Economy booming. Dems impeaching.

Hold on you’re moving the goal posts. That was not what your initial post stated. So now you’re changing it to annual GDP growth? Will you change your narrative again when I answer you?
Annual GDP growth below 3% was a common talking point in the right during Obama. Do you remember?
Are you changing your narrative again? You said “we”. So you just mean Trump. Not “we”? Correct? Which country has the highest GDP in the world?
GDP is a measure for the entire country so that’s why I said we. Trump criticizes Obama for never hitting 3% annual growth and promised a much higher annual rate.

My question is why, if the economy is booming, has the country been unable to break the 3% barrier that was so low when it came to Obama?

I think you’re being a tad pedantic.
You’re changing your narrative.
Lesson summary: The limitations of GDP
Not at all. Don’t blame me about the focus on GDP growth. I didn’t make it a part of the campaign. Trump did.
Political talking points are simply theater. If you want to move goal posts then do be it. Do you think a Trump has tried to increase consumer and corporate spend with his policies? Honest question.

The "never hit 3% annual GDP growth" was a major talking point for Trump and the Repubs. Do not play stupid, it is not becoming.
It was? LOL that was not at all what his post said. How do you increase GDP growth? Hint: consumer spending is a big key. How do consumers spend more? Hint: they work and have more disposable income.

Yet, GDP growth is going down and not up.

Why is that?

Oh, and right now the biggest GDP driver is government spending.
What is the US GDP?

The last full FY it was $20.50 trillion
What do you think it should? We are by far the highest in the world. In my opinion as long as we have such high spend on entitlements it will prevent us from concentrating on gdp growth but that’s just me.

According to the guy you voted for just to piss off other people, GDP growth under 3% is awful. Or it was till that guy only wishes he break the 3% barrier for growth.

He said “we”. So you’re a mind reader now? I took It as a non partisan post. If Kasich was POTUS do you think we would have over 3% GDP growth? Honest question.

Probably, because he would not have started a stupid ass trade war with China and the rest of the world all at the same time.

The tax cuts would have been enough to push us over the 3% barrier if not for the stupid ass trade war.

It was? LOL that was not at all what his post said. How do you increase GDP growth? Hint: consumer spending is a big key. How do consumers spend more? Hint: they work and have more disposable income.

Why is that?

What is the US GDP?

What do you think it should? We are by far the highest in the world. In my opinion as long as we have such high spend on entitlements it will prevent us from concentrating on gdp growth but that’s just me.

According to the guy you voted for just to piss off other people, GDP growth under 3% is awful. Or it was till that guy only wishes he break the 3% barrier for growth.
That is correct. Until we address entitlements, which neither party is doing the GDP hyper growth is impossible. The mathematics simply do not work. If Kasich or Rubio pissed off Leftists as much as Trump I would have supported them. You got me there. I concede.

He said “we”. So you’re a mind reader now? I took It as a non partisan post. If Kasich was POTUS do you think we would have over 3% GDP growth? Honest question.

Probably, because he would not have started a stupid ass trade war with China and the rest of the world all at the same time.

The tax cuts would have been enough to push us over the 3% barrier if not for the stupid ass trade war.
I disagree as the trade war generally impacts the economy on a delayed time frame.

Not at all. Don’t blame me about the focus on GDP growth. I didn’t make it a part of the campaign. Trump did.

It was just a few months ago that Trump hit 4% GDP, or did you fake news liars conveniently forget that

U.S. Growth Hits 4.1%, Fastest Since 2014, in Win for Trump

That's an article from July 2018. So by "a few months", you mean 16?

So what. The point is that Trump has hit his goal. The GDP fluctuates, but he hit his goal and will do it again, which is far more that the Kenyan Pig could ever do, you imbecile

On a side note:

Nearly 95% of all new jobs during Obama era were part-time, or contract

Investing.com -- A new study by economists from Harvard and Princeton indicates that 94% of the 10 million new jobs created during the Obama era were temporary positions.

The study shows that the jobs were temporary, contract positions, or part-time "gig" jobs in a variety of fields.

Female workers suffered most heavily in this economy, as work in traditionally feminine fields, like education and medicine, declined during the era.

The research by economists Lawrence Katz of Harvard University and Alan Krueger at Princeton University shows that the proportion of workers throughout the U.S., during the Obama era, who were working in these kinds of temporary jobs, increased from 10.7% of the population to 15.8%.

Krueger, a former chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers, was surprised by the finding.

The disappearance of conventional full-time work, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. work, has hit every demographic. “Workers seeking full-time, steady work have lost,” said Krueger.

Under Obama, 1 million fewer workers, overall, are working than before the beginning of the Great Recession.

The outgoing president believes his administration was a net positive for workers, however.

