Economy Actually Getting Worst

As far as the market and my pension fund is concerned............think globally, while Main St. is local.
Glad I'm retired and no longer depend on Main St..
That is all.
Resume your normal activities.

The Global economy is in for an even bumpier ride. If your retirement is invested in the global market I would diversify as much as possible. Honestly if my retirement was in the global market place right now I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. There are so many factors that can go wrong there, It will be a volatile but up hill climb though for developing nations in the long-run.

I also believe that the US middle class will continue to erode as capital flight continues throughout the world. The labor class of america is gone and will not return for quite some time into the future. This means increasing wealth disparities and political turmoil for us in the future. Add into the mix the possibility of a double dip and you have the making of another huge structural change in the labor force as generations of middle class wealth disappears over night.

The Fed might pull it off for us if they are able to retract all the money from the economy quickly enough once spending picks up...if it ever picks up.

If a double-dip was coming, it would have happened by now. I can 10-4 the rest of what you said (except for not sleeping at night....I need my rest).
The next dip won't be a double one, it'll be a frackin' free-fall.

I'm confused...You don't think there will be a double-dip, but you do think there will be a free fall. And you still have you retirement in the market?

Govt. sets record deficit in February - Washington Times

The federal government recorded its worst monthly deficit in history in February, according to a preliminary report Wednesday from the Congressional Budget Office that said the deficit in fiscal year 2012 is already more than half a trillion dollars.
There are 12 months in a year; if you only including only 1 month of the deficit is cherry picking. When you look at all the data and do not cherry pick the deficit under Obama has decline.
The CBO’s figures show that despite repeated efforts to trim spending, the government has borrowed 42 cents of every dollar it spent during the first five months of this fiscal year.
Of which under Obama budgets the Govt borrowing per dollar as decline

Starcraftzzzz is full of shit.
Yes you not knowing the difference between month and year means other people are full of shit

Only dumbass republicans think creating jobs and GDP increasing means the economy is getting worse. I realize Republican want he economy do shitty so they can win elections but its really pathetic how you have to deny reality in order to try to make yourself seem relevant

Only dumb ass dems think this is the answer.Here is your reality:dig:

16,000,000,000,000 U.S National Debt:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

What does the Debt Held by the Public, aside from being a really big number, have to do with the GDP?

Govt. sets record deficit in February - Washington Times

The federal government recorded its worst monthly deficit in history in February, according to a preliminary report Wednesday from the Congressional Budget Office that said the deficit in fiscal year 2012 is already more than half a trillion dollars.
There are 12 months in a year; if you only including only 1 month of the deficit is cherry picking. When you look at all the data and do not cherry pick the deficit under Obama has decline.
The CBO’s figures show that despite repeated efforts to trim spending, the government has borrowed 42 cents of every dollar it spent during the first five months of this fiscal year.
Of which under Obama budgets the Govt borrowing per dollar as decline

Starcraftzzzz is full of shit.
Yes you not knowing the difference between month and year means other people are full of shit

You forgot to add that

a) In nominal dollars, it is typically larger, because of inflation.

b) Most economic data is seasonal so February is not directly comparable to July. (is govt spending seasonal and typically higher in February?)

c) Population constantly increases so government expenditures will always be greater in later years.

d) The two largest contributors to government expenditures are 1) Military 2) Social Security 3) Medicare. And Social Security and Medicare are self funded, so they are not contributing to the deficit. That leaves what? Point being, if we're gonna talk about the deficit, you might consider being intelligent enough to figure out what the contributing factors are. Is it the lower tax receipts? Is it a specific superfunction, function, or subfunction? Or it the sum of a number of functions?

e) The article goes on to say, "but the CBO's figures show that spending has actually remained flat in 2012 once the timing of certain payments has been adjusted." (there is that seasonal thing.)

Yep, sure seems like cherry picking. I hate "stupid".

Forum List

Back