Economists like Obama plan

There is a glut of housing on the market, and there is an absence of housing on the market at the same time. Mortgage lenders seem to know this, so they don't(?). . .Do Mortgages.

Foreclosures are cheap, and can be fllipped after remodels: If only someone could buy them. Underwater housing is cheap, and becomes an attractive asset value to have--If only (1) someone could buy them, and (2), owners could sell them.

So An Emergency Mortgage Relief Agency would act positively as a short-term guarantor of credit--no money outlays, just a gurantor/co-signer. A Bondsman is a guarantor, for example, without offering up any money--just a promise.

An Emergency Mortgage Relief Agency would act positively as a short-term co-signer for the difference between the mortgage amount, and the sales price. The seller could get out of the mortgage, only obligated to the underwater amount. The buyer pays off its part of the old mortgage in the sale. The Emergency Mortgage Relief Agency would accept a new "rental" agreement from the underwater owner, who would be offered a rental discount somewhere else. "In a Foreclosue" is an example. The bank would be a landlord, but the tenant would be the federal government, less likely to become a current victim.

The underwater owner changes status from owner to renter, but just as likely at a reduced strain or even strain to the household budget, credit rating, scores and other looming obstancles. The bank has a property, with rich Uncle Sam as the tenant. The property can increase in value--with renting former owner increasingly less rent "underwater." The bank loses less, and the former underwater owner loses less--or even breaks even. Once the former owner renter moves on, then the bank can hold the property, or sell the property.

The objective is housing price inflation. In that renter example, if the occupied property increases in value, then any managed sales price would go to the formerly underwaer amount, maybe with the renter having something left over.

Essentially, The Emergency Mortgage Relief Agency would not be required to put up very much cash. The bank books would be asset relieved. All parties would remain credit-worthy. The housing market would be moving again.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Clearly, Teaching is Not Possible At Any Grade Level Without The Doctoral Degree: Unless it is believed some kids are better than other kids, and that all the other kids are not worth the extra effort. Clearly, any of the foregoing is all unusable in the United States, at the direction of the schools!)

Resurecting Jimmy Carter's failed tax credit is a good idea?

LOL... second time Obama's tried it, first time was in the failed stimulac.

Another loser for Obama.

Lets see, lets pay for most of the labor costs for business' who can't afford to hire someone for a year erasing most labor costs from thier business model (for a year), and we'll pay for it by jacking up the taxes on business' with succesful business models permanently. If you'd like to know what's gonna happen in a year... think solyndra.

The insanity never stops.

Many economists say Obama jobs plan will help

That was the assessment Thursday night from economists, who offered mainly positive reviews of President Barack Obama's $447 billion plan to stimulate job creation.

Some predicted it would put hundreds of thousands of people back to work next year, mainly because a Social Security tax cut for workers would be deepened and extended to small businesses.

"Payroll tax cuts are very powerful," said Allen Sinai, chief economist of Decision Economics. "They provide a boost to direct income and, in turn, spending, which is important to growth."

Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody's Analytics, estimated that the president's plan would boost economic growth by 2 percentage points, add 2 million jobs and reduce unemployment by a full percentage point next year compared with existing law.

how many economists?
link to the specific economist opinions?

Isn't that what they said about the Crapulus bill? You know, the one that left the unemployment rate up at 9.1%?

Six. Well, some of them aren't technically Economists.

And one of those is from the (politically biased) Progressive Policy Institute.

And another one didn't exactly "like" the plan. In fact, he said
"In an environment where economic confidence has been almost completely destroyed, there is a risk that both households and small businesses will save a greater proportion of any windfall, particularly if they know the reduction is only temporary"

You mean TM..... lied to us?

Where is this plan there important economists are looking at or is this based off the vauge SPEECH Obama gave last night?

BTW, the market are tanking, 350 points atm... The markets don't agree with Obama's plan it seems. More or less your economist are already proven wrong TM. Of course the fact they got it wrong last time should be enough to tell people not to believe Obama.

Or wait, this is TM we are talking too... So the stimulus worked so well that it needed 5 tillion in help from the FED and now we need another or we're fucked, LOL!

Didn't we tell you guys this was going to happen? Do you want us to tell you what will happen if this stimulus is passed as well?

I do love that almost every "tax cut" Obama talked about is a "tax credit" and only a temp tax credt meaning it's useless.

Anyways wtf is going on, when did TM become a "lower taxes" cheerleader?

I have been called a far right wacko. But the truth is I'm a realist. I didn't even know that SS taxes had been temporarily cut. I heard about it just recently when they started talking about extending that cut.

I'm sorry but maybe this helped the economy maybe not, but SS is already in trouble and Democrats took money out of it? What the hell? You want to fix SS then take away the cap. Take away the SS tax cut. It's not doing anything. 2 % really doesn't help much day to day.

As far as the rest of Obama's plan, what was the new part? I seem to have missed that. Sounded like the same old rehashed shit. And I love how he'll get back to us on how it's all supposed to get paid for.

Mr Obama, please just go back to Chicago and stay there...................

Forum List

Back