Economc competition is genetic selection

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
With the end of family farming in the developed world close to 100 years ago human neurology has become maladaptive. That much is very easy to prove and has been proven by Evolutionary Psychologists and Behavioral Economists but what I find strange is the denial surrounding obvious selection that has been happening.

The 74-89 S&L real estate bubble followed by the 1994-2006 real estate bubble has been crippling to the reproductive success of those with too strong territorial and/or herding drives.

Gendercide in Asia has been economically and genetically devastating to those who place too high a value on sons.

So, what other cases of economic competition leading to genetic/cultural selection have I missed?

With the end of family farming in the developed world close to 100 years ago human neurology has become maladaptive. That much is very easy to prove and has been proven by Evolutionary Psychologists and Behavioral Economists but what I find strange is the denial surrounding obvious selection that has been happening.

The 74-89 S&L real estate bubble followed by the 1994-2006 real estate bubble has been crippling to the reproductive success of those with too strong territorial and/or herding drives.

Gendercide in Asia has been economically and genetically devastating to those who place too high a value on sons.

So, what other cases of economic competition leading to genetic/cultural selection have I missed?

the only issue in the voting booth is freedom versus government. If you worry about other irrelevant issues you will always appear to be liberal and slow.

I would say though that this is the first time in human history when the developed countries have created a situation where it is close to impossible to earn a living without a good education. But, with idiotic liberal programs the least able among us reproduce the most so our situation may decline a warp speed owing to both the new educational requirements and the new counter evolutionary welfare programs.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back