Economy and personal hopes and dreams

Smartt33

Apr 7, 2009
USA
I am retired, but that little check each month isn't enough to live on. I have to continue to work, which is a good thing because I really hate being home all the time.

I have been searching for some possible home business kinds of work that I can do that will allow more time for me to get out and do more as I get older. The problem is I cannot find any companies that offer a real job. Promises, promises. That is all I can see, and then when you click to check it out they ask for money. When you take it a step further they say, "Well, you entered at a level that is good, but to really make an income that is good, you need to invest more money.

Lies....lies.

Is there a real company out there where you can go to sork for them online and not pay a fortune, or get the run around?

Cons, all of them, as I see it.

I am retired, but that little check each month isn't enough to live on. I have to continue to work, which is a good thing because I really hate being home all the time.

I have been searching for some possible home business kinds of work that I can do that will allow more time for me to get out and do more as I get older. The problem is I cannot find any companies that offer a real job. Promises, promises. That is all I can see, and then when you click to check it out they ask for money. When you take it a step further they say, "Well, you entered at a level that is good, but to really make an income that is good, you need to invest more money.

Lies....lies.

Is there a real company out there where you can go to sork for them online and not pay a fortune, or get the run around?

A company? No. Opportunity exists.

Write. No commute, make your own hours and with a small investment in yourself (get a couple of writing books if your weak on language) you can make some decent cash writing articles for magazines and things of that nature.

WritersMarket.com

Lies....lies.

Write. No commute, make your own hours and with a small investment in yourself (get a couple of writing books if your weak on language) you can make some decent cash writing articles for magazines and things of that nature.

WritersMarket.com

Exactly! This country was built upon folks that saw an unaddressed niche in a market, and invested their time and equity within it.

Whereas YOU call the shots and dictate terms. Don't rely upon others. Others will leave you cold. Hard work investment is the key, and it can be had even in this sad enviroment in which we live.

You can check out network marketing. I used to do AMWAY a long time ago, I still buy many of my products from them, direct online. Still the biggest dog on the block, the one the FTC uses as a model for all the others. Despite what some uninformed idiots will tell you they are a very reputable company with strong customer and independent business owner support. You can do straight sales or develop a network, it's up to you. Contact them on the web, they'll put you in touch with someone in your area, talk to them. Set up a meeting and see what they have to offer. If you don't like it then you can always say no, but at least hear them out.

Lies....lies.

WritersMarket.com

True. Even people with absolutely no talent whatsoever can earn a few bucks from writing. Of course, the plethora of seriously crap writers makes it hard for real freelance writers to earn decent money doing actual writing but don't let that put you off.

The amount of fucking crap idiots writing fucking crap for peanuts seriously pisses me but go for it anyway. Most companies pay between a dime to 50 cents for 300 words. Of course, actual writers get paid seriously more than that.

Lies....lies.

Hello Smart 33, :)

In this economy, I would recommend reentering the workforce by first becoming a volunteer at something you would enjoy. "IF" you excel at it, you may well be offered a job with them, working for compensation, after you have given notice to leave. ( for personal reasons? ) :) I would personally wait a year before tendering a resignation. You would need this track record and they would have a great idea of your importance to the company/hospital and find an opening for your talents.

I wish you the very best at finding something where there is a mutual value. :)

Mermaid*

Forum List

Back