Economic Retardation

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LogikAndReazon, Sep 20, 2012.

1. LogikAndReazon

LogikAndReazon Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,286
    By God, Romney was right and if anyone is insulted by the plain truth, they deserve to be insulted. Ross Kaminsky is also right: The "secret" video could be just what the Romney campaign needed to spark a serious conversation about Obama's economic failure. Our national debt is now $16 trillion, the annual budget deficit has exceeded $1 trillion for each of the past four years, and 47 percent of us aren't contributing a nickel to fix that problem. A big part of the problem -- and maybe you've noticed this -- is that the economy sucks. Even if you didn't make the mistake of pursuing a journalism career, it's kind of hard to work your way up when the unemployment rate is over 8 percent, a statistic that actually understates the problem. As James Pethokoukis has explained, the broader unemployment rate, including part-time workers who want full-time jobs, is 14.6 percent, and the rate would be even higher if not for a declining rate of "workforce participation." Among the factors in this decline is the extension of unemployment payments to 99 weeks, as well as a troubling rise in the number of working-age adults claiming disability. An additional 1.7 million are now receiving Social Security disability payments, a 23 percent increase since 2007. More and more people are being paid not to work, which reduces the number of taxpayers, and the government is borrowing more money to make more payments to more people, including the increasing number (47 million) on food stamps....

The American Spectator : Equality or Independence?

2. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    I agree. I think Romney and Ryan should continue to bash the 47%ers at every campaign stop!

3. TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    But..but..but... Event he nonworkers pay taxes!

4. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,338
    Do democrat voters make up more or less than 47%?

Romney should bash the democrats at every campaign stop even if they are the 47%.

5. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,621
    Does anyone seriously believe Obama or Romney would balance the federal budget by 2016?

I sure as hell don't. It will be 2016 and Obama will still be running over a trillion dollars in annual deficits, and his anus worshippers will still be finding ways to blame Bush.

But I don't buy Romney will balance it either. Not with a borrow and spend Congress pandering to everyone who casts a shadow.

6. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816

And this is why liberals want to increase the amount of people not paying income taxes or receiving government assistance, and shift the burden to the earners who continue to be vilified by the left... the more the # grows the more they will vote to keep from paying income tax and to keep receiving handouts

7. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    I can't answer your question on the math, as these are simply Mitt's numbers, and based on the rest of his math for our country, I have seen few details.

8. buckeye45_73

buckeye45_73 Lakhota's my *****

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,191
    We need a flat tax and eveyone pays a certain percentage, then when you raise taxes you cant pit groups against each other, but libtards will never go for it, just for that reason alone

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,621
    I find myself more and more in favor of a flat tax and/or a consumption tax.

Among other advantages, you can't hide a tax increase in a flat tax and/or consumption tax. It is immediately evident.

10. Full-Auto

Full-Auto Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,615
    Romney already stated it would take eight to ten years to balance.......

Can we hold out that long?