Economy Adds 308,000 Jobs in March

Originally posted by Zhukov
Economy Adds 308,000 Jobs in March

WASHINGTON — U.S. businesses created jobs at the fastest pace in nearly four years as hiring increased across a wide array of industries in March, the government said on Friday in a report that stunned financial markets and provided long-awaited evidence of a job market recovery.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,115958,00.html

Over 700,000 jobs in the last 7 months.

Would you like fries with that?

Job gains were widespread across industries.

Construction payrolls shot up by 71,000, a bounceback from a 21,000 decline in February many economists had pinned on bad weather.

Retailers added 47,000 workers, in part a reflection of the return of the idled grocery store employees.

While a long-hoped for rise in manufacturing employment did not appear, the department said factory payrolls were unchanged last month, finally breaking a string of 43 consecutive monthly declines.

Unlike what the press normally hypes, an economy will always rebound with jobs uniformally across all sectors when it has been slumping and companies find they can do more profitable business again.

Originally posted by NewGuy
Would you like fries with that?

A job is job - some people in this country think they are too good for certain jobs...which is why my ole Mexican friends have homes and most of you rent. They started out holding two or three of
'would you like fries with that' jobs - One fellow I know became a 'big wig' in the export business and still held a second job...he finally sold his home and bought a nice place on the water in Florida....He said he owes it all to great America...there a jobs everywhere - you just have to be willing to start somewhere and work your tail off.

At anyrate I don't know what sort of job someone like you might be searching for - maybe you are more like that fellow I know who sits at home and lives off his credit cards waiting for the one hundred thousand dollar a year job to stop by....

Perhaps you are joking.

Either way - a job is a job.

Originally posted by winston churchi
A job is job - some people in this country think they are too good for certain jobs...which is why my ole Mexican friends have homes and most of you rent. They started out holding two or three of
'would you like fries with that' jobs - One fellow I know became a 'big wig' in the export business and still held a second job...he finally sold his home and bought a nice place on the water in Florida....He said he owes it all to great America...there a jobs everywhere - you just have to be willing to start somewhere and work your tail off.

At anyrate I don't know what sort of job someone like you might be searching for - maybe you are more like that fellow I know who sits at home and lives off his credit cards waiting for the one hundred thousand dollar a year job to stop by....

Perhaps you are joking.

Either way - a job is a job.

Watch thine tongue, for you know not to whom you speak.

Would you like to confess your trade or profession? I would be happy to provide a few details about myself if I knew it would not embarrass you.

There are jobs out there. I KNOW! and not the one or 2 the democrats would have you believe. as I posted earlier, the plant I work at[town of 15k, employs 2800, are hiring 700 plus NOW aand may add another 500 in the next few months or so. go to careerbuilder.com and put in a city. how many jobs turned up??? and this is just one site. If you havent been out looking for a job you have no clue what you are talking about.

What got me this morning when i saw the article on yahoo was it said. that we added 300,000, unemployment goes up. and im like i heard the rate went up a point. how does that happen? And and i was just amazed at the bias of pointing to the rate going up rather than the job creation

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
But Kerry is going to create 10 Million jobs in 4 years. So it doesn't matter:p:

Maybe he will...in other countries thanks to Heinz outsourcing:p lol

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
But Kerry is going to create 10 Million jobs in 4 years. So it doesn't matter:p:

and how is he going to do this? come Nov he will be outside looking in. Hell He will be looking for a job.

Originally posted by eric
Please do, I can't wait for this one !
:D

To be fair, he doesn't appear to want to enter into that realm, so neither will I.
:)

The reason unemployment went up after adding new jobs to the market is that discouraged workers started the job search back up. Even in this era of corporate scandal, there's money to be made. In fact, my dad currently has a consulting job...that pays REALLY well...as part of an effort to clean up a corrupt Birmingham company.

I am seeing Patent Attorney jobs being advertised for $12 /hour. As a patent practitioner for 8 years, I had developed a lucrative consulting practice with standard rates at $400 /hr. Of course business dried up during the Republican economy. I considered supplementing my income with some software engineering. Unfortunately, my 14 years of experience in object-oriented design (which includes C++, Java, Cold Fusion, and Oracle) bars me from even being considered for the $10/hr entry-level jobs that are available. As far as Bush and his cronies are concerned, if you have to work for a living (no matter how skilled you are), you deserve to eat dirt. And the idiots with trust funds who post on this board just don't understand that it is the employers who are unwilling to give a cashier or construction job to someone with a Ph.D.

Originally posted by tybalt
And the idiots with trust funds who post on this board just don't understand that it is the employers who are unwilling to give a cashier or construction job to someone with a Ph.D.
Who exactly are you referring to in regard to this board, and how do you know they have trust funds?

I am seeing Patent Attorney jobs being advertised for $12 /hour. As a patent practitioner for 8 years, I had developed a lucrative consulting practice with standard rates at $400 /hr. Of course business dried up during the Republican economy. I considered supplementing my income with some software engineering. Unfortunately, my 14 years of experience in object-oriented design (which includes C++, Java, Cold Fusion, and Oracle) bars me from even being considered for the $10/hr entry-level jobs that are available. As far as Bush and his cronies are concerned, if you have to work for a living (no matter how skilled you are), you deserve to eat dirt. And the idiots with trust funds who post on this board just don't understand that it is the employers who are unwilling to give a cashier or construction job to someone with a Ph.D.

If you made at one time 400 bucks in hour, what did you do with all the money? with that much income you should have put away enough dough to last till hell frooze over. Didnt have a soft landing did you?

Don't blame people with money, nor politicians for your inability to run a business debt free and non-leveraged while not being able to balance your money.

I have owned 3 businesses and have never had financial trouble with them.

I must have done something right considering I am on number 4.

Forum List

Back