Economy: Question For Trump Supporter

Obama uses the same math to report 'his' economy he used to report how many jobs he 'created/saved' with his failed 'Stimulus' bill.

:p

I fault and credit the Federal Reserve for condition of economy much more than presidents. It's not just a Republican thing with me. I credit Paul Volker not Ronald Reagan for first the recession and then the recovery during the early 1980's. I do give Jimmy Carter some credit for nominating Volker.

Has unemployment and job and GDP growth gone up or down during the Obama years?

2000px-US_Employment_Statistics.svg.png

12.5.14.2.jpg

86516141b.png

OK CONS... START SPINNING, LYING and DENYING!

Weakest recovery from a recession since WWII.

LINK PROOF? STOP LYING!

Even seven years after the recession ended, the current stretch of economic gains has yielded less growth than much shorter business cycles.

In terms of average annual growth, the pace of this expansion has been by far the weakest of any since 1949. (And for which we have quarterly data.) The economy has grown at a 2.1% annual rate since the U.S. recovery began in mid-2009, according to gross-domestic-product data the Commerce Department released Friday.

upload_2016-9-29_21-30-34.png

Seven Years Later, Recovery Remains the Weakest of the Post-World War II Era

95,000,000 Americans are NOT working, which is a record.
Actually, it's 102,240,000 not working. And not a record... That was October 2013 at 102,844,000.
You are only citing those not vin the labor force and ignoring the unemployed (the labor force is employed plus unemployed).
But the number of employed, 151,614,000 is a record.

And The "Labor Participation Rate" is only 62.6% that isn't enough stupid folks actually paying taxes to keep the government functioning.
Then how did we survive before 1978? Both the labor force participation rate and the employment-population ratio now is higher than any time before 1978.

Last edited:
95,000,000 Americans are NOT working, which is a record. [/url] Actually, it's 102,240,000 not working. And not a record... That was October 2013 at 102,844,000.
You are only citing those not vin the labor force and ignoring the unemployed (the labor force is employed plus unemployed).
But the number of employed, 151,614,000 is a record.

And The "Labor Participation Rate" is only 62.6% that isn't enough stupid folks actually paying taxes to keep the government functioning.
Then how did we survive before 1978? Both the labor force participation rate and the employment-population ratio now is higher than any time before 1978.
The jobs weren't sent overseas and our borders weren't open.
Obama said he would address these in his 2nd term and didn't.
It didn't start with Obama but he simply didn't do anything.

Last edited:
Has unemployment and job and GDP growth gone up or down during the Obama years?

2000px-US_Employment_Statistics.svg.png

12.5.14.2.jpg

86516141b.png

I am not a republican.

But I guess I have to ask: Isn't the left wing always crowing about stagnant wages, raising the minimum wage (because so many need it), and the 1%. That does not seem consistent, unless you are cheering for the rich.

The question was NUMBER, not RATE.
The participation rate went up under every president until G.W. Bush and has gone down under him and Obama.

You better look at that chart again, because it took a steep decline under DumBama much more than Bush. And yes, it hit the 70's range under DumBama and isn't much better today.

Over one third of people of working age are not working nor looking for a job. This is in direct proportion of those in poverty. If you care for me to post the chart, I'll be happy to.

What this suggests is that people of working age are living on some sort of income outside of a job. What do you suppose that income is?

The participation rate went up under every president until G.W. Bush and has gone down under him and Obama.

You better look at that chart again, because it took a steep decline under DumBama much more than Bush. And yes, it hit the 70's range under DumBama and isn't much better today.
Why do I have to look at it again? What do you think I said that was inaccurate?

Over one third of people of working age are not working nor looking for a job.
which is lower than any time before 1978.
This is in direct proportion of those in poverty. If you care for me to post the chart, I'll be happy to.
The universe for labor force statistics is people age 16 and older excluding the military, those in prison, and those in an institution.
The universe for poverty statistics is age 0+ and does not exclude the military. You can't compare the two.

What this suggests is that people of working age are living on some sort of income outside of a job. What do you suppose that income is?
The majority is retirement, disability, parents or spouse. 25.5 million age 65 or older with no disability. 24.2 million disabled age 16+ 5.2 million high school students age 16-24, 7.4 million full time college students age 16-24

So that's 2/3rds accounted for right there. It would be a guess as to number of stay-home spouses and independently wealthy. Drop outs and slacker kids I could find, though...about 6.4 million age 16-24 not in school.

Remember, 88.6 million of those not in the labor force do not want a job.

You better look at that chart again, because it took a steep decline under DumBama much more than Bush.
The "steep decline" started under Bush when the Boomers started retiring, but it started declining under Bush BEFORE the Boomers started retiring. Boomers are still retiring under Obama.

Has unemployment and job and GDP growth gone up or down during the Obama years?.......

Very simply, I do not have any faith in the legitimacy of most Government statistics. Especially related to unemployment.

Has unemployment and job and GDP growth gone up or down during the Obama years?.......

Very simply, I do not have any faith in the legitimacy of most Government statistics. Especially related to unemployment.
But you have no evidence to show any reason to distrust them. It is, for all practical purposes, impossible to manipulate the statistics to a desired outcome because far too many people would have to coordinate together and there is too much oversight and sharing.

Obama has used Soviet era storming of the plan with the same catastrophic results shown mostly in food and energy deflation.

New angle of attack from previously gas-is-too-expensive! conservatives - Cheap gas is COMMUNIST!

200_s.gif

51 percent of the people that even HAVE a job make less than 30k a year.

38% make less than 20K per year

71 percent make less than 50K a year....so tell me again what a great job the Barrypuppet has done?

If you work an hour a month, you are considered "employed" by the Barrypuppet admin...so stow your stupid bullshit and try to pry your lips from the skinny shanks of the Barrypuppet.

CORPORATISM is not Obama's fault and you know it so stop lying.

BTW, Do you have any link backing your lies? Stop lying and when you make a claim provide some proof. OK? Are you too lazy to provide proof? I think you are merely a liar.

God has a place to you liars!

How old are you child? it is common Fucking knowledge.

Which is fine if you can tell us one thing that DumBama did to improve the economy.

SANE QUESTION! Congratulations, you are doing better than 95% of conservatives.

Here is some of answer:

How Have Barack Obama’s Policies Affected Economic Growth?

Stimulus created 1-3 million jobs and lowered unemployment by 1-2% points during these tough years.

He also extended Bush's tax cuts, except top bracket ones by signing American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012.

What the article DOESN'T cover is stabilization of financial institutions (aka Bailout) and monetary policy.

Here are some estimates on those effects;

counterfactualChart_v3.0.png

2 economists imagined a financial crisis without stimulus or bailouts. It’s … ugly.

Last edited:
51 percent of the people that even HAVE a job make less than 30k a year.

38% make less than 20K per year

71 percent make less than 50K a year....so tell me again what a great job the Barrypuppet has done?

If you work an hour a month, you are considered "employed" by the Barrypuppet admin...so stow your stupid bullshit and try to pry your lips from the skinny shanks of the Barrypuppet.

CORPORATISM is not Obama's fault and you know it so stop lying.

BTW, Do you have any link backing your lies? Stop lying and when you make a claim provide some proof. OK? Are you too lazy to provide proof? I think you are merely a liar.

God has a place to you liars!

Goodbye Middle Class: 51 Percent Of All American Workers Make Less Than 30,000 Dollars A Year

40% percent of U.S. make less than $20,000. The fed government considers a family of 4 making less than $24,250 to be impoverished. « InvestmentWatch

Forum List

Back