Economics 101

A failed economy = excessive off-shore investment coupled with no government intervention.

You think I said that in some post here?
I believe your stance is complete Market Freedom with zero government intervention.

Cool story.
Let me know when you find the post where I disagreed with Friedman.

The problem is that you AGREE with Friedman...Free Market crashes and then you blame the crash on an absence of Government Bailouts.
Yes, that's what he expounds in the video.

The problem is that you AGREE with Friedman

Were you lying when you said I disagreed with Friedman, or just confused?

Free Market crashes and then you blame the crash on an absence of Government Bailouts.

I've never done that.

At what time in your video does he do that?

So you DIDN'T watch the video because someone as intelligent as you would have caught what he said.
OR you're such an ideologue that you can't absorb what he said.
Later when I'm not so tired I'll point out the time.

I don't give a shit. He said 46 bills. You don't believe him.....so what?
Yeah, his "jobs" bill was let corporations pollute your drinking water. Just like the GOP House's Zika bill is let your drinking water be polluted.

Yeah, his "jobs" bill was let corporations pollute your drinking water.

Link?
Notice how the wing-nuts didn't link to a single one of the actual "jobs" bills, which were only attacks on the EPA, regulations, and unions passed off as jobs bills just like spraying harmful pesticides on our fresh water sources is being passed off as a Zika bill.

Unlike you, here is an example of a GOP "jobs" bill:

H.R.1203.

This bill amends the Federal Water Pollution Control Act (commonly known as the Clean Water Act) to remove the authority of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to prohibit the specification, or restrict the use, of an area as a disposal site for discharges of dredged or fill materials into waters of the United States once the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has issued a permit for the discharge.

Yeah, his "jobs" bill was let corporations pollute your drinking water. Just like the GOP House's Zika bill is let your drinking water be polluted.

Link?
Notice how the wing-nuts didn't link to a single one of the actual "jobs" bills, which were only attacks on the EPA, regulations, and unions passed off as jobs bills just like spraying harmful pesticides on our fresh water sources is being passed off as a Zika bill.

H.R.1203.

This bill amends the Federal Water Pollution Control Act (commonly known as the Clean Water Act) to remove the authority of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to prohibit the specification, or restrict the use, of an area as a disposal site for discharges of dredged or fill materials into waters of the United States once the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has issued a permit for the discharge.
We all know full well that the only method Republican Economic Stimulus = NO RULES.

We all know full well that the only method Republican Economic Stimulus = NO RULES.
Republican Economic Stimulus = capitalism. And capitalism has plenty of rules:

1) you must have the best product in the world and the lowest price in the world to raise the standard of living at the fastest possible rate just to survive.

2) if you pollute someone's water while being a capitalist, for example, he has a right to sue you for damages and to discourage others from buying your products.

1) you must have the best product in the world and the lowest price in the world to raise the standard of living at the fastest possible rate just to survive.

2) if you pollute someone's water while being a capitalist, for example, he has a right to sue you for damages and to discourage others from buying your products.

But does that relieve you from being responsible in your product or service?

Sure you do, but with the myriad of shell corporations you'd better have a lot of time (years) and money (millions).

You think I said that in some post here?
I believe your stance is complete Market Freedom with zero government intervention.

Cool story.
Let me know when you find the post where I disagreed with Friedman.

The problem is that you AGREE with Friedman...Free Market crashes and then you blame the crash on an absence of Government Bailouts.

The problem is that you AGREE with Friedman

Were you lying when you said I disagreed with Friedman, or just confused?

Free Market crashes and then you blame the crash on an absence of Government Bailouts.

I've never done that.

At what time in your video does he do that?

So you DIDN'T watch the video because someone as intelligent as you would have caught what he said.
OR you're such an ideologue that you can't absorb what he said.
Later when I'm not so tired I'll point out the time.

I've seen the video. At what point did he blame the 1929 Crash on lack of bailouts?

You cut it off for 2015 only.

Q1 2016.

They were projecting from late 2013. I am sorry you are unable to see that.

I guess 2013 growth is more important than last quarter? LOL!

fredgraph.png

Here's from Q1 2013.

Does it hurt to be that dumb?

Your stupidity must be very painful.
I am sure you feel no pain.

So, have you completely given up on that bill that republicans were supposed to provide to help the recovery??? If you had integrity you would admit there was none. But perhaps you do not.

I

House Speaker John Boehner R-OH Briefing | Video | C-SPAN.org

At about the 12 minute mark. 46 jobs bills.

