Economics For Dummies. Keynes or Hayek?

Which One Is Right?

• Total voters

Publius1787

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2011
Economics For Dummies. Keynes or Hayek?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0nERTFo-Sk[/ame]

Keynes knew what he was talking about, so did Hayek. Keynes believed in a world where the beurcracy could be trusted. He was wrong about that. Hayek grew up in Habsburg Austria. He knew better than Keyens about how far politicians could be trusted. (About as far as I could toss Shoenbrun)
420209826_7b117e2a6b.jpg

But when it comes to Math, Keynes was right. When it comes to the darker parts of the Human Soul, Hayek knew better.

Both were philosophers of political economy. Neither empirically tested their ideas.

No philosopher is completely right or completely wrong, though Hayek was probably "more right" than Keynes.

But its a false dichotomy. Both contributed to our understanding of human behavior.

No, threads.

Go ahead...Try to push a thread, or a sting, or a rope....Tell us how that works out.

Interesting. Where did you get that analogy from? I like it.
It's an old analogy....Has to do with human nature.

Seems that when all the Keynesian "experts" claim that folx will spend their money, they do other things with it, like saving or paying off their credit lines.

Both were philosophers of political economy. Neither empirically tested their ideas.

No philosopher is completely right or completely wrong, though Hayek was probably "more right" than Keynes.

But its a false dichotomy. Both contributed to our understanding of human behavior.
Oh, Keynesian voodoo has been empirically proven....WRONG!

Yet, the Keynesian witch doctors keep telling us that it's just because we haven't yet thrown enough vestal virgins into the volcano.....

Keynes knew what he was talking about, so did Hayek. Keynes believed in a world where the beurcracy could be trusted.

The sentence I emboldened proves that Keynes did not know what he was talking about.

His theories are fantasy.

Dummies, shameless political opportunists and authoritarian central planners go with Keynes.

Thinkers go with Hayek, von Mises, Friedman, Skousen, etcetera.
Wrong,. Ignorant jackasses incapable of independent thought make post like yours.

Thinkers recognize that people on both sides can have their points and draw what works from whatever school it might originate form.

Keynes knew what he was talking about, so did Hayek. Keynes believed in a world where the beurcracy could be trusted. He was wrong about that. Hayek grew up in Habsburg Austria. He knew better than Keyens about how far politicians could be trusted. (About as far as I could toss Shoenbrun)
420209826_7b117e2a6b.jpg

But when it comes to Math, Keynes was right. When it comes to the darker parts of the Human Soul, Hayek knew better.
And when it came to historical sociopolitical trends as they tie into the forms of economic systems and the control of wealth and the means of production- and how they continue to repeat, Marx and Engels called it.

No, threads.

Go ahead...Try to push a thread, or a sting, or a rope....Tell us how that works out.

Interesting. Where did you get that analogy from? I like it.
It's an old analogy....Has to do with human nature.

Seems that when all the Keynesian "experts" claim that folx will spend their money, they do other things with it, like saving or paying off their credit lines.
And when Mises and the rest tell us individual greed and oligopoly is best for all, I remember the condition of the working class in England back in the 'good ol' days'

Yeah, freezing the economic growth is pretty much what Keynesianism leads to.

Oh, Keynesian voodoo has been empirically proven....WRONG!
History shows us that stimulus programs can play an important role in kick-starting the economy, especially when it puts money in the hands of those most likely to spend it.

It is this principle we see play out when the CBO ranks unemployment insurance as the most effective means of stimulating the economy- with tax cuts for the wealthy far behind.

Only if you believe that you make the shallow end of the pool deeper by scooping up some water out of the deep end, then pouring it back into the shallow end.

Oh, and the CBO only scores what the Keynesian goobers in congress tell them to score.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back