Ebola Patient Dies

First of all, we already have more than one thread on this.
Second, I wondered when some ass lib here would claim he died because he's black.
Congratulations.

Who said he died BECAUSE of being black? I'm black and I'm not dead
You're obviously implying he was not given proper treatment because he was black and that we don't value the life of a black person as much as we do a white person.
There you go.

Well if you knew Ebola existed for a decade and thousands died from it and then 2 white people catch it then suddenly a cure magically appears...Someone would ask some serious questions. But instead of that I'm supposed to what? Suspend disbelief? Because you're going to cry about it?
I think it's more that they don't care about people from third world countries. Ebola has been around for decades with no serious effort to cure it. Which was very shortsighted because infectious disease always spreads. Now America Freaks Out.

The two Americans who lived worked with Ebola patients. When they got sick, they were treated immediately.

When this man got sick, he didn't tell hospital staff he'd been exposed to Ebola. The initial symptoms are similar to flu. Had he been truthful about his exposure to Ebola. He might have received more timely treatment.

Second, I wondered when some ass lib here would claim he died because he's black.
Congratulations.

You're obviously implying he was not given proper treatment because he was black and that we don't value the life of a black person as much as we do a white person.
There you go.

Well if you knew Ebola existed for a decade and thousands died from it and then 2 white people catch it then suddenly a cure magically appears...Someone would ask some serious questions. But instead of that I'm supposed to what? Suspend disbelief? Because you're going to cry about it?

From a sampling of three people you come to this conclusion?
Boy those mother fuckers in africa are some serious racist!!!

One Montana lab has been trying to develop a vaccine for 20 years. I also know Scripps has been studying it for years as well. Their research helped lead to the development of zmapp. A number of strains of ebola have popped up through the years. And from 1976 through 2013, only 1700 confirmed cases. Since the beginning of this year, over 7500 cases have been confirmed, with many more suspected, but not confirmed.
Congratulations.

There you go.

I think it's more that they don't care about people from third world countries. Ebola has been around for decades with no serious effort to cure it. Which was very shortsighted because infectious disease always spreads. Now America Freaks Out.

Congratulations.

There you go.

Yeah theres only been three cases of Ebola ever

One Montana lab has been trying to develop a vaccine for 20 years. I also know Scripps has been studying it for years as well. Their research helped lead to the development of zmapp. A number of strains of ebola have popped up through the years. And from 1976 through 2013, only 1700 confirmed cases. Since the beginning of this year, over 7500 cases have been confirmed, with many more suspected, but not confirmed.
Congratulations.

There you go.

I imagine now that many 1st world governments will start putting money into research and it won't be long before ebola is just another virus.

And more private money should become available for research. There seems to have been a obstacle with companies going into phase 1 trials, though, according to opendemocracy-
Various US and Canadian private companies and institutions have worked to develop an ebola vaccine, but have so far been denied the NIH funding which, in the US, is the precondition for phase one trials on human beings.

There you go.

I imagine now that many 1st world governments will start putting money into research and it won't be long before ebola is just another virus.

Congratulations.

There you go.

Yeah theres only been three cases of Ebola ever

No shit sherlock. Only a racist asshole would try and make your claim of racism with such a small sample size....or a dumbass liberal.

Congratulations.

There you go.

It's not that the drug companies don't care about people in Third World countries, it's because there's no money to be made in doing so. The people in the Third World have no money to buy expensive drugs.

If you contract some very rare disease that only a handful of people around the world come down with in any given year, you'd best make sure your affairs are in order because nobody is researching a cure for that one either.

Drug companies are in the business of making money. They can do this by finding effective treatments for common ailments. The more people who need their products, the more money they make.

Congratulations.

There you go.

Good point.

Here's what most likely happened with the Thomas Eric Duncan situation.
He came to that private owned hospital visibly sick, then described his symptoms.
The person at the desk asked him "Sir, what insurance do you have?"
He replied, "none."
They responded, "You're not sick, so you can go back home now."
Nothing more than that.
Plain and simple.

He came to that private owned hospital visibly sick, then described his symptoms.
He replied, "none."
Nothing more than that.
Plain and simple.

Fuck him. He shouldnt have been here in the first place.
I just wish he would have died in Africa,then we wouldnt even be having this conversation.

He replied, "none."
Nothing more than that.
Plain and simple.

Fuck him. He shouldnt have been here in the first place.
I just wish he would have died in Africa,then we wouldnt even be having this conversation.
Yes, I 'm well aware of the Republican creed to let them die...

He replied, "none."
Nothing more than that.
Plain and simple.

Only flu like symptoms.

Had the CDC put out a full ebola alert? Had the CDC at this point in time prepared all hospitals across the nation to implement their protocols?

Why no they hadn't. Because the bloody fools at the CDC had no protocols in place for handling ebola patients.

Now to your point about lack of insurance. Do tell Marc. Why did they admit him round two with no insurance?

Because you are claiming that round one they refused to treat him with no insurance, so why on earth did they treat him round two with no insurance?

He replied, "none."
Nothing more than that.
Plain and simple.

Only flu like symptoms.

Had the CDC put out a full ebola alert? Had the CDC at this point in time prepared all hospitals across the nation to implement their protocols?

Why no they hadn't. Because the bloody fools at the CDC had no protocols in place for handling ebola patients.

Now to your point about lack of insurance. Do tell Marc. Why did they admit him round two with no insurance?

Because you are claiming that round one they refused to treat him with no insurance, so why on earth did they treat him round two with no insurance?

The hospital itself had protocols that they didnt follow themselves. I dont see how the CDC saying "follow these" is different but you need a govt body to accuse so you got it..

He replied, "none."
Nothing more than that.
Plain and simple.

Only flu like symptoms.

The CDC had absolutely ZERO to do with that PRIVATELY owned Dallas hospital.
They didn't hear anything after the now-deceased Duncan said "I have no insurance" they just wanted him off the premises.
They let him back in the second time because of the media and Ebola scare.

He replied, "none."
Nothing more than that.
Plain and simple.

Only flu like symptoms.

The CDC had absolutely ZERO to do with that PRIVATELY owned Dallas hospital.
They didn't hear anything after the now-deceased Duncan said "I have no insurance" they just wanted him off the premises.
They let him back in the second time because of the media and Ebola scare.

That asshole lied to get in the country, possibly exposing all of us to ebola.
Fuck him and his racist family!!

Forum List

Back