Economists or Chavez Lovers, Explain How This Is Anything But Bad

Again you dont UNDERSTAND. No one is stealing anything from Venezuela. It is being purchased.

they have a commodity and have placed it for sale and development. You make it sound like the US or any other country is going in there and taking the oil without paying for it.

How stupid on world economics can you be. This is not 1400 with the Spanish conquering and stealing everything insight.

Get a freaking life and realize the only stealing going on is that of Hugo Chavez. The worhless piece of shi*....

Exactly, it would be like the US government taking over all the Toyota factories in the US, and turning them over to GM/Ford, without any compensation to the Japanese investors.

No, investments are investments.

So would you invest in ANOTHER nation's resources, knowing that those resources are the sovereign property of that nation - subject to the will of the population? Even if you don't like their election results?
If so, I guess it's at your own risk.

So would you invest in ANOTHER nation's resources, knowing that those resources are the sovereign property of that nation - subject to the will of the population? Even if you don't like their election results?
If so, I guess it's at your own risk.
Oh I doubt very much that you'll see investing being done in Venezula anymore. Castro killed it in Cuba too, been great for the people there. The former Soviet Union was unable to get the investments from Western interests, which had been burned twice in the past near 100 years. I would argue that the governments of the West should have made the investments, perhaps Putin would be unable to do some of the things he is now doing.

Cuba did what, exactly? Was the embargo anything related to their situation? Or was it ineffective?

Again, I'm not here to do your homework. Check out American investments in Cuba and Castro's takeover.

I never asked you to do any homework.

Just say "I refuse to substantiate these statements, you must do so yourself."

Again, I'm not here to do your homework. Check out American investments in Cuba and Castro's takeover.

SO if US stopped investing because he came to power... how is that a failure of his? It was punishment for changing the comfortable dynamic Washington had enjoyed. And the mob. Worse still - what if others were inspired to overthrow the rich elite in theor own nations?

SO if US stopped investing because he came to power... how is that a failure of his? It was punishment for changing the comfortable dynamic Washington had enjoyed. And the mob. Worse still - what if others were inspired to overthrow the rich elite in theor own nations?

Again, it's related to the original post, check it out.

asking for clarification on a point is not the same as requesting you do my research... it's just saying 'Back it up.'

asking for clarification on a point is not the same as requesting you do my research... it's just saying 'Back it up.'

I already have. The fact that you do not know enough to recognize it, is not my problem.

Beg to differ.

SO I did your homework, big difference, you're right. US basically began a embargo because post-revolution resources were nationaized. Then basically acted as a state terrorist towards Cuba. Do you think that will happen to Venezuela? I guess Chavez's fears are grounded in history after all.

SO I did your homework, big difference, you're right. US basically began a embargo because post-revolution resources were nationaized. Then basically acted as a state terrorist towards Cuba. Do you think that will happen to Venezuela? I guess Chavez's fears are grounded in history after all.

Already did, what are you having a problem with. You didn't do MY homework, I already knew it.

Ok, you've out crypticed me. That Chavez is replicating Castro.

I was wondering if you thought the US reaction to Venezuela would be the same as I mentioned earlier (how they treated Cuba post-nationalization, not refusing to invest, but outright terrorism).

I was wondering if you thought the US reaction to Venezuela would be the same as I mentioned earlier (how they treated Cuba post-nationalization, not refusing to invest, but outright terrorism).

What you seemingly fail to understand, the investments for both were pre-revolution or pre-election.

So you do think the US will react the same as it did towards Cuba. Or you don't. At least it's one of the two.

Forum List

Back