"Ebola patients sent away"

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
"Ebola patients sent away"

Wednesday Aug 27 2014

"We have staff at the gate who do nothing but turn away people. This is not easy, because we don't know where they could go," said Karline Kleijer from MSF.

In West Africa, the Ebola epidemic is still spreading rapidly. To absorb patients MSF opened an emergency clinic last week in the Liberian capital Monrovia. After four days the clinic was full.

Currently there are about 200 patients in the clinic. According Kleijer that could have been more than 600 already if they had opened the doors. That can not be, because so many people infected with Ebola would be a danger to the employees of MSF.

Not administered
Because there are not enough emergency clinics and regular healthcare is not functioning most Ebola patients can not be administered. Therefore, the clinic expanded by another dozen beds. But even that is not enough. "We know that there are thousands of patients walking in the street which now infect other people," says Kleijer.

According to her, there are not enough resources to detect the contacts of the patients. Thereforepeople who are also infected can not be identified . " The houses of patients must be decontaminated. It will not happen."

emotional
The work of the rescuers is heavy. It is very hot in the suits that they need and there is always the risk of getting infected with the virus.

Emotionally it is difficult, says Kleijer. "One of the worst moments is when people die when they arrive here. Often with family and then you get their grief too."

"But what I find the weirdest is that I talk with patients that I know they are dead a few days later."
NOS.nl

• Banned
Ebola outbreak: 'It's even worse than I'd feared'
Ebola outbreak It s even worse than I d feared - CNN.com

(CNN) -- "It's even worse than I'd feared," Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said Wednesday of the Ebola outbreak rampaging through West Africa. "Every day this outbreak goes on, it increases the risk for another export to another country.

"The sooner the world comes together to help Liberia and West Africans, the safer we will all be."

Frieden spoke to CNN's Nima Elbagir in Monrovia, Liberia, where fear and anger over the largest Ebola outbreak on record has grown as health officials put up quarantines around some of the capital city's poorest areas.

More than 2,600 people have been infected by Ebola in Liberia, Guinea, Sierra Leone and Nigeria since the outbreak began in December, according to the World Health Organization. Nearly 1,500 have died.

Why not just close it in and let it burn its self out. Fuck liberia!

• Banned
4 West Point 'Looters' Tested Positive of Ebola

The Minister of the Ministry of Information, Cultural Affairs and Tourism (MICAT), Lewis G. Brown, has disclosed that four of the protesters, who recently broke into and ransacked the Ebola Quarantine Center in the West Point Township, have been tested positive of the Ebola virus.

...more

allAfrica.com Liberia 4 West Point Looters Tested Positive of Ebola

IDIOTS!

Ebola outbreak: 'It's even worse than I'd feared'
Ebola outbreak It s even worse than I d feared - CNN.com

(CNN) -- "It's even worse than I'd feared," Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said Wednesday of the Ebola outbreak rampaging through West Africa. "Every day this outbreak goes on, it increases the risk for another export to another country.

"The sooner the world comes together to help Liberia and West Africans, the safer we will all be."

Frieden spoke to CNN's Nima Elbagir in Monrovia, Liberia, where fear and anger over the largest Ebola outbreak on record has grown as health officials put up quarantines around some of the capital city's poorest areas.

More than 2,600 people have been infected by Ebola in Liberia, Guinea, Sierra Leone and Nigeria since the outbreak began in December, according to the World Health Organization. Nearly 1,500 have died.

Why not just close it in and let it burn its self out. Fuck liberia!

Spoken like a man that supports R&D...

Historically the way ebola was handled was quarantine and let it burn itself out. Helping victims is hurting everyone else.

Forum List

Back