Economy booming. Dems impeaching.

Not at all. Don’t blame me about the focus on GDP growth. I didn’t make it a part of the campaign. Trump did.

It was just a few months ago that Trump hit 4% GDP, or did you fake news liars conveniently forget that

U.S. Growth Hits 4.1%, Fastest Since 2014, in Win for Trump

That's an article from July 2018. So by "a few months", you mean 16?

So what. The point is that Trump has hit his goal. The GDP fluctuates, but he hit his goal and will do it again, which is far more that the Kenyan Pig could ever do, you imbecile
Baloney. Trump has not met his goal. He promised 3% annual growth. Obama had plenty of quarters above 4% growth.

and plenty below 1 and even negative. You're cherry picking

Wrong again. Wage growth is way higher under Trump

5d7f74ca2e22af121a0252c3

Business Insider/Andy Kiersz, data from FRED

You are correct sir.

Not at all. Don’t blame me about the focus on GDP growth. I didn’t make it a part of the campaign. Trump did.

It was just a few months ago that Trump hit 4% GDP, or did you fake news liars conveniently forget that

So what. The point is that Trump has hit his goal. The GDP fluctuates, but he hit his goal and will do it again, which is far more that the Kenyan Pig could ever do, you imbecile
Baloney. Trump has not met his goal. He promised 3% annual growth. Obama had plenty of quarters above 4% growth.

I guess three qtrs out of 24 is plenty huh?

united-states-gdp-growth.png

Plenty is an overstatement. You're right. Better than Trump's zero out of 11.

Plenty is an overstatement. You're right. Better than Trump's zero out of 11.

Sigh.... Trump has had 4 out of 11.

© Statista 2019
Show source
Our out of eleven? Incorrect. We referring to quarters with GDP growth above 4%, not 3%.

Point taken.

Obama had 7 quarters out of 24 below 0.5%. We can cherry pick all day. Want to compare the average? You're supporting a record of GDP growth rate that was the lowest in our nations history.

I don’t have to support anything. The GDP growth rare was the lowest in our nations history followed very closely by Trump’s economic growth, which I’m told is supposedly booming.

© Statista 2019
Show source
Our out of eleven? Incorrect. We referring to quarters with GDP growth above 4%, not 3%.

Point taken.

Obama had 7 quarters out of 24 below 0.5%. We can cherry pick all day. Want to compare the average? You're supporting a record of GDP growth rate that was the lowest in our nations history.

Yep, Obama's growth rate was shitty as hell...yet Trump's is only slightly better and the economy is the best in history...do you not see a disconnect?

© Statista 2019
Show source

Point taken.

I don’t have to support anything. The GDP growth rare was the lowest in our nations history followed very closely by Trump’s economic growth, which I’m told is supposedly booming.

I agree that "booming" would be an exaggeration. But economists were saying we would never see a growth rate above 3% ever again at the end of Obama's second term.

You quote GDP growth rate in your second sentence and in the same sentence using "Economic" for the growth rate under Trump. The economy has had a solid growth rate given the size of our labor force, which is the limiting factor at this point. When you use the term "economic" i'm going to drag in other factors that back up a solid economy.

So against the headwind of the nation being considered "fully employed" jobs are still be added, people that were in the U6 statistics for unemployment continue to get off the bench and there is currently 7.5 Million job openings (the highest number ever). Wages are rising at a rate higher than the 10 years previous to trumps first term, hispanic, black and women are enjoying the lowest unemployment rate in more than 50 years and you want to split hairs on the term "booming".

Yeah, you don't have a bias. You're just hoping.

© Statista 2019
Show source

Point taken.

Yep, Obama's growth rate was shitty as hell...yet Trump's is only slightly better and the economy is the best in history...do you not see a disconnect?

Nope. Some of the major stats for "economic prosperity" include unemployment rate, wage growth and full participation in employment by all persons in the US. A lot of those stats are at all time highs/ 50 year highs. I guess the economy is dragging, eh?

It's not slightly better, it's a whole other world away. To have an economy this robust with unemployment so low is quite something. Don't you agree? A low unemployment rate is a very large GDP growth rate headwind. In fact, it's huge.

© Statista 2019
Show source

Point taken.

I agree that "booming" would be an exaggeration. But economists were saying we would never see a growth rate above 3% ever again at the end of Obama's second term.

You quote GDP growth rate in your second sentence and in the same sentence using "Economic" for the growth rate under Trump. The economy has had a solid growth rate given the size of our labor force, which is the limiting factor at this point. When you use the term "economic" i'm going to drag in other factors that back up a solid economy.