Name a job bill, me boy. Because he did not. You are lying again. And I do not appreciate listening to the dude say nothing about any specific jobs bill.

Ok, so you admit there was no jobs bill. thanks. We all knew that to be true.

The only jobs bill the government should pass is a tax cut/deregulation bill.
Ah. So you are an economist? What are your credentials?
So, you suggest doing as was done in the great Republican Depression of 1929, right. When Hoover sat and watched the ue rate go from under 4% to 25%? That worked out so well.
Or you could copy Reagan, and lower taxes. Except after he saw the ue rate going through the roof, he was smart enough to spend like crazy.
Too bad you are not smart enough.

All the make work, job creating shit is a waste of money.
Yeah. I know. You should only use it when you have to, like Reagan, eh, me poor stupid con tool. In the meantime, just keep reading those conservative talking points. No sense in actually thinking.

And the "me boy" talk makes you sound like a gay pirate. Are you a gay pirate?
No. You seem very familiar with gay pirates. Why is that, me boy.

Link?

H.R.1203.

H.R.1203.

To amend the Federal Water Pollution Control Act to clarify that the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency does not have the authority to disapprove a permit after it has been issued by the Secretary of the Army under section 404 of such Act.

That's not a jobs bill. It sounds like it relieves a conflict between 2 governmental bodies.

Q1 2016.

fredgraph.png

Here's from Q1 2013.

So, have you completely given up on that bill that republicans were supposed to provide to help the recovery??? If you had integrity you would admit there was none. But perhaps you do not.

I

Name a job bill, me boy. Because he did not. You are lying again. And I do not appreciate listening to the dude say nothing about any specific jobs bill.

Ok, so you admit there was no jobs bill. thanks. We all knew that to be true.

The only jobs bill the government should pass is a tax cut/deregulation bill.
Ah. So you are an economist? What are your credentials?
So, you suggest doing as was done in the great Republican Depression of 1929, right. When Hoover sat and watched the ue rate go from under 4% to 25%? That worked out so well.
Or you could copy Reagan, and lower taxes. Except after he saw the ue rate going through the roof, he was smart enough to spend like crazy.
Too bad you are not smart enough.

All the make work, job creating shit is a waste of money.
Yeah. I know. You should only use it when you have to, like Reagan, eh, me poor stupid con tool. In the meantime, just keep reading those conservative talking points. No sense in actually thinking.

And the "me boy" talk makes you sound like a gay pirate. Are you a gay pirate?
No. You seem very familiar with gay pirates. Why is that, me boy.

Ok, so you admit ....

.....that Boehner said there were 46.

Ah. So you are an economist?

As much as Obama is. Actually, based on his idiotic comments, more than he is.

So, you suggest doing as was done in the great Republican Depression of 1929, right

No, I suggest cutting taxes and regulations.

Or you could copy Reagan, and lower taxes. Except after he saw the ue rate going through the roof

Why did unemployment increase under Reagan?

You seem very familiar with gay pirates.

Just you.

Sure you do, but with the myriad of shell corporations you'd better have a lot of time (years) and money
(millions).

You must understand that Edward is the board troll. He is, essentially, a conservative congenital idiot. Not worth taking note of. I just ignore him.

Link?

H.R.1203.

H.R.1203.

To amend the Federal Water Pollution Control Act to clarify that the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency does not have the authority to disapprove a permit after it has been issued by the Secretary of the Army under section 404 of such Act.

That's not a jobs bill. It sounds like it relieves a conflict between 2 governmental bodies.

As a matter of fact, it is one of the republicans bills that your boy called a jobs bill. But then, as you and I have proven, there was no actual GOP jobs bill. Because they did not care about people being out of work, and in miserable conditions. They just wanted the economy to fail, if at all possible.

Link?

H.R.1203.

H.R.1203.

As a matter of fact, it is one of the republicans bills that your boy called a jobs bill. But then, as you and I have proven, there was no actual GOP jobs bill. Because they did not care about people being out of work, and in miserable conditions. They just wanted the economy to fail, if at all possible.

As a matter of fact, it is one of the republicans bills that your boy called a jobs bill.

Speaker.gov/JOBS

Were you lying or stupid when you made that claim?

Sure you do, but with the myriad of shell corporations you'd better have a lot of time (years) and money
(millions).

You must understand that Edward is the board troll. He is, essentially, a conservative congenital idiot. Not worth taking note of. I just ignore him.

I know, I've been dealing with him for years. He's the recurring fungal infection of the USMB.

Q1 2016.

fredgraph.png

Here's from Q1 2013.

