way to insult people, you are flaming. That is a reality. In your sentence immediately above, you flame again by saying "you have no clue what the numbers you present actually mean." I do know what they mean. I have been learning for six decades what they mean. The reality is that most people do not know what they mean. For the last reported quarter they mean that government spending in the economy increased and the GDP numbers reflect that. They do not mean that the economy is improving as Obama would like to trick you into believing.

Total Shit? Simple, it is only indicative of the Federal deliberate manipulation in the economy. It does not reflect economic recovery by American industry or our massive service sector which is over 70% of the economy. Thus, it is total shit with respect to showing any indication towards the mythical economic recovery that the disgustingly corrupt Obama administration keep making up and yelling about. I have posted that at least a hundred times on this board.

I did not make a false statement. I made a comparison between GDP and the rate of inflation. I at no time said that GDP was not indexed to inflation. I only made a comparison and you decided to pretend that I had said that GDP was not indexed to inflation. I did not do that, and you were wrong in your assumption. With that false assumption you decided like most flamers that you would try to insult a gentleman like me who only wants to rid the world of total scumbags like Obama and the corrupt hordes that surround him. Now, if you take exception to that, you have a right to. State your exception and let's move on. For the life of me, though, I do not know why anybody who believed in honesty and morality would want to support Obama. He is the most disgusting son of a slut I have ever seen in political office.

Can the actual data be a lie? If it is false and misleading and intended to mislead, it is a lie. The GDP numbers are a lie because they are fully intended to deceive. If they were not intended to deceive, they should have issued a disclaimer that pointed out how the federal monies were effecting and falsely slewing the data. All of the news headlines coming from government offices have been intended to deceive in the past ten months. From simple things like UI numbers to Retail Sales, all of the official statements have been intended to deceive.

THERE IS NO ECONOMIC RECOVERY, NO MATTER HOW MANY INSANE LIES OBAMA AND HIS DISGUSTINGLY CORRUPT MINIONS MAKE UP. THAT SATANIC SCUMBAG NEEDS TO BE TRIED FOR HIS CRIMINAL DISHONESTY, NOT JUST BEFORE GOD, BUT BEFORE THE PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY. .

Hats off to you! Well stated.

Forum List

Back