Economic Apocalyspe Now.

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
My beautiful freinds , this is the End of American, and global Capitalism.
The current Obama administration, has set in motion an economic catastrophe, that your
great grand children , children will not be able to repair. The United States deficeit for
future generations , with all these corporate bailouts, will be in the trillion of dollars.
America, and many other western nations, will be economically insolvent within the next
15 to 20 years. What will we do to fix this mess?.

The current Obama administration, has set in motion an economic catastrophe, that your
great grand children , children will not be able to repair. The United States deficeit for
future generations , with all these corporate bailouts, will be in the trillion of dollars.

You just became aware of the fact that the US has been borrowing trillions of dollars? It's been going on for decades. Reagan was the first trillion borrower.

America, and many other western nations, will be economically insolvent within the next

Raise taxes and cut spending. Pretty simple, really.

Last edited:

You just became aware of the fact that the US has been borrowing trillions of dollars? It's been going on for decades. Reagan was the first trillion borrower.

reagan borrowed a trillion dollars? one budget year or mulitple?

You guys are so silly. Obama has saved the stock market with his steady condidence that all is right with America. All those economic numbers don't mean squat. What matters is that the market is going up and up and UP and UP! That will pull the economy up. That is what they tell me and I am beginning to believe.

You guys are so silly. Obama has saved the stock market with his steady condidence that all is right with America. All those economic numbers don't mean squat. What matters is that the market is going up and up and UP and UP! That will pull the economy up. That is what they tell me and I am beginning to believe.

Well, you are right, what people believe is about 80% of the battle.

It's why Rush and Mark and Shawn and Glenn are all shouting how terrible the economy is going to fail.

you are actually right its all abot confidence.

Where would YOU cut spending?

Get out of the Iraq war, cut military spending about 1/3 (down to relative levels it was at in 2000), make SS/Medicare means tested, as a start. That would save 4-500 billion a year and just about balance the budget.

And other areas can be triimmed as well, but those are the biggies.

Get out of the Iraq war, cut military spending about 1/3 (down to relative levels it was at in 2000), make SS/Medicare means tested, as a start. That would save 4-500 billion a year and just about balance the budget.

Like I've said in the past, you and I aren't all that different when it comes to spending cuts. I'm not your typical conservative.

Like I've said in the past, you and I aren't all that different when it comes to spending cuts. I'm not your typical conservative.

That's true -- and I'm not your typical liberal :beer:

There's just about ZERO reason to spend as much on defense as we do, to fight "terrorism". We're losing our minds over a bunch of cave men who have no real military prowess with which to threaten our country's future.

At least when they freightened the shit out of us about the Soviet Union to increase defense spending, there was a REASON to be afraid.

I'm sorry, I'm just not that scared of terrorism. I'm more likely to die in a plane crash, quite frankly.

You people are still not looking at the long term results of all this Government spending. We are setting
our children, and their children up for an economic nightmare and catastrophe, hitherto the World economic systems has not seen since the begining of recorded history.!!This is what I am talking about,
the future, not this temporary , Oh, the Stock market is going up, so everything is alright now.That is very shorsighted thinking, that is blinding us to from looking at the long term prospects for the American economy.!!
How will our children pay off all this debt, that we are creating?!

Last edited:
You people are still not looking at the long term results of all this Government spending. We are setting
our children, and their children up for an economic nightmare and catastrophe, hitherto the World economic systems has not seen since the begining of recorded history.!!This is what I am talking about,
the future, not this temporary , Oh, the Stock market is going up, so everything is alright now.That is very shorsighted thinking, that is blinding us to from looking at the long term prospects for the American economy.!!

Who is saying that? We've just outlined $500 billion in annual spending cuts.

Repeal the Bush tax cuts, and we are back with surpluses.

Are you on board?

There's just about ZERO reason to spend as much on defense as we do, to fight "terrorism". We're losing our minds over a bunch of cave men who have no real military prowess with which to threaten our country's future.

At least when they freightened the shit out of us about the Soviet Union to increase defense spending, there was a REASON to be afraid.

I'm sorry, I'm just not that scared of terrorism. I'm more likely to die in a plane crash, quite frankly.

Yea, I've never really bought the whole "war on terror" thing. We act like it's a big deal to have 140,000 troops in Iraq or 60,000 in Afghanistan. We had over 4,000,000 troops active in WWII. We have the CIA, FBI and Homeland Security working to prevent more 9-11's, we really have no need to use troops to ferret out primitives in caves in a part of the world that doesn't even matter.

The Cold War was different, we had a legit superpower pointing nukes, 20,000 tanks, and 5,000 combat aircraft at us. We now have a few cavemen pointing AK-47s at us....

We have no credible military threat to this country anymore. It's actually kind of boring now.....

At some point, the Chinese and Gulf Oil States are going to stop lending us money. At that time, Medicare, Medicade and Social Security will simply have to end. We got along for 150+ years without SS, 200 years without Medicade and Medicare. Local charities took care of indigents back then. We took care of our own. And frankly, a lot of people just died. Too bad, that's the way it was, if you couldn't take care of yourself, you either depended on charity or you died. So there was major incentive to work and take care of yourself as there was no social safety net. We will or should go largely back to that.

At some point, the Chinese and Gulf Oil States are going to stop lending us money. At that time, Medicare, Medicade and Social Security will simply have to end. We got along for 150+ years without SS, 200 years without Medicade and Medicare. Local charities took care of indigents back then. We took care of our own. And frankly, a lot of people just died. Too bad, that's the way it was, if you couldn't take care of yourself, you either depended on charity or you died. So there was major incentive to work and take care of yourself as there was no social safety net. We will or should go largely back to that.

that might be the dumbest thing i have ever read in my life.

Forum List

Back