I

Here is the thing. This is not your fathers republican party. We may think we elect congress to work for us, but in fact. they work for themselves. And the folks that pay them. The wealthy. And no one else.

"If Republicans take the House as anticipated on election night, voters can expect to hear the customary talk about coming together with Democrats for the good of the country.

President Barack Obama inevitably will extend a hand across the aisle as well'

But that’s Tuesday. Right now, the tone is a lot different — with Republicans pledging to embrace an agenda for the next two years that sounds a lot like their agenda for the past two: Block Obama at all costs."
Read more: The GOP's no-compromise pledge

On the eve of Obama's inauguration in January of 2008, before he even took office, a meeting of republican political power brokers met and set an agenda in place to block Obama completely on all "major" legislation. And that includes all efforts to help the economy. Any Obama, or Democratic Party legislation was planned to be OBSTRUCTED. Every single bill.
In fact, in every single case, on health care and on stimulus for the economy, republican congressmen did not need to consider the legislation. They were pledged, before Obama even took office, to vote no. And, in fact, they did. And, by doing so, there was NO chance any piece of legislation could go forward from the time Kennedy died, and there was.
So, the founding fathers idea of a congress that worked for the populace has been destroyed by REPUBLICAN leadership. Meanwhile, they planned going forward to criticize the president for not passing legislation.
"WASHINGTON — Before the health care fight, before the economicstimulus package, before President Obama even took office, SenatorMitch McConnell, the Republican minority leader, had a strategy for his party: use his extensive knowledge of Senate procedure to slow things down, take advantage of the difficulties Democrats would have in governing and deny Democrats any Republican support on big legislation
In the process, Mr. McConnell, 68, a Kentuckian more at home plotting tactics in the cloakroom than writing legislation in a committee room or exhorting crowds on the campaign trail, has come to embody a kind of oppositional politics that critics say has left voters cynical about Washington, the Senate all but dysfunctional and the Republican Party without a positive agenda or message.
But in the short run at least, his approach has worked. For more than a year, he pleaded and cajoled to keep his caucus in line. He deployed poll data. He warned against the lure of the short-term attention to be gained by going bipartisan, and linked Republican gains in November to showing voters they could hold the line against big government.
On the major issues — not just health care, but financial regulation and the economic stimulus package, among others — Mr. McConnell has held Republican defections to somewhere between minimal and nonexistent, allowing him to slow the Democratic agenda if not defeat aspects of it. He has helped energize the Republican base, expose divisions among Democrats and turn the health care fight into a test of the Democrats’ ability to govern.
“It was absolutely critical that everybody be together because if the proponents of the bill were able to say it was bipartisan, it tended to convey to the public that this is O.K., they must have figured it out,” Mr. McConnell said about the health legislation in an interview, suggesting that even minimal Republican support could sway the public. “It’s either bipartisan or it isn’t.”

Mr. McConnell said the unity was essential in dealing with Democrats on “things like the budget, national security and then ultimately, obviously, health care.”
Still, he said, his party had offered Democrats a chance for a deal on health care but blamed them as being inflexible. Democrats and the White House heavily courted Senator Olympia J. Snowe, Republican of Maine, who voted for an early version of the bill but later broke with Democrats. Democratic leaders, including the majority leader, Harry Reid of Nevada, said they did not think Republicans were ever serious about trying to strike a deal.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/17/us/politics/17mcconnell.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

So, me boy, there you go. This republican meeting, and the foundation of the "Party of NO" was formally constructed in January of 2008. And people have suffered, day after day, week after week, as republicans blocked any legislation to get the unemployment rate under control. Which, any way you look at it, is at least anti-american.

And, explains why you can find NO republican jobs legislation bills. None, me boy.
Isn't that odd???

On the eve of Obama's inauguration in January of 2008, before he even took office, a meeting of republican political power brokers met and set an agenda in place to block Obama completely on all "major" legislation. And that includes all efforts to help the economy. Any Obama, or Democratic Party legislation was planned to be OBSTRUCTED. Every single bill.

And a good thing too. Otherwise we'd be talking about $12 trillion in Obama debt, instead of only $8.6 trillion.
You only believe that because you are a con tool, and because you are unable to see fhow much obama was responsible for. It must suck to be a con tool. You never get to reason, work with truth. You never have to accept responsibility for Anything. You never need to actually think. But I suppose it is fine, if you have no integrity. If you do not mind lying. And if you like to be told what to believe. You are, me boy, a sad waste.

Forum List

Back