Economy estimated to grow 3% in 2010

We can hope for it, but I am not optimistic. There is too much fear and uncertainty amongst bussinessmen and investors. I expect we'll tread water for a while before we head downward. The largest tax increase in history hits in January......
good luck!

Last edited:
We can hope for it, but I am not optimistic. There is too much fear and uncertainty amongst bussinessmen and investors. I expect we'll tread water for a while before we head downward. The largest tax increase in history hits in January......
good luck!
Laffer and other economists are claiming that those taxes are shifting future income (growth) into this year, you disagree. I think you may be right but I was wondering what facts brought you to that conclusion?

good luck!
Laffer and other economists are claiming that those taxes are shifting future income (growth) into this year, you disagree. I think you may be right but I was wondering what facts brought you to that conclusion?

check this article out - he explains my feeling almost perfectly....it's about a 10 minute read, but well worth it. Recession, Deflation and Deficits - John Mauldin's Outside the Box - InvestorsInsight.com | Financial Intelligence, Advice & Research / Investment Strategies & Planning for Individual Investors.

good luck!

check this article out - he explains my feeling almost perfectly....it's about a 10 minute read, but well worth it. Recession, Deflation and Deficits - John Mauldin's Outside the Box - InvestorsInsight.com | Financial Intelligence, Advice & Research / Investment Strategies & Planning for Individual Investors.
I agree with the writer for the next 6 months but I consider the implied 1 year projections somewhat pollyannish.

a) income shifting is not sufficient to sweep all problems under the rug.

b) ignoring the possibility of exogenous shock such as major problems in the far east and Europe when those problems are already baked into the budgets of those major trading partners will upset conventional forecasts.

c) The lameduck legislative session dealing with entitlements will be a disaster in 2011.

d) The January tax increases already in train have a probability of 10-50% of actually destroying the Democratic party when combined with the possibly flawed census and the certainly mis-spun management of it. That will have major economic effects.

Thanks for the heads up a very well written analysis.

Forum List

Back