Economy leaves millions of drivers uninsured

About 10 years ago I got rear-ended from an uninsured driver. I went after him via small claims court -- he never showed. I could have continued to chase him but he appeared to me to have nothing and his car was 15 years old. It would have cost me more money to go after him so I dropped it.

We recently looked at our auto coverage and realized we were under-insured and paying too much so we switched insurance companies and got better coverage. Unfortunately, when people choose to remain uninsured it drives the cost up for everyone who follows the rules.

How do these people get their cars re-registered every year if they don't have insurance?

i live next to a state that didnt require car insurance for a long time..i have always had....uninsured or underinsured in my policy ...if i am not mistake its only a few dollars a year...less than 20...i try to kick as much of the trouble back to my insure company as i can...let them pay me and then sue the other people....

Hard times effect us all, even if we happen to be weathering the storm personally.

This is just one example of that.

About 10 years ago I got rear-ended from an uninsured driver. I went after him via small claims court -- he never showed. I could have continued to chase him but he appeared to me to have nothing and his car was 15 years old. It would have cost me more money to go after him so I dropped it.

We recently looked at our auto coverage and realized we were under-insured and paying too much so we switched insurance companies and got better coverage. Unfortunately, when people choose to remain uninsured it drives the cost up for everyone who follows the rules.

How do these people get their cars re-registered every year if they don't have insurance?

There are a lot of states that do NOT require proof of insurance when renewing the registration.

I would say this is where the problem is but then again, all people would do is start a policy, register their car, and then never pay their insurance bill.

There are a lot of states that do NOT require proof of insurance when renewing the registration.

I would say this is where the problem is but then again, all people would do is start a policy, register their car, and then never pay their insurance bill.

Yeah, reading through the posts I realize that.

Insurance industry study warns that 1 in 6 won’t be covered by end of year

Economy leaves millions of drivers uninsured - Life- msnbc.com

I'm surprised Obama doesn't come to the aid of these people.
:eusa_whistle:

Then most of them will not have a car license. Most if not all States now have mandatory reporting laws on Insurance. If you do not buy it the State generally gives you 30 days to prove you have insurance, fail that and a deputy arrives at your house and takes your license plates off any cars unless someone else in the house has insurance.

i live next to a state that didnt require car insurance for a long time..i have always had....uninsured or underinsured in my policy ...if i am not mistake its only a few dollars a year...less than 20...i try to kick as much of the trouble back to my insure company as i can...let them pay me and then sue the other people....

I've always carried uninsured/underinsured, just smart. Can kick up your limits for peanuts.

I've always carried uninsured/underinsured, just smart. Can kick up your limits for peanuts.

Me too. My dad drilled it into my head and it won't leave. Smart guy, my dad. :D

Forum List

Back