Economic Development That Works: Local Food

How much is this going to cost up front and what is the expected return?

That depends on who does it.

If people start planting gardens on already vacant lots that costs nothing. or next to nothing. If It manifests as a program it could cost anything and be limited by the program itself. If they have to actually condemn the land involved or clear the lots of buildings and debris....

One would like to think that the lots already have topsoil and that nobody has to buy the vacant lots to use them, but I dunno.

If people start planting gardens on already vacant lots that costs nothing. or next to nothing. If It manifests as a program it could cost anything and be limited by the program itself. If they have to actually condemn the land involved or clear the lots of buildings and debris....

One would like to think that the lots already have topsoil and that nobody has to buy the vacant lots to use them, but I dunno.

So before we call it a concept that "Works," wouldn't we have to demonstrate that it actually works in some financial modeling?

Madeline.
Local food is growing around here. From farmers markets to livestock and chickens for meat and eggs. A new goat cheese factory and peperoni factory in KY as well.

I deal more on a very local level. I buy local eggs from a kid down the road. Also bought my thanksgiving turkey on the "hoof" for the kid. A very good hardworkinig 4H kid. he also has been contracted to mow my lawn for my estate.
I trade beef for pork and shelled local grown corn for my livestock.

So before we call it a concept that "Works," wouldn't we have to demonstrate that it actually works in some financial modeling?

"It" already is working in thousands of places. Whether this particular program will work is a product of the details involved in this program.

"It" already is working in thousands of places. Whether this particular program will work is a product of the details involved in this program.

Ah. I understand.

Ok, but why did this particular program get a grant without a financial model?

Ok, but why did this particular program get a grant without a financial model?

according to the article it was just a study. I have no idea what the details of it's findings and proposal were. That info was not included in the article.

Bureaucracy could fuck up a wet dream if the wrong people manage it.

Forum List

Back