Ecclesiastes 10:2: God is a Right winger

:eusa_pray:
Mark 10:21 — “Jesus looked at him and loved him. ‘One thing you lack,’ he said. ‘Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.

Sooo, now are you going to make up for the Negging me?

Context.... He (Jesus) knew the man wouldn't do it.
The rich man wanted to know how he could 'inherit eternal life'.

21Jesus, looking at him, loved him and said, ‘You lack one thing; go, sell what you own, and give the money* to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me.’ 22When he heard this, he was shocked and went away grieving, for he had many possessions.

23 Then Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, ‘How hard it will be for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God!’ 24And the disciples were perplexed at these words. But Jesus said to them again, ‘Children, how hard it is* to enter the kingdom of God! 25It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.’ 26They were greatly astounded and said to one another,* ‘Then who can be saved?’ 27Jesus looked at them and said, ‘For mortals it is impossible, but not for God; for God all things are possible.’

Jesus did not want people to be mislead that only rich people have a problem being saved. Jesus wanted the disciples to know human effort cant bring a person into the kingdom of God.

Anyone can say they are a Christian, but to actually live the life... Thats another story all together.... Unless these actions are rooted in a much deeper change of heart, they are useless.

Context Kiwi... context.

If one believes in God and lives their life for God, all things are possible. (Like positive repping me for proving what I had posted, is actually in the Bible,,at least twice! Infidel, you shouldn't be so fast at giving out Negs, particularly when the post is accurate.:cool:
"Now redeem yourself and I will forgive you saith the Kiwiman"!

But the post isn't accurate. No where in the scripture you cited did Jesus command us to give up all our money to the poor.

Did Jesus really mean to sale all he had? Did God mean for Abraham to kill his son for God? It was all a test to see if you will do as God says.

Well, if we interpret Genesis the way kiwi is interpreting the quoted passage from Jesus, we have to conclude that all of us are required to sacrifice our first born son.

We are also required to build an Ark and gather all the animals.

We are also to keep every aspect of the Law of Moses. Hope you men are circumcised... though sins many of you will have to be sacrificed, it may not matter as much.

We also have to walk around Jericho lots of times and yell to drop the walls of the city.

Needless to say, the interpretation is wrong.

On the OP. Isn't it interesting how things happened to work out that way, that those who hate religion went to the left, why much of those who like religion went to the right?

Context.... He (Jesus) knew the man wouldn't do it.
The rich man wanted to know how he could 'inherit eternal life'.

21Jesus, looking at him, loved him and said, ]You lack one thing; go, sell what you own, and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven[/B]; then come, follow me.’ 22When he heard this, he was shocked and went away grieving, for he had many possessions.

23 Then Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, ‘How hard it will be for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God!’ 24And the disciples were perplexed at these words. But Jesus said to them again, ‘Children, how hard it is* to enter the kingdom of God! 25It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.’ 26They were greatly astounded and said to one another,* ‘Then who can be saved?’ 27Jesus looked at them and said, ‘For mortals it is impossible, but not for God; for God all things are possible.’

Jesus did not want people to be mislead that only rich people have a problem being saved. Jesus wanted the disciples to know human effort cant bring a person into the kingdom of God.

Anyone can say they are a Christian, but to actually live the life... Thats another story all together.... Unless these actions are rooted in a much deeper change of heart, they are useless.

Context Kiwi... context.

If one believes in God and lives their life for God, all things are possible. (Like positive repping me for proving what I had posted, is actually in the Bible,,at least twice! Infidel, you shouldn't be so fast at giving out Negs, particularly when the post is accurate.:cool:

But the post isn't accurate. No where in the scripture you cited did Jesus command us to give up all our money to the poor.

Is that right? Here's two versus I posted earlier.

Mark 10:21 — “Jesus looked at him and loved him. ‘One thing you lack,’ he said. ‘Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.

Luke 12:15-17a, 19b-21, 33 — “Then he said to them, ‘Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.’ And he told them this parable: ‘The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop. He thought to himself, ... “ have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.” But God said to him, “You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you.” This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God. ... Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. ...’ ”

Last edited:
So is God contradicting God when he tells his followers to help the weak and poor, for the wealthy to give up all their wealth to the poor and to protect God's Earth (environment)? The reason I asks this is because God's direction to man regarding these matters goes against the Right's agenda.

No. It contradicts the leftists lie about the Rights agenda.

Big difference. One is reality, the other is propaganda.

I guess you don't pay attention to what the Right says and does. They are constantly cowering to the wealthy and Corporate America who's wealth/income has skyrocketed since the recovery started. At the same time, they want to cut programs that help the poor and middle class who have basically lost out are are left out with the recovery. Every thing points to this! And of course there's the environment, which God repeatedly tells use we are to be stewards and to take care of His Earth. The Right is obsessed with deregulation that would increase pollution because it would cost Corporate America to comply with pollution preventing regulation (see coal industry).

Now understand, I'm not for regulations that are just plain nuts (see farm dust regulation), but I feel it is highly important not to pollute the Earth for the health of Earth and mankind.

And yes, I realize the Left isn't much better than the Right. Each side exaggerates/distorts facts to fit their ideology, that's why I am an Independent, I want nothing to do with the Right or the Left, Both ideologies are so narrow that they to them everything is black and white with no gray area, how unreal is that?

Oh, you mean like all those tax loops holes the average American can't use but the wealthy can use?

"Wealthy"???

"Average Americans"???

What the heck happened to "no labels" you fraud???

Let me explain something to you. I have no political labels! Anyone with any kind of morals and sense of pride in America, the greatest country ever, would be troubled by severe economic inequality of this country's largest segment of population, working Americans.
So according to you, it's inappropriate to bring up something that is a fact because you don't like it?:eusa_hand:

I didn't say I didn't like it....

....I like calling you names!

Here, watch this one:
"...severe economic inequality of this country's largest segment of population, working Americans."

You're UNINFORMED!!!

Last edited:
I thought the concepts o "right" and "left" was formed during the French revolution. The Biblical concept is probably a distinction between "normalcy" and "odd" as in terms of right handed and Left handed.

I thought the concepts o "right" and "left" was formed during the French revolution. The Biblical concept is probably a distinction between "normalcy" and "odd" as in terms of right handed and Left handed.

In a biblical sense right is right left is wrong

In a biblical sense right is right left is wrong

:lol:
I think you'd have been better served saying, "In a biblical sense right is correct and left is wrong."
:lol:

Is that right? Here's two versus I posted earlier.

Luke 12:15-17a, 19b-21, 33 — “Then he said to them, ‘Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.’ And he told them this parable: ‘The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop. He thought to himself, ... “ have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.” But God said to him, “You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you.” This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God. ... Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. ...’ ”

Yes it is right. Neither of those verses tell us to give up everything we have to the poor. Just like God's commandments to Noah to build an ark doesn't mean we are to do likewise.

God commands people as He pleases.We need not assume that because He has commanded one person one thing that He can not and will not command another person another thing.

Take circumcision. This was a commandment to Abraham and his seed. The Gentiles were not commanded in this matter.

In order to truly understand the scriptures we have to truly look at what they actually say. It's difficult. I know Ive read some passages many times before I realized what God was trying to say and there are some passages I'm still trying to understand. The Spirit teaches us as quickly as we are ready to recieve it.

Last edited:

It was formed during the French Revolution. That's why I find it interesting that the anti religious sentiments of the French Revolution chose labels that put them terms with Biblical concepts.

Obviously the Bible isn't specifically discussing modern politics. But what a coincidence!

Forum List

Back