"Since I signed Obamacare into law (in 2010), our businesses have added more than 15 million new jobs," said Obama, during his farewell press conference last Friday, covered by Investing.com.

ME: A little information for the lying Democrat bitches in this forum who try to say that Obama created as many jobs as Trump. Obama created worthless shit jobs that could not even support a single person. Trump is bringing back real jobs, manufacturing jobs, and an economic boom

Why is that?

What is the US GDP?

That is correct. Until we address entitlements, which neither party is doing the GDP hyper growth is impossible. The mathematics simply do not work. If Kasich or Rubio pissed off Leftists as much as Trump I would have supported them. You got me there. I concede.

Explain how entitlements adversely impact the GDP?.

Not that I do not think they need to be addressed, just not sure how they are keeping the GDP down.

Also, breaking 3% is hardly hyper growth, not sure why you need to frame it that way.

Can you smell the landslide coming?
Some of us believe that breaking the law is wrong. You assfucks believe breaking the law is OK if you think they are doing good somewhere else.

So what if he raped a 14 year old girl, the economy is good!

Then why can’t we get GDP growth over 3%?

Economic Growth rate matters little in a low (VERY low) unemployment rate. Economic growth is needed during times of high unemployment.

What people care about is having a job.

Keep on going with the GDP growth rate as your story and you're going to be sadly disappointed with the outcome of the next election.

On a side note:

Investing.com -- A new study by economists from Harvard and Princeton indicates that 94% of the 10 million new jobs created during the Obama era were temporary positions.

The study shows that the jobs were temporary, contract positions, or part-time "gig" jobs in a variety of fields.

Female workers suffered most heavily in this economy, as work in traditionally feminine fields, like education and medicine, declined during the era.

The research by economists Lawrence Katz of Harvard University and Alan Krueger at Princeton University shows that the proportion of workers throughout the U.S., during the Obama era, who were working in these kinds of temporary jobs, increased from 10.7% of the population to 15.8%.

Krueger, a former chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers, was surprised by the finding.

The disappearance of conventional full-time work, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. work, has hit every demographic. “Workers seeking full-time, steady work have lost,” said Krueger.

Under Obama, 1 million fewer workers, overall, are working than before the beginning of the Great Recession.

The outgoing president believes his administration was a net positive for workers, however.

"Since I signed Obamacare into law (in 2010), our businesses have added more than 15 million new jobs," said Obama, during his farewell press conference last Friday, covered by Investing.com.

ME: A little information for the lying Democrat bitches in this forum who try to say that Obama created as many jobs as Trump. Obama created worthless shit jobs that could not even support a single person. Trump is bringing back real jobs, manufacturing jobs, and an economic boom

More fake news from the fake news queen. The study mentioned in the article covered from 2005 to 2015. Those are not the Obama years.

Also, the ratio has not changed since 2015.

With House Democrats tied up with impeachment hearings, they're not passing legislation ... thus the economy is doing well ... the less the gubbermint tinkers with the economy, the better the economy performs ... as an example, the on-going trade war with China is hurting midwest farmers, better if the gubbermint stayed out of such affairs and blame rests with The Donald ... but that's different from how they'll vote ...

I don't see a landslide victory for The Donald in 2020 unless the Democrats screw up really really bad ... HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW ... let me re-phrase that, unless The Donald actually murders someone on 5th Ave, he wins comfortably ... The Donald will need an AR-15 with a full auto bolt mowing folks down on 5th Ave before he has to worry about 2020 ...

Economic Growth rate matters little in a low (VERY low) unemployment rate. Economic growth is needed during times of high unemployment.

Keep on going with the GDP growth rate as your story and you're going to be sadly disappointed with the outcome of the next election.
Baloney. GDP growth rate has direct effects on wage growth which remains rather modest.

More fake news from the fake news queen......

You're the queen, BITCH. Now go gargle some more gonads and STFU

upload_2019-12-8_10-38-39.jpeg

It was just a few months ago that Trump hit 4% GDP, or did you fake news liars conveniently forget that

U.S. Growth Hits 4.1%, Fastest Since 2014, in Win for Trump

That's an article from July 2018. So by "a few months", you mean 16?

So what. The point is that Trump has hit his goal. The GDP fluctuates, but he hit his goal and will do it again, which is far more that the Kenyan Pig could ever do, you imbecile
Baloney. Trump has not met his goal. He promised 3% annual growth. Obama had plenty of quarters above 4% growth.

Baloney. GDP growth rate has direct effects on wage growth which remains rather modest.

Wrong again. Wage growth is way higher under Trump

5d7f74ca2e22af121a0252c3

Business Insider/Andy Kiersz, data from FRED

Forum List

Back