So against the headwind of the nation being considered "fully employed" jobs are still be added, people that were in the U6 statistics for unemployment continue to get off the bench and there is currently 7.5 Million job openings (the highest number ever). Wages are rising at a rate higher than the 10 years previous to trumps first term, hispanic, black and women are enjoying the lowest unemployment rate in more than 50 years and you want to split hairs on the term "booming".

The labor force can be one limiting favor for economic growth, which is a good reason to want to expand immigration, not contract it. The other major factor is productivity being stalled for the last decade. Wages are going up at a speed higher than the last decade by the last decade has been famously lackluster so that’s hardly a resounding success.

© Statista 2019
Show source

Point taken.

The labor force can be one limiting favor for economic growth, which is a good reason to want to expand immigration, not contract it. The other major factor is productivity being stalled for the last decade. Wages are going up at a speed higher than the last decade by the last decade has been famously lackluster so that’s hardly a resounding success.

Tell that to those that were only seeing 2% wage increases for ten years and now they are seeing 3-4%. It's not even close, itt's a very large difference. 4.89% in October.

I'm all for legal immigration being expanded. We need workers.

Productivity has trended higher in Trump's first term.

I'm not saying the economy is a blowout, wow, look at it go type of thing. The economy is strong, businesses are strong and people are benefitting. The next election will show that as long as it continues for the next six months.

Nope. Some of the major stats for "economic prosperity" include unemployment rate, wage growth and full participation in employment by all persons in the US. A lot of those stats are at all time highs/ 50 year highs. I guess the economy is dragging, eh?

It's not slightly better, it's a whole other world away. To have an economy this robust with unemployment so low is quite something. Don't you agree? A low unemployment rate is a very large GDP growth rate headwind. In fact, it's huge.

Every stat you mention continued on the path it was on after the election...NOTHING changed.

Take for example unemployment...can you on this graph highlight the point where Trump took over and things got magically better?

upload_2019-12-8_12-41-13.png

Here is the LFPR...again can you point out on the graph the spot where Trump took over and it go suddenly better...

upload_2019-12-8_12-42-32.png

So, no I do not agree. Trump is only marginally better than Obama so far, and there is a good chance Trump's best years economically are behind him.

What is the US GDP?

The last full FY it was $20.50 trillion
What do you think it should? We are by far the highest in the world. In my opinion as long as we have such high spend on entitlements it will prevent us from concentrating on gdp growth but that’s just me.

According to the guy you voted for just to piss off other people, GDP growth under 3% is awful. Or it was till that guy only wishes he break the 3% barrier for growth.
That is correct. Until we address entitlements, which neither party is doing the GDP hyper growth is impossible. The mathematics simply do not work. If Kasich or Rubio pissed off Leftists as much as Trump I would have supported them. You got me there. I concede.

Explain how entitlements adversely impact the GDP?.

Not that I do not think they need to be addressed, just not sure how they are keeping the GDP down.

Also, breaking 3% is hardly hyper growth, not sure why you need to frame it that way.
Because spending on that takes away from infrastructure spend, etc. which would boost GDP via both private and public monies

Every stat you mention continued on the path it was on after the election...NOTHING changed.

Take for example unemployment...can you on this graph highlight the point where Trump took over and things got magically better?

View attachment 293844
Here is the LFPR...again can you point out on the graph the spot where Trump took over and it go suddenly better...

View attachment 293845

So, no I do not agree. Trump is only marginally better than Obama so far, and there is a good chance Trump's best years economically are behind him.

All good Gator. Agree to disagree. The economy, IMO, would not be where it is if Hilary was in office and there wasn't so much deregulation and tax cuts. We'd be much worse off. But that is prognostication on my part and I fully understand we will never know.

Can you smell the landslide coming?
The Left, far better than the NeverTrump Right, grasped that Trump is succeeding, and that it has little traction in demanding economic, energy, immigration, trade, and regulatory alternatives.

We won’t know to what degree Trump won his battles against a now hard-leftist Democratic Party, the NeverTrump Right, the media, the academic and cultural elite, Silicon Valley, Hollywood, and the Washington deep state until he finishes his first term. In 2020 the people will decide whether such risks were worth taking. But the idea that Trump has “failed,” when the economy is booming, the United States is energy independent, the border is becoming a border again, China is on notice that the past 30 years of appeasement are over, the military is far stronger, and U.S. foreign policy is being radically recalibrated is absolutely absurd.​

Impeachment was never about Trump’s failures, but about fears of his successes.​

The Left, far better than the NeverTrump Right, grasped that Trump is succeeding, and that it has little traction in demanding economic, energy, immigration, trade, and regulatory alternatives. Its lunatic multi-trillion-dollar proposals ensure that it cannot attack Trump on the deficit where he is weakest.​

As a result, the Left rightly concluded that its only hope to save the progressive agenda is to destroy Trump before the people can vote on his agenda, which they rightly fear is succeeding.​

Forum List